ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Lee will play in the NFL

I have significant doubts that he will, but still a great performance tonight.

Anderson at Oregon State made it. Lee has a cannon.

He literally willed this game to a victory. Hit windows. The guy can sling it...

GBR
This performance tonight is what we were hearing about all offseason. I would be surprised to see Tanner back after this season unless Riley is retained though.

Not that it has any bearing on a coaching change decision, but Lee is a draft declare if MR is not retained, unless a passing oriented coach is hired. Lee may now be the best argument for retaining Riley.

Not that it has any bearing on a coaching change decision, but Lee is a draft declare if MR is not retained, unless a passing oriented coach is hired. Lee may now be the best argument for retaining Riley.

Depends on how he projects at the next level.

GBR

I've watched Rosen, and I think Lee has a better arm. If you want to know the truth. He projects.

Why do we care if he plays in the NFL. Do you think Ohio State fans care if J.T. Barrett will or won’t play qb in the pros. The same can be said for Mcsorely and PSU and many other teams who have good college qbs who won’t play pro. Those fans are worried about winning meaningful games.
Are you kidding me? Don’t you love those nfl intros that say NEBRASKA? I certainly care about our players at the next level and all that goes along with that status.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Why do we care if he plays in the NFL. Do you think Ohio State fans care if J.T. Barrett will or won’t play qb in the pros. The same can be said for Mcsorely and PSU and many other teams who have good college qbs who won’t play pro. Those fans are worried about winning meaningful games.

Because it's good for the program and Tanner !

Reactions: RedMyMind
One thing he has going for him is he has to make decisions pretty quickly, as his Oline doesn't help him much.

Tanner was a timebomb early in the season. As of late, he stays active in the pocket and looks for an open receiver. A lot of times he escapes, his receiver drops an easy pass. I watched one play in the second half where he made a great escape and lobbed a really nice touch pass over a defender to a TE I think. It was called back due to a hold. That was a pass we have not seen at Nebraska in forever. If we have passers, I am happy they can make that pass. I will give the running QB's a pass on that play.

He will be a weird fit with what Frost will want to do next season. Might be wise to declare after the season

Lee does have a fantastic arm but he does seem have a bit of a wind up. The elite NFL arms (Rodgers, Stafford, etc.) can generate that kind of zip from very small arm circles when necessary. I also doubt he has the ability to throw from all the various platforms. I think he’ll stick on some rosters, but I don’t see him actually playing much.

Thanks, i agree. Lee was outstanding tonight, very NFL potential.

Be honest, now. How many of you said the same thing about Westercamp? I remember reading that not only would he get drafted high, he would be the next Edelman. Still, fun to have high hopes!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Be honest, now. How many of you said the same thing about Westercamp? I remember reading that not only would he get drafted high, he would be the next Edelman. Still, fun to have high hopes!
honestly, I didn't hear very many people say that. We knew he was too slow

Fair point, but I would say possession receivers like Westy are a dime a dozen, where as NFL QBs are a little less common...

I was all in on him being an NFL QB before the season began, and I do like this current version much better than the first 4 games, but like you said, it is fun to hope...

If Trevor Siemian can become a starting NFL quarterback, then it could also happen for Lee. I don't see him being an early draft pick, but someone will likely give him a shot.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT