ADVERTISEMENT

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 67 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.9%

• Total voters
Are all the “attitude” comments based on that one clip - sans context, of course - of him crying with his mom in the stands?

Kid’s never had an off the field issue. 30 TD, 5 INT this year. Has been making millions for years and appears to have zero issue handling it.

This thread is getting pretty funny.
So you are good with the Bears choosing him?

I just see so many potential issues.

So you are good with the Bears choosing him?

I just see so many potential issues.
Yes. He’s been the #1 quarterback in his class since he was 15 years old.

He’s by far the best quarterback in this draft class from a talent perspective.

And I’ve seen nothing from him that makes me think he’ll be a clubhouse issue. Every negative thing that’s come out has been planted by the redskins who desperately want him and none of it has been confirmed from Williams’s camp. Happens literally every single year around this time in the NFL calendar.

Not my or his fault that everyone here is easily duped when they hear/see what confirms their existing bias, even when it’s completely fabricated.

Same people who judge him negatively for crying will applaud Jason Kelce for doing the same thing.

Only issue I see is the Bears themselves once again recreating their own abysmal history at QB, which has nothing to do with Williams. If he’s able to overcome 100 years of futility at the position, it would be all the more amazing

I would argue that simply drafting him extends their futility.

I just do not see success in the NFL for him. Electric in College, but not a transcendant winner. I wish him luck, and what do I know anyway?

Reactions: Gary.Busey
I would argue that simply drafting him extends their futility.

I just do not see success in the NFL for him. Electric in College, but not a transcendant winner. I wish him luck, and what do I know anyway?
I’m curious about what specifically you see that precludes success.

And I’ve seen nothing from him that makes me think he’ll be a clubhouse issue. Every negative thing that’s come out has been planted by the redskins who desperately want him and none of it has been confirmed from Williams’s camp. Happens literally every single year around this time in the NFL calendar.

Not my or his fault that everyone here is easily duped when they hear/see what confirms their existing bias, even when it’s completely fabricated.

Same people who judge him negatively for crying will applaud Jason Kelce for doing the same thing.

Only issue I see is the Bears themselves once again recreating their own abysmal history at QB, which has nothing to do with Williams. If he’s able to overcome 100 years of futility at the position, it would be all the more amazing
Don't be hating on Jimmy Mac!!
McMahon-thumb-400x307-136724.gif

Don't be hating on Jimmy Mac!!
McMahon-thumb-400x307-136724.gif
Great leader.

Somewhat Haarberg-esque in Chicago. Lots of wins, but nobody would ever say he’s the reason why. Maybe he was.

Two best quarterbacks in Bears history statistically are Sid Luckman and Jay Cutler.

He will not outrun folks escaping the pocket. They are all as fast as him.

The main things I question, may very well point to my age, but nail polish, and crying against his mother's bosom is cringe to me, and I wonder how it will play in the testosterone filled pro locker room.

Plus he played for OU, and USC, two teams I do not like, for my personal bias!

Reactions: king_kong_
Found this on his draft profile...

"Struggled to play within the offense’s timing, sometimes due to poor blocking and other times because he wanted to extend the play for bigger opportunities. Williams must find a better balance when the game flow calls for it.

Prone to getting happy feet and breaking out of the pocket before it’s necessary. Footwork can make him late with on-schedule throws. Often drops back square to the line of scrimmage and needs extra steps to gather himself.

Can find a better balance between being a playmaker and taking the easier throw to extend drives. This can become a bigger weakness due to a lack of anticipation or pre-snap understanding of coverages.

His size is not ideal, lacking height and a fuller frame than his peers."

Great leader.

Somewhat Haarberg-esque in Chicago. Lots of wins, but nobody would ever say he’s the reason why. Maybe he was.

Two best quarterbacks in Bears history statistically are Sid Luckman and Jay Cutler.
As much as it pains me to say as a Packers fan the 85 Bears was the most dominant team ever. Killers on D with Singletary and Buddy Ryan running the show. Sweetness in the back field. Big personalities like Jimmy Mac and The Fridge. Ditka screwed up by not giving Walter his SB TD. He openly admits that now.

He was a fvcking character. Probably why he and Ditka butted heads so much.
I toured Oral Roberts in November, 1977.

I met the man, Oral.

Three of us went on an invite. We drove from Lincoln to Tulsa, at 17. It was a most bizarre experience. We had a large assembly of all us plebes, and Oral Roberts addressed our adoring faces. He told us that Playboy mag had listed Oral Roberts University in top 10 of most attractive co-eds. That seemed a bit off tune for a staid Christian University.

Oh well, Liberty U prez used to let the pool boy pound his wife as he watched, so what are the limits?

One of us three who went, did attend and graduate.

• Wow
Reactions: HBK4life
I toured Oral Roberts in November, 1977.

I met the man, Oral.

Three of us went on an invite. We drove from Lincoln to Tulsa, at 17. It was a most bizarre experience. We had a large assembly of all us plebes, and Oral Roberts addressed our adoring faces. He told us that Playboy mag had listed Oral Roberts University in top 10 of most attractive co-eds. That seemed a bit off tune for a staid Christian University.

Oh well, Liberty U prez used to let the pool boy pound his wife as he watched, so what are the limits?

One of us three who went, did attend and graduate.
My buddy @scopeandtime went to a different school. Anal Roberts. RollingLaugh

I don't care if the kid cried or not. He has an attitude. Maybe it's good for him, normally QB's need confidence. He certainly has that. He has the talent it at least looks like.

I have seen some NFL guys that are not real high on him but there is always both sides.

My projection for Caleb Williams is a Jared Goff type of career. Good enough to do some winning, but not really top tier.

That's mean.

Oh, Oklahoma beat Nebraska that weekend too on a cold snowy field.

I thought the trip, Oklahoma, and Oral Roberts U just plain sucked. Oral Roberts U seemed a weird place to my 17 yo eyes.
It's true. He played on the football team. He started as a TE. Tight End. Left school as a SE. Split End. I'll see myself out.
;)

• Haha
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Are all the “attitude” comments based on that one clip - sans context, of course - of him crying with his mom in the stands?

Kid’s never had an off the field issue. 30 TD, 5 INT this year. Has been making millions for years and appears to have zero issue handling it.

This thread is getting pretty funny.
No, but the funny part about the crying thing is he called out a player on another team for crying and then he does the exact same thing. The painting of the nails with the message for Utah (I think) and his kind of egotistical carefree demeanor give off an attitude vibe. He set himself up as a heel after leaving OU and being a heel in college made him millions, but it will be interesting to see how things turn out in the pros.

For me, I have no issues of what he did in college. Dude has everything you want in potential. The NFL locker room just has such a different dynamic and people won't put up with some of the ego he brings if he doesn't produce. He's no different than most, he just brings more buzz because of his extreme production during college and the way he has spoke before the draft.

No, but the funny part about the crying thing is he called out a player on another team for crying and then he does the exact same thing. The painting of the nails with the message for Utah (I think) and his kind of egotistical carefree demeanor give off an attitude vibe. He set himself up as a heel after leaving OU and being a heel in college made him millions, but it will be interesting to see how things turn out in the pros.

For me, I have no issues of what he did in college. Dude has everything you want in potential. The NFL locker room just has such a different dynamic and people won't put up with some of the ego he brings if he doesn't produce. He's no different than most, he just brings more buzz because of his extreme production during college and the way he has spoke before the draft.
Following your coach to a new school makes you a bad guy?

Fair enough

Appreciate the response and opinions

3 years ago at OU he looked phenomenal, DCs figured him out. Absolute bust. Has too much chaos around him, if he’d show up shut up and play ball I’d say 50/50 on him bust wise due to his height
Can you explain? His Completion percentage, YDs/ATT, TD/INT Ratio and Passer RTG all improved YoY?
Or maybe you're biased and you just don't like him?

Can you explain? His Completion percentage, YDs/ATT, TD/INT Ratio and Passer RTG all improved YoY?
Sure, last 3 seasons 11-2, 11-3, 7-5. Wins and losses are the only thing that matters, wheels fell off the wagon as Williams played hero ball all season. Won’t work in the league.

Define bust
That’s what I want to know also. I have been reading this thread for a few days now. And none of the OPs that say bust will define that. Just because he won’t ever win a Super Bowl ( if he doesn’t) doesn’t mean he is a bust.

Brady and Mahomes both must’ve never lost in college
Brady? who knows, was he destined for greatness or was he the right guy in the right moment of time to jumpstart his career with the patriots and their defensive culture. I don't see it with Williams.

JeMarcus Russell’s completion %, YDs/ATT, TD/INT Ratio and Passer RTG all improved YoY at LSU. How did that work out for him in the NFL? What one does in college doesn’t necessarily correlate with NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT