ADVERTISEMENT

Will Husker fans be willing to wait three years?

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
Trev gambled on a coach that never won a ranked game as a P5 coach. Everyone said that Rhule takes 3 years to rebuild.

Now, the reality is sinking in. Bowl eligibility looking like a distant dream. 3 wins could be all we see.

This is an offense that is just brutal. Forget about the turnovers, it's not sustaining drives against bad defenses. We made Colorado's seem like a juggernaut.

The sad part, the roster is overall improved and is suffering from a severe mistake in accepting Sims in the portal and neglecting the WR position. Those decisions by Rhule has had devastating consequences for the entire program and outlook.

The question is, how long will the Husker fans be patient?

Look at what Colorado is getting for $30M vs what we're paying Rhule. On top of what we're still paying previous coaches.

Trev is asking A LOT for us to just accept losing and wait for this miracle year 3 that may or may not happen.

*Edit for accuracy on ranked teams

Last edited:
Trev gambled on a coach that never won a ranked game. Everyone said that Rhule takes 3 years to rebuild.

Now, the reality is sinking in. Bowl eligibility looking like a distant dream. 3 wins could be all we see.

This is an offense that is just brutal. Forget about the turnovers, it's not sustaining drives against bad defenses. We made Colorado's seem like a juggernaut.

The sad part, the roster is overall improved and is suffering from a severe mistake in accepting Sims in the portal and neglecting the WR position. Those decisions by Rhule has had devastating consequences for the entire program and outlook.

Look at what Colorado is getting for $30M vs what we're paying Rhule. On top of what we're still paying previous coaches.

Trev is asking A LOT for us to just accept losing and wait for this miracle year 3 that may or may not happen.
STFU. Husker "fans" need to accept reality! Sorry to say but there are a LOT of ignorant so called fans.

Trev gambled on a coach that never won a ranked game. Everyone said that Rhule takes 3 years to rebuild.

We have accepted losing this entire millennium. Why would the next 3 years be any different?

Your first sentence is completely false, but anyway. I think it’s going to be tough for Nebraska fans to suffer through two more losing seasons without this thing turning ugly.

There is still good football to watch and I have hobbies so I will survive.

There's a lot of good stuff going on in the program but a lot of people have had it with the dumbassery. You cannot play grind it out, ball control AND commit stupid penalties while making turnovers that a high school team would be thoroughly embarrassed with. It just will not work.

Your first sentence is completely false, but anyway. I think it’s going to be tough for Nebraska fans to suffer through two more losing seasons without this thing turning ugly.
Yea. People forget Rhule beat #19 navy on the road when he was at temple in 2016 (the last of his 3 I believe ranked Ws)

Completely agree with second sentence, as well

Yea. People forget Rhule beat #19 navy on the road when he was at temple in 2016 (the last of his 3 I believe ranked Ws)

Completely agree with second sentence, as well

He also beat several teams that ended up ranked at Baylor, but if we didn’t want to call those ranked wins whatever. The first sentence is still false.

I understand that we are supposed to be patient, rebuilds take time, etc. But I’m just not sure we have it in us. Nebraska really needs a bowl this year and to be legit next year. In the worst way.

Reactions: king_kong_
You can cry , bitch , moan, scream but you as a fan are in for a rebuild the Rhule way .

He gets a pass against P5 teams this year, but by next year it's either working or it's not.

He may have profited off of playing B1G-lite football in the Big 12 at a time where Oklahoma was the only threat

At best he's Pelini 2.0 and stabilizes before James Franklin is inevitably poached by Texas A&M and he hops to his alma mater

Reactions: MargotDeeper
He missed with Sims. It's a shame because it sets the rebuild back. But he can fix that in the portal. Go get a decent qb and some wrs that can run.

There is no dam guarantee that Rhule is the right coach. There is no guarantee he will do it by year 3. He isn’t entitled to our money or our beautiful fall Saturday’s cause he’s unwilling to adjust. Once upon a time maybe us fans owed the program some time because he had given us so much in the past but those days are long gone. The program is on borrowed time now. My assumption is it’s going to get real ugly before it gets better. Rhule needs to listen to his wife when she told him to stop messing around and win right away here. He can start by cleaning house this off-season on offense and bringing in real coaches

Why should fans wait till year 3 when we just watched Colorado boat race us with a new head coach? Nebraska fans deserve better. We've continued to be patient for going on 20+ years. Turnovers, penalties, and poor execution are not acceptable and not winning football. I don't need 3 years to know that these basics should have been figured out in year 1.

Reactions: Chuck003
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT