ADVERTISEMENT

The path to 6 wins become tougher

Guessing he is either a Buff, or UCF. Both are trash.
Based on post history he's a sCUm fan, and his life must really suck. He either hates his job or has a sh*tty home life so he has to hide here to vent. He's been a member since 2015 yet his only posts are on this board after the game.

McCartney created an odd culture for CU fans. They exist more to hate Nebraska than they do to support their own team. Like some weird little brother syndrome. Even 8 years after the fact, CU fan is still holding on. I guess that's what you get with a program with no tradition or prestige. I mean, their only glimpse of that is a title that should have an asterisk by it. They hang their hats on 2001 more than aything.

Truly pathetic.

Last edited:
I think execution improves from week 1 to week 2. Mistakes are still going to be made. Bad plays, bonehead decisions and penalties will happen all year long.

I thought, for the most part, Nebraska executed pretty well. I think the turnovers would have happened week 14 or week 1, with the exception of the pick on 1st down after the turnover on downs. Both fumbles were good defensive plays. Like I said in week 14, Martinez still reaches out to get the extra yards and exposes the ball to be punched out and week 14, Bell still fumbles the ball that got popped out on that hit.

Some of the penalties may improve, but Frost's UCF teams were some of the most penalized teams in America. I don't expect much improvement there.
I agree about the penalties. That's probably the one thing Riley trumps Frost in is his teams were generally well disciplined in terms of penalties and tackling technique. I also wasn't a huge fan of all the trash talking some players were doing against Colorado.

Reactions: husker2612
Based on post history he's a sCUm fan, and his life must really suck. He either hates his job or has a sh*tty home life so he has to hide here to vent. He's been a member since 2015 yet his only posts are on this board after the game.

McCartney created an odd culture for CU fans. They exist more to hate Nebraska than they do to support their own team. Like some weird little brother syndrome. Even 8 years after the fact, CU fan is still holding on. I guess that's what you get with a program with no tradition or prestige. I mean, their only glimpse of that is a title that should have an asterisk by it. They hang their hats on 2001 more than aything.

Truly pathetic.
Just a realist. The talent level is not there yet. One good but young QB and a defense that quit in multiple games last year, coached be a man that coached a terrible defensive team last year. Nebraska will beat Troy but is going to get handled by Michigan. I’m guessing 34-20.

Just a realist. The talent level is not there yet. One good but young QB and a defense that quit in multiple games last year, coached be a man that coached a terrible defensive team last year. Nebraska will beat Troy but is going to get handled by Michigan. I’m guessing 34-20.

So, you're a realist. Who else are you? You seem to care an awful lot about the Husker program. Are you a closet Husker pessimist? No, that wouldn't make sense. Even a Husker pessimist wouldn't piss all over the program. I bet you are an Iowa fan (it's obvious, your name gives it away). Only an Iowa loser would trash NU like this.

Late to this thread and idc to read up. Looking at the last few comments tells me all I need to know. Just going to say, if we need another game - make it Dec 1. At home. Schedule anyone. IDC at all. Just do it.

I agree about the penalties. That's probably the one thing Riley trumps Frost in is his teams were generally well disciplined in terms of penalties and tackling technique. I also wasn't a huge fan of all the trash talking some players were doing against Colorado.
Not saying it is right, but if we want these teams to have fire and passion. The talking usually comes with it. I will take that any day over what we had the last 3 years.

I don't really understand why other people go on to other teams boards in the first place. 2nd, I don't understand why they go on and pose as that teams "fan". When everyone can see through their passive aggressive BS. You are not a Nebraska fan, everyone here knows it. At least have the balls to say who your team is here, support them. Then maybe, people wont take everything that you say as garbage.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Not saying it is right, but if we want these teams to have fire and passion. The talking usually comes with it. I will take that any day over what we had the last 3 years.
I don't mind trash talking if you actually make a big play or a big hit. But if you do it after a player gains 7 or 8 yards on you and you're just making a routine tackle, I think it makes you look kind of dumb.

Reactions: husker2612
I don't really understand why other people go on to other teams boards in the first place. 2nd, I don't understand why they go on and pose as that teams "fan". When everyone can see through their passive aggressive BS. You are not a Nebraska fan, everyone here knows it. At least have the balls to say who your team is here, support them. Then maybe, people wont take everything that you say as garbage.
I regret to inform you, I don’t give a $hit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT