ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgate - First Trip to Lincoln

HuskRecruit

Apr 1, 2018
My buddy and I - both longtime Husker fans - have made the pilgrimage for the first time!

Any suggestions for tailgating the game on Saturday? Is there a tailgate that we can pay for which includes beer/food/etc?

Also, what bar should we go to after the win?!

GBR

Reactions: SOHusker11
http://blurparties.com/

You can check that out for a tailgate that includes everything...it is a fun time and a nice location.

If you are looking for bars I suggest Barry's and Sandy's. Then the Railyard area which you can google, they have a HUGE screen that will be playing the game.

Barry's will be beyond packed and is a college crowd but with older people too. Sandy's will be beyond packed pre-game and has more of an older crowd (try the Elk Creek)

Bars after the game? Railyard area again, Barry's, Embassy Suites before/after the game has a really big outdoor area that they turn into a bar.

There is no way to over-state how crowded the Haymarket area gets before and after the games. If you are driving, get there way early and stay way late - unless you don’t mind idling in traffic for an hour or two. Paying the Uber up charge is worth it, IMO.

Many of the bars and restaurants limit their menu on game days, so your favorite craft beer may not be available.

The vibe is beyond cool in the Haymarket area before, during, and after the game. But expect massive crowds. Don’t plan on getting a table and chillin’.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT