ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if a lot of the CU hate I see here is because deep down they're worried their AD made a better choice?

I hope Sims turns it around but I'm also questioning not signing a h.s. qb last year. In order to sign a decent portal qb would mean cutting Sims loose. Qb cupboard looks so bare right now.
I haven’t been this depressed about NU football in forever. We have gone from the pinnacle of college football to its very bottom. We absolutely stink.

Big 12. Not the same. Not close.
Texas was 8-5 last year, hardly anything to get excited about with all that talent.
they’re amassing Championship-caliber talent. Them and A&M… mark my words they’ll be perennial contenders within the next few years. Because of Money. It’ll be hard to watch.

I got no problem with rooting against CU. What I found strange were the almost gleeful posts predicting a dumpster fire while blissfully ignoring that the real dumpster fire was Thursday night. Our team took a step backwards from how the team performed against Iowa and that is squarely on Rhule.

You forgot we lost Trey Palmers, the guy who got 170 yards that game and won it for us singlehandedly

I know that Colorado is a historical rival. I've never had a hate for them, although I think their fans are up there with Wisconsin and Missouri as some of the worst.

The Colorado AD had a dumpster fire on his hands with his football team. He made a choice to gamble a little bit.

However, his investment is a paltry $30M over 5 years. So if the gamble doesn't pay off its pretty easy to get out of. Already, the decision has brought a lot of national media attention and exposure to the program.

Compare this to the choice Alberts made. He's guaranteeing $74M for a coach that hasn't brought much national media attention or excitement to the program. Watching game 1, you could even argue that the team has taken a step back since how it finished the season against Iowa.

Regardless how the game against TCU ends up, it's hard to look at the athletes on the field and them going toe-to-toe with a ranked team and say, "good thing we don't have that here". Momentum breeds success.

How possible is it next week we lose against a coach with almost 2/5 the salary we are paying?

Remember, Sanders inherited a program in far worse shape than ours was. This was a Colorado team that got beat 49-7 by Minnesota. Yet, if they surpass Rhule in year 1 what does that say for Albert's decision? Are Husker fans willing to play "the long game" and wait for that "magical year 3" that may not even occur if we can't generate any excitement to recruit with?
It's too early to say Sanders will be a success at CU. He nuked the existing program to fill it with transfers that as of one game were impressive. Many coaches have commented on the way practices are run, etc. But in this day and age of portal musical chairs you can't count on loyalty if another program waves NIL money around.
I will also be the first to admit NU probably didn't give Sanders much of a look. Was that smart or stupid? Nobody knows right now. But I did see that CU had Jimmies and Joes that are difference makers. NU does not right now and will need to win by being smart and solid.

Dion brought with him experienced skill players. Coach Rhule is the man. He's going to get the best out of what we got until we can get better. He's building a foundation. You can see that. Everything he does is the way it should be done. Those that want to win right away well, you can include me as one of them. I'm just realistic. I believe we will get better and better. Day by day...
I guess the one thing I will say is Sanders had the courage to send most of the existing program players packing. That is pretty harsh but to win you often have to be willing to tell a mediocre 3-year player he doesn't cut it. NU has been the "nice guy" for so long that it's hard to even fathom that approach. But the saying holds true in the real world.

Reactions: FissionReaction
After listening to all these posts it is clear we Nebraska fans are delusional. Minnesota is not a good team this year. With the effort that the Nebraska defense provided the game should have been won well before the 4th quarter. I know that I regret not having a coach that can attract elite talent to the program. We had more talent than Minnesota yet we lost. We need come to the realization that the Nebraska Cornhuskers that we love do not know how to win.

Yes. Did we even interview coach Prime? Colorado will win next week. Our best play is the QB run and that will not last long. And yes this is the lowest I have ever seen Nebraska Football in my life. What have we been doing for the last 10 years?

After listening to all these posts it is clear we Nebraska fans are delusional. Minnesota is not a good team this year. With the effort that the Nebraska defense provided the game should have been won well before the 4th quarter. I know that I regret not having a coach that can attract elite talent to the program. We had more talent than Minnesota yet we lost. We need come to the realization that the Nebraska Cornhuskers that we love do not know how to win.
That comes from good coaching.

Reactions: FissionReaction
I'm not worried long-term. I'm not expecting a win next week if you want to use the transitive property to evaluate our chances.

Nebraska fans after 1 game:
Jumping Steve Coogan GIF by Baby Cow

It's game one. This is not a continuation of the previous staff of 5 years. This is game one. It's a total program rebuild. So, while you're seeing improvement from game to game, keep your eye on the future. See those future recruits plugging into this system. It's going to be okay.

I got no problem with rooting against CU. What I found strange were the almost gleeful posts predicting a dumpster fire while blissfully ignoring that the real dumpster fire was Thursday night. Our team took a step backwards from how the team performed against Iowa and that is squarely on Rhule.
I think Rhule is less upset by the loss to Minnesota than any of us fans. He's looking at this as a rebuild, not an immediate turn-around in any way, shape or form. If you don't view it that way yourself, you'll be very frustrated. IMO, this year's record is not that important to Rhule and his plan to revive this program.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I know that Colorado is a historical rival. I've never had a hate for them, although I think their fans are up there with Wisconsin and Missouri as some of the worst.

The Colorado AD had a dumpster fire on his hands with his football team. He made a choice to gamble a little bit.

However, his investment is a paltry $30M over 5 years. So if the gamble doesn't pay off its pretty easy to get out of. Already, the decision has brought a lot of national media attention and exposure to the program.

Compare this to the choice Alberts made. He's guaranteeing $74M for a coach that hasn't brought much national media attention or excitement to the program. Watching game 1, you could even argue that the team has taken a step back since how it finished the season against Iowa.

Regardless how the game against TCU ends up, it's hard to look at the athletes on the field and them going toe-to-toe with a ranked team and say, "good thing we don't have that here". Momentum breeds success.

How possible is it next week we lose against a coach with almost 2/5 the salary we are paying?

Remember, Sanders inherited a program in far worse shape than ours was. This was a Colorado team that got beat 49-7 by Minnesota. Yet, if they surpass Rhule in year 1 what does that say for Albert's decision? Are Husker fans willing to play "the long game" and wait for that "magical year 3" that may not even occur if we can't generate any excitement to recruit with?
🖕🏽

I think this board is going to be on fire after next weeks game.

I agree with the posts saying Prime was not the right coach for Nebraska, but this whole narrative that it takes so many years to build a successful program is nonsense.

All the heckling done by members on this board regarding CU recruiting and kids who were let go and all that are looking pretty silly right about now.

I watched his post game press conference, and there were people associated with CU saying the very same things.

He just shut those people up. Prime has been doing this for years. He creates a little controversy, gets naysayers, then destroys them. That is pretty much his history.

I don't like the guy, but he is not a loser, not by any stretch of the imagination. He has nothing but a winning mindset in everything he does. The players at CU are get a big dose of this every day.

Who's going to be better next week?

Their defense needs work, while ours is going to get tested. It might be a pretty good game, but I think it could easily get out of hand too.

40 messages in 10 years. Lol, thanks for stopping by.

It's game one. This is not a continuation of the previous staff of 5 years. This is game one. It's a total program rebuild. So, while you're seeing improvement from game to game, keep your eye on the future. See those future recruits plugging into this system. It's going to be okay.
I will say Colorado used the spring summer to prepare for TCU every minute they spent was on tcu so we’ll see come Saturday. I’m with bigboxes it’s going to take time after eight years of a dumpster fire. To many buy what the local sports media is saying about the talent like inflating it a little

Who knows. Both programs could end up doing well. But making any judgement after one season, let alone one game, is just silly. One thing I know for sure... I'm damn glad we didn't have Sanders come in and make the entire program about him. Watch all the cringe stuff plastered all over the media is painful. Rhule's approach has been fantastic and he's done a great job becoming one of us and embracing the past.

It appears we are trying to build long term success, while Colorado sold their soul for a quick hit of energy. I don't think you can make any judgement until after (3) seasons, which is a number I partially selected because that will be a full year after Sanders son is out of the program. You look at his coaching history and really wonder what he does when he can no longer coach his son.

Deion did a smart thing, hired proven coaches from wherever they were. Ours hired his buddies, just like last time.

Not saying it won’t work out but I had questions about the Satterfield and Raiola hires big time… still do.

Hopefully next year my worries will be gone.
Don't lump White with everyone else. White is legit and a riser. Satterfield is harder to judge. He's certainly experienced and being an OC in the SEC at least gives you experience against top level defenses. I'll withhold judgment on Satterfield for now.

One positive is that Minnesota is a physical program with developed line play. Should be easier to run the ball on most opponents not named Michigan.

Who knows. Both programs could end up doing well. But making any judgement after one season, let alone one game, is just silly. One thing I know for sure... I'm damn glad we didn't have Sanders come in and make the entire program about him. Watch all the cringe stuff plastered all over the media is painful. Rhule's approach has been fantastic and he's done a great job becoming one of us and embracing the past.

It appears we are trying to build long term success, while Colorado sold their soul for a quick hit of energy. I don't think you can make any judgement until after (3) seasons, which is a number I partially selected because that will be a full year after Sanders son is out of the program. You look at his coaching history and really wonder what he does when he can no longer coach his son.
I have no reply to your comment just wanted to mention that it is practically inevitable that someone responding to one of your posts here will tell you to “take a hike” and it is unlikely you’ll feel the least bit insulted.

Reactions: HikingHusker
Thinking out loud here, have we had a coordinator with the experience of Satterfield in the last 20 years? Not looking back in hindsight, but looking at the actual resume when hired. 3 years as OC at Temple, 2 years as a HC at an FCS school, and 2 years as OC at an SEC school.

All solid points. Unfortunately, we (UNL) whiffed again with the choices available on spending big money on a head coach.

Nebraska ranks #2 in the country in “dead money”, i.e. money spent to buy out college coaches that fail to perform.

We chose to waste 7 million dollars with firing Frost 2 weeks earlier than the contract called for, now we blow 74 million on a guy that hasn’t beat a ranked team, and will get waxed on national TV next weekend.

We’re in a bad spot, very little play making, and over leveraged on a coaching hire. What if we win 4 games again this year? What did we gain?

Look at Coach Prime’s opening act. We’re light years away again.

Last edited:
All solid points. Unfortunately, we (UNL) whiffed again with the choices available on spending big money on a head coach.

Nebraska ranks #2 in the country in “dead money”, i.e. money spent to buy our college coaches that fail to perform.

We chose to waste 7 million dollars with firing Frost 2 weeks earlier than the contract called for, now we blow 74 million on a guy that hasn’t beat a ranked team, and will get waxed on national TV next weekend.

We’re in a bad spot, very little play making, and over leveraged on a coaching hire. What if we win 4 games again this year? What did we gain?

Just stop first post troll...

Don't lump White with everyone else. White is legit and a riser. Satterfield is harder to judge. He's certainly experienced and being an OC in the SEC at least gives you experience against top level defenses. I'll withhold judgment on Satterfield for now.

One positive is that Minnesota is a physical program with developed line play. Should be easier to run the ball on most opponents not named Michigan.
Definitely not, White was my favorite hire.

I did like Wager too because of the inroads to Texas but didn’t realize he was a drunk…

Reactions: shocksker

Nebraska ranks #2 in the country in “dead money”, i.e. money spent to buy out college coaches that fail to perform.

Troll alert 🚨 troll alert 🚨

I'll help you.

Next time come up with a username that's kinda related to Nebraska football. It should have something like "Husker" or "Corn" or summin like that. Coach Buck makes me think of the John Candy movie.

Do better.

EDIT: Also, drop the UNL. We refer to it as NU.

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed by the Frost-like game management but damn it's one freaking game.
If we nut up, gameplan around our strengths on O and play inspired defense we could win.
MASSIVE fail for Satterfield, Sims and the Oline but all is not lost if we get our shit together

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT