ADVERTISEMENT

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 67 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.9%

• Total voters
JeMarcus Russell’s completion %, YDs/ATT, TD/INT Ratio and Passer RTG all improved YoY at LSU. How did that work out for him in the NFL? What one does in college doesn’t necessarily correlate with NFL.
I haven't said anything about him doing well or poorly in the NFL.. I was simply stating facts in regards to Baloneys comments that D coordinators figured him out in College

Goff is a pretty damn good QB. Pretty sure the bears would love to have him, as would all but about 5 other teams.
I agree. He is pretty good and an upgrade over what most teams have. He gives you a shot if you have the other pieces. But up until maybe this year, he wasn’t mentioned in the same breath as Mahommes, Rodgers, Brady, Allen, Stafford. If he leads Detroit to another NFC North title, he may join that discussion more often.

And I am saying that is what I expect from Caleb Williams. He will be good, better than most, gives you a shot. I think he will fall well short of GOAT status, but he could lead his team to Super Bowl or two. Or not.

Says 6’1” . But I did not see his official combine measurements.
Hes 6-1. Just on the cusp of being tall enough. His OC and QB coach are going to be paramount to his success.

Bryce Young and Kyler Murray are both 5-10 and that is simply too short to play from the pocket where you have to be proficient to win.

I think it’s too early to call him a bust. If he’s willing to grow into the position, he could be very good for the league. I was critical of the crying episode, but going to give him a pass as lot of guys that age are immature. He’s gonna be tasked with being a leader of a team of grown ass men financially tied to his success, We’ll see how he does.

Being over 6'1" is a pretty big deal. I honestly thought he was shorter. Prior to the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, they would have given the Bears a run for their money when it comes to drafting mistakes ar that position...I think Todd Blackledge was the last QB who was drafted by the Chiefs who had won a game for them. That is a lot of suckage in between. Only gotta hit on 1 though. Maybe Caleb is it. Knowing he is tall enough does make me feel better about his prospects.

Reactions: king_kong_
Being over 6'1" is a pretty big deal. I honestly thought he was shorter. Prior to the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, they would have given the Bears a run for their money when it comes to drafting mistakes ar that position...I think Todd Blackledge was the last QB who was drafted by the Chiefs who had won a game for them. That is a lot of suckage in between. Only gotta hit on 1 though. Maybe Caleb is it. Knowing he is tall enough does make me feel better about his prospects.
They’ve had their share of success with free agent/trade target QBs, however

They’ve had their share of success with free agent/trade target QBs, however

Chiefs did OK in that department to. Montanna, Grbac (sp)?, Smith, etc....I was only speaking of drafting success. For almost 30 years the Chiefs did not have a drafted QB win a single game. That is a special kind of bad. Even the Bears weren't that bad at drafting QB's.

Reactions: Husker Todd
Chiefs did OK in that department to. Montanna, Grbac (sp)?, Smith, etc....I was only speaking of drafting success. For almost 30 years the Chiefs did not have a drafted QB win a single game. That is a special kind of bad. Even the Bears weren't that bad at drafting QB's.
Trent Green too

How many games did those drafted QBs play in those 30 years?

How many QBs did they take?

an NFL bust to me is a highly touted 1st round player who is incapable of playing in the league and is out of it in 3-4 years. If Bears select him and go 3-14, 5-12, there HC is gone and then a new regime comes in and Williams will get 1 year to prove it.

an NFL bust to me is a highly touted 1st round player who is incapable of playing in the league and is out of it in 3-4 years. If Bears select him and go 3-14, 5-12, there HC is gone and then a new regime comes in and Williams will get 1 year to prove it.
their HC will be gone if they miss the playoffs this upcoming year. he's already on borrowed time.

Mike Vrabel, come on down!

Last 10 qbs taken #1 overall. Pleasantly surprised how well they have panned out..

• 2021: QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson, Jaguars TBD
  • 2020: QB Joe Burrow, LSU, Bengals Not a Bust
  • 2019: QB Kyler Murray, Oklahoma, Cardinals TBD
  • 2018: QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, Browns TBD
  • 2016: QB Jared Goff, Cal, Rams Not a Bust
  • 2015: QB Jameis Winston, FloridaState, Buccaneers Bust
  • 2012: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford, Colts Not a Bust
  • 2011: QB Cam Newton, Auburn, Panthers Not a Bust
  • 2010: QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, Rams Bust
  • 2009: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia, Lions Not a Bust

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Last 10 qbs taken #1 overall. Pleasantly surprised how well they have panned out..

Luck not a bust but Winston is?

Reactions: tjlSker90

Murray is half a season away

Luck not a bust but Winston is?
Winston is not a bust in the stealing crab legs from Publix category

Luck was selected to pro bowl at a 67% clip. I don’t hold injuries against a guy, but you can. Bust is highly subjective

Winston is not a bust in the stealing crab legs from Publix category

Luck was selected to pro bowl at a 67% clip. I don’t hold injuries against a guy, but you can. Bust is highly subjective
Jameis will have a 10 year career

Luck got hurt skiing then quit

Subjective, indeed

Yeah he is in bust territory .. mayfield would of been classified as a bust in my book but he showed some grit.

As many have mentioned. What team/coach drafts you can mold you into a boom or bust
Mayfield is the last qb to win a playoff game in Cleveland

You’re all over the road here, bub

Yeah he is in bust territory .. mayfield would of been classified as a bust in my book but he showed some grit.

As many have mentioned. What team/coach drafts you can mold you into a boom or bust
I agree on mayfield, dude likes football and that’s what’s kept him in the game.

Jameis will have a 10 year career

Luck got hurt skiing then quit

Subjective, indeed
As a poster who thinks W is the most important stat (which I agree) then you’ll appreciate Luck’s career , no?

2012 11-5
2013 11-5
2014 11-5
2015 8-8
2016 8-8
Didn’t play 2017 colts went 4- 12
2018 10-6

If longevity is now your most valued metric then booger boy Chase Daniels is a great qb 🤣🤣

Winston only won 7 games with a very good Tampa bay team in 2019. Brady came in the next year and lead them to a Super Bowl.

As a poster who thinks W is the most important stat (which I agree) then you’ll appreciate Luck’s career , no?

2012 11-5
2013 11-5
2014 11-5
2015 8-8
2016 8-8
Didn’t play 2017 colts went 4- 12
2018 10-6

If longevity is now your most valued metric then booger boy Chase Daniels is a great qb 🤣🤣

Winston only won 7 games with a very good Tampa bay team in 2019. Brady came in the next year and lead them to a Super Bowl.
Luck hurt his throwing shoulder in a ski crash and left his teammates to fend for themselves

Jameis would never

Luck hurt his throwing shoulder in a ski crash and left his teammates to fend for themselves

Jameis would never
So …. Wins are no longer your most important metric? If your qb is stealing crab legs for your Oline and losing you’re good? I gotta say Kong.. you’re one complicated ape

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
So …. Wins are no longer your most important metric? If your qb is stealing crab legs for your Oline and losing you’re good? I gotta say Kong.. you’re one complicated ape
You’re conflating stories, likely due to your strong bias (very emotional)

Andrew luck took over a team 2 years removed from Peyton manning and did jack shit then hurt himself in a ski accident and quit

Jameis played for a horseshit org during some pretty thin years and is a great teammate. Really fun guy to watch, took a horrible franchise that was at rock bottom to the playoffs

You’re conflating stories, likely due to your strong bias (very emotional)

Andrew luck took over a team 2 years removed from Peyton manning and did jack shit then hurt himself in a ski accident and quit

Jameis played for a horseshit org during some pretty thin years and is a great teammate. Really fun guy to watch, took a horrible franchise that was at rock bottom to the playoffs
Haha you call me emotional, but then you say Winston is fun to watch (emotional data point) I live in stats and data bro… which you still haven’t provided for your boy Winston except “he’s fun to watch.” He sucked ass his whole career despite being on some very good teams.

Kong doesn’t care about wins. Fascinating times we are in

• Haha
Haha you call me emotional, but then you say Winston is fun to watch (emotional data point) I live in stats and data bro… which you still haven’t provided for your boy Winston except “he’s fun to watch.” He sucked ass his whole career despite being on some very good teams.

Kong doesn’t care about wins. Fascinating times we are in
Please list the good teams

Thanks in advance

Led the league in touchdown passes at least once also

Luck never won shit so not sure why you’re crowing about his extremely avg output on actual good teams. Then he quit.

Tampas roster was ass 100% of Winston’s seasons there. He dragged them to the playoffs by sheer force of will.

Andrew Luck

Generational talent, goes to a perennial Super Bowl contender

Plays 6 seasons, goes 4-4 in playoff games and quits after irreparably injuring himself off the football field

Yea. Definitely not a bust

🤣🤣

Please list the good teams

Thanks in advance

Led the league in touchdown passes at least once also

Luck never won shit so not sure why you’re crowing about his extremely avg output on actual good teams. Then he quit.

Tampas roster was ass 100% of Winston’s seasons there. He dragged them to the playoffs by sheer force of will.
when did you stop caring about Ws as most important metric.. you’re so emotional in your response. Are you my wife? If so get off the computer and give me a bj

Andrew Luck

Generational talent, goes to a perennial Super Bowl contender

Plays 6 seasons, goes 4-4 in playoff games and quits after irreparably injuring himself off the football field

Yea. Definitely not a bust

🤣🤣
That’s cool.. but why you loving Winston in the same posts? Makes zero sense bro. You’re acting like an emotional women and basing your posts off of feelings.. be better Kong

• Haha
when did you stop caring about Ws as most important metric.. you’re so emotional in your response. Are you my wife? If so get off the computer and give me a bj
Thanks for the laughs, Tampa!

I see you’ve reached the end of your brain power, so I’ll leave you to it.

Maybe next time!

That’s cool.. but why you living Winston in the same posts? Makes zero sense bro. You’re acting like an emotional women and basing your posts off of feelings.. be better Kong
Yawn

Same old recycled bullsh*t I hear from all the softies here

Another witless dullard who thinks copy/pasting insults makes him clever

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT