ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if a lot of the CU hate I see here is because deep down they're worried their AD made a better choice?

Nailed it with this one. And that is the reason the program is currently in the state that it is. Nothing more needs to be said. Winning games is the bottom line. The morality play is over. Now if we could just get the old backwood-living in the 90's hicks, to agree...And they won't.
Apparently the fans forgot about some of the players we had during those championship runs like Lawrence Phillips, the Peters brothers and so on. Osborne was not averse to playing some guys with questionable character. Now we act like the program was always above reproach and that we couldn't even entertain having a coach like Deion Sanders.

Doesn't mean the poster doesn't have a valid point.
Yes it does mean that. Trolling is not meant to be right. It's looking for a reaction. There's different kinds of trolls and they look for different kinds of reaction. I mean, tell me the internet is not new to you. It's not.

Apparently the fans forgot about some of the players we had during those championship runs like Lawrence Phillips, the Peters brothers and so on. Osborne was not averse to playing some guys with questionable character. Now we act like the program was always above reproach and that we couldn't even entertain having a coach like Deion Sanders.
Me not wanting Deion as NU's coach has nothing to do with morals. I don't like fake people and I don't like annoying people. Deion is both.

If Deion went about his business like David Shaw, it might take a decade to turn around a moribund program such as Colorado. His antics draw the cameras and attention. Some kids want to be part of the spotlight.

So far, it is working according to plan.

Reactions: Maxout30
I haven’t been this depressed about NU football in forever. We have gone from the pinnacle of college football to its very bottom. We absolutely stink.

We need a 100% change of the offensive coaching staff. They are being paid massive amounts of money and we are as bad an offense as I can remember.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
my god people can you at least give the staff a chance, 2 games in and we want everybody fired, that is the problem, you couch potato coaches seem to know more then the actual coaches, give me a ****ing break. any of you who are bitching and want people fired after 2 games is a joke. we don't live in the 90's anymore.

Reactions: SkerInCo
The VAST majority of the rest of the country disagrees.

Based on what? Because they are talking about him on sportscenter or because he’s popular?

Kim Kardasian is popular, does that mean people don’t think she’s fake or that she wasn’t anointed?

It’s not even debatable that he is fake. From the dumbass cowboy hat, to calling players luggage, to “it’s personal”, he’s as fake as a person can be.

He’s also 100% anointed. The guy has coached exactly two P5 games and is being touted as a great coach. That is basically the definition

I think the VAST majority of people can see those things are true, even if they enjoy watching him

Reactions: bigboxes
Based on what? Because they are talking about him on sportscenter or because he’s popular?

Kim Kardasian is popular, does that mean people don’t think she’s fake or that she wasn’t anointed?

It’s not even debatable that he is fake. From the dumbass cowboy hat, to calling players luggage, to “it’s personal”, he’s as fake as a person can be.

He’s also 100% anointed. The guy has coached exactly two P5 games and is being touted as a great coach. That is basically the definition

I think the VAST majority of people can see those things are true, even if they enjoy watching him
Let's call the pretentious douchebag, Coach Sanders. Anything else is stupid.

Reactions: headcard
Elaborate on what you mean by “selling your soul”. Colorado hired him to recruit talent and win football games. So far in week 1 he went on the road and beat the #17 team in the nation that just so happened to be in the National title game last year. The morality arrogance from Husker Fans on how things “should be done” drives me up a wall. However, I’m glad you’re still holding out hope because it could get ugly quickly on Saturday.
Everything to do with CU now involves adding Prime to the term. This is no longer about the Buffs, it's all about Prime and whoever visit him. He beat number 17 because number 17 was riding the wave from last season but lost all the playmakers that put them at 17. If TCU was the #17 team then we were number sixteen because we controlled then till our O gassed the defense into mistakes.

Trev didn’t think our fan base could handle someone like Deion. IMHO that says more about our fam base than anything else…

Know also for a fact that ONE of the reasons that ‘this was personal’ was because he never got a call from us, and he was waitin’ for one.

Yeah, in retrospect, am guessing a LOT of us are wishing for some role reversal rn…

Urban himself said their practice was one of the most impressive he’d ever attended. Speaks Volumes.

We also made the wrong decision promoting Solich over hiring Meyer, don’t y’all think?

Hindsight 20/20…

You guys honestly think Deion is going to stick around CU. If he has a good year or 2 he's bouncing to a big name school in the south. When he leaves he's taking half his roster at CU, and CU will go back to being irrelevant. At the same time Rhule will have us playing at a much higher level, set up for long term success.

You guys honestly think Deion is going to stick around CU. If he has a good year or 2 he's bouncing to a big name school in the south. When he leaves he's taking half his roster at CU, and CU will go back to being irrelevant. At the same time Rhule will have us playing at a much higher level, set up for long term success.
He’ll see his kids through. Deion’s already turned them around. CU fans are happy. Spending a lot of money on improving talent.

Rhule has always bounced out after success. No guarantee he stays past any degree of improvement, but can tell ya he sure as f*ck won’t last long if it doesn’t happen fast.

BOY OH BOY how the tone has changed in here in just 11 days!

Trev didn’t think our fan base could handle someone like Deion. IMHO that says more about our fam base than anything else…

Know also for a fact that ONE of the reasons that ‘this was personal’ was because he never got a call from us, and he was waitin’ for one.

Yeah, in retrospect, am guessing a LOT of us are wishing for some role reversal rn…

Urban himself said their practice was one of the most impressive he’d ever attended. Speaks Volumes.

We also made the wrong decision promoting Solich over hiring Meyer, don’t y’all think?

Hindsight 20/20…
Meyer was a wide receiver coach at Notre Dame when Frank took over Nebraska, he wasn't even considered. He then became the HC at Utah in 2003. He may have taken the job if offered, but he just left Bowling Green to take the Utah spot.

Reactions: cavalot

Yes, I would take another program wanting to poach our coach in a couple years and the guaranteed success that meant over the hope for the latter. Plus, what's to say if he were at NU, we'd let him leave? And what's to say Rhule doesn't leave if he has success? Lot's of ifs in your scenario. I'd take the 2-0 right now and everything that's coming along with it and and the high probability of more to come all day long and wouldn't even have to think about it. Not sure how anyone being rational wouldn't.

Will Prime stay at Colorado longer than 2 years? I would guess no. I think that was the most important factor.

My only questions right now are what do we want the offense to look like? We took turnover Sims who is a run first QB then recruited Kaelin who is pocket passer and cannot run. I was under the impression that we would see FBs and tight ends in the backfield on most sets. We are putting the ball into our QBs hands too much like previous QBs we've had. You don't do that unless you have an elite QB imo.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
my god people can you at least give the staff a chance, 2 games in and we want everybody fired, that is the problem, you couch potato coaches seem to know more then the actual coaches, give me a ****ing break. any of you who are bitching and want people fired after 2 games is a joke. we don't live in the 90's anymore.

Satterfield sucks. Sucked at his previous job.

I know that Colorado is a historical rival. I've never had a hate for them, although I think their fans are up there with Wisconsin and Missouri as some of the worst.

The Colorado AD had a dumpster fire on his hands with his football team. He made a choice to gamble a little bit.

However, his investment is a paltry $30M over 5 years. So if the gamble doesn't pay off its pretty easy to get out of. Already, the decision has brought a lot of national media attention and exposure to the program.

Compare this to the choice Alberts made. He's guaranteeing $74M for a coach that hasn't brought much national media attention or excitement to the program. Watching game 1, you could even argue that the team has taken a step back since how it finished the season against Iowa.

Regardless how the game against TCU ends up, it's hard to look at the athletes on the field and them going toe-to-toe with a ranked team and say, "good thing we don't have that here". Momentum breeds success.

How possible is it next week we lose against a coach with almost 2/5 the salary we are paying?

Remember, Sanders inherited a program in far worse shape than ours was. This was a Colorado team that got beat 49-7 by Minnesota. Yet, if they surpass Rhule in year 1 what does that say for Albert's decision? Are Husker fans willing to play "the long game" and wait for that "magical year 3" that may not even occur if we can't generate any excitement to recruit with?
Idiotic take. Deion is there for 2 years, then he's gone and taking all the talent he acquired with him. Colorado will then be a dumpster fire unless they make another good hire. I'm cool with the long run with Rhule.

I would take Dickert, DeBoer, Leipold, and Klieman over Deion any day.

Rhule was the safest "bring back some stability and start winning the easy games again by year 4" hire.

Neither Deion nor Rhule would ever win the Big 10 at Nebraska.

I would take Dickert, DeBoer, Leipold, and Klieman over Deion any day.

Rhule was the safest "bring back some stability and start winning the easy games again by year 4" hire.

Neither Deion nor Rhule would ever win the Big 10 at Nebraska.
Im not sure anyone will ever win the Big 10 at Nebraska. We are done! We can be competitive once again but we will NEVER be what we once were in the Big8/12. This conference is a Juggernaut now.

Im not sure anyone will ever win the Big 10 at Nebraska. We are done! We can be competitive once again but we will NEVER be what we once were in the Big8/12. This conference is a Juggernaut now.
Klieman won the b12 with a roster of 2&3 stars.

no reason we can't be as good as michigan

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Everything to do with CU now involves adding Prime to the term. This is no longer about the Buffs, it's all about Prime and whoever visit him. He beat number 17 because number 17 was riding the wave from last season but lost all the playmakers that put them at 17. If TCU was the #17 team then we were number sixteen because we controlled then till our O gassed the defense into mistakes.
Actually TCU brought back 8 starters on defense yet they gave up 45 points. Of course they also gave ups ton to Georgia in the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT