ADVERTISEMENT

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

Will Caleb Williams be a bust in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 67 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.9%

• Total voters
Do we know for sure how tall he is? USC has him at 6'1"??? ...if that is his listed height by USC we know he's shorter than that...if he is 6' even or less, major league bust...odds are just to stacked against short QB's.

If he does go to the Bears he'll be a bust no matter his height...if he goes elsewhere, and he is over 6' tall, he could be a .500 QB in a few years.

I look at NFL qb's kind of like presidential candidates. The longer you have been in the spotlight, the more is out there to scrutinize. I laugh when people call him the best qb prospect in decades. And I laugh when people say he isn't mentally tough because of the crying incident. Would anyone even know if Drake Maye was jacking off on the sideline? Because who watches UNC football?

I wouldn't make a Carolina - Bears like trade for him, that's for sure. But I wouldn't assume he is going to be Ryan Leaf because of the crying incident. He's had years of pressure that someone like Drake Maye has yet to ever experience.

I think he has probably been too much of an off script QB to ever be good in a system. More importantly I see him having trouble operating.in a pocket and reading what a defense is giving him. Too much of a run first mentality and has been able to be the "man" too long. I also see him bristling at criticism and coaching in the NFL.

Probably not a bust but not a star IMO. No way would I take him top ten, don't know what the evaluators see in him.
In all honesty I would probably take McCarthy over all the other QB's, he has all the tools and is a gamer.

Is 1st round draft pick that doesn't start in first 2 years considered a bust? Or starts but loses more than 7 games a year a fair measure of a bust?

3 years ago at OU he looked phenomenal, DCs figured him out. Absolute bust. Has too much chaos around him, if he’d show up shut up and play ball I’d say 50/50 on him bust wise due to his height

Reactions: cmags82huskers
il_fullxfull.4695578875_1h8s.jpg

• Haha
Depends on where he lands. If he’s immediately thrown to the wolves with little to no supporting cast to back him up then it’s likely that he will be.

I would say he doesn’t look all that good but the leagues talent level especially at the QB position has been going downhill. 🤷‍♂️ so who knows he could be decent.

The only thing that could hold him back are The Bears, but I think Poles has it figured out.

I don't think he will be a bust, but it really depends on how one defines what a bust is. On the plus side, he can create "off script" which the NFL loves and his ball placement and accuracy is fantastic. On the negative, he's immature or worse, he's a mental midget as we used to be allowed to say. He holds onto the ball too long, fumbles a lot and passes up the early open pass in order to play glory ball. I don't like him.

But all that said, he'll go #1 and wind up being somewhere between an early Houston years Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence. Is that a bust?

The people around him and the mindset of how he enters the league will go a long way on this question. If the money he has made from NiL and those around him making him the best player ever thinking are the voices he hears, he’ll bust for sure

I’m not sure what constitutes “bust”, so this question is unanswerable.

But this has been the most intriguing Bears offseason in recent memory.

And don’t forget they pick 9th as well. Rome Odunze, come on down!

I think he'll be like Kyler Murray

Immediate impact and elevates his team into playoff contention. Then there will be a string of weird injuries and odd behavior.

That said, I absolutely believe he's one of the best prospects in a long time. I will also plead ignorance to being wrong on QBs I thought would bust (Justin Herbert, CJ Stroud)

So much of what makes an NFL QB great is being able to anticipate another developmental growth spurt, and that's just an impossible science

I think he'll be like Kyler Murray

Immediate impact and elevates his team into playoff contention. Then there will be a string of weird injuries and odd behavior.

That said, I absolutely believe he's one of the best prospects in a long time. I will also plead ignorance to being wrong on QBs I thought would bust (Justin Herbert, CJ Stroud)

So much of what makes an NFL QB great is being able to anticipate another developmental growth spurt, and that's just an impossible science
That's a really good comparison. I feel like he will start hot, but just because he seems to be kind of immature/weird, it is going to end up biting him. Has the tools, just does he have it upstairs especially when the cash is really flowing. NFL is a different animal, especially in the locker room.

Are all the “attitude” comments based on that one clip - sans context, of course - of him crying with his mom in the stands?

Kid’s never had an off the field issue. 30 TD, 5 INT this year. Has been making millions for years and appears to have zero issue handling it.

This thread is getting pretty funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT