ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if a lot of the CU hate I see here is because deep down they're worried their AD made a better choice?

Some people are acting like its bad for colorado to win their first game. Seriously the takes here are strange.

We sucked this week and colorado looked great. Colorado was absolutely worse than we were last year and both programs have first year coaches. Colorado beat a team that was in the playoff last year while we lost to a middling big ten west team in disappointing ways. These are facts.

Theres only one thig to do to change those facts….go beat Colorado next week. Can it be done? Certainly. You just never know…maybe tcu sucks? but the facts are the facts they won we lost and no amount of “yeah but how long will prime even be there” changes that.

I think there is a reason for that. We're fed up with what keeps happening every year and beating ourselves for 10 years and hanging our hat on QB's that aren't P5 quarterbacks.

Exactly. People around here act like we have no investment. It's our program more than Rhules or anybody else's. Why wouldn't we be pissed that the people hired to safeguard it have absolutely neglected that duty for at least a decade, perhaps criminally so.

I think Rhule is less upset by the loss to Minnesota than any of us fans. He's looking at this as a rebuild, not an immediate turn-around in any way, shape or form. If you don't view it that way yourself, you'll be very frustrated. IMO, this year's record is not that important to Rhule and his plan to revive this program.
I'd be less upset if I made $9MM a year and even if I fail and lose every game, I would get another paycheck in addition to my last one that would put my net worth in the $80MM range as a 48 year old.

Reactions: Maxout30
I a
I think Sanders was a good hire. For Colorado but not for us. Rhule is a good coach. I think we will be okay in a year or two. He made some horrific coaching decisions in the fourth quarter against Minnesota. But he will rebound.
I agree. Sanders was a good hire elsewhere. Many of his antics etc would not be tolerated here. He needs to be somewhere that he can have free reign. That's not many programs. We made the right hire for us.

If Deon was the Husker coach, I'd quit watching Husker football. His bravado makes me want to puke.

I doubt that. As long as coaches are winning at an acceptable clip, fans tend to forgive all kinds of obnoxious/eccentric behavior by their coaches. Note how many programs had fans who wanted Urban Meyer last December.

I doubt that. As long as coaches are winning at an acceptable clip, fans tend to forgive all kinds of obnoxious/eccentric behavior by their coaches. Note how many programs had fans who wanted Urban Meyer last December.
and how your team honored harbaugh after being caught cheating as if he'd tragically passed today - exclusively streaming on peacock

In times like these, I would gather my assistants and we’d do what I called the SW chart. I’d draw two lines on the chalkboard and we would write every strength and weakness on the board. We didn’t have social media and all that crap, this was good ole fashioned coaching. We worked our tails off to get the kids ready and eliminate our problems. Here’s what goes on our chalk board, now gall darnit, fix it:

Strengths
1- Def is better up front
2- RB Ervin can play. I would get him 30 carries
3- kicking looked better, special teams covered well. Good hustle.

Weaknesses:
1- we have a QB problem. Get the kids in the bullpen ready to play.
2- oline is soft, I would be working them on the sleds until we dropped.
3- Substitution coaching is lacking. Play your best gosh darn back and let him get in a groove.
4- WR lack playmaking. Time to work on blocking down field and be the best darn blocking receivers in the country
5- get tough darn it!

Some people are acting like its bad for colorado to win their first game. Seriously the takes here are strange.

We sucked this week and colorado looked great. Colorado was absolutely worse than we were last year and both programs have first year coaches. Colorado beat a team that was in the playoff last year while we lost to a middling big ten west team in disappointing ways. These are facts.

Theres only one thig to do to change those facts….go beat Colorado next week. Can it be done? Certainly. You just never know…maybe tcu sucks? but the facts are the facts they won we lost and no amount of “yeah but how long will prime even be there” changes that.

You mean you're surprised that a bunch of dug in at all costs Deion Sanders haters aren't all coming out of the woodwork to admit they might have been wrong and eat crow?

In times like these, I would gather my assistants and we’d do what I called the SW chart. I’d draw two lines on the chalkboard and we would write every strength and weakness on the board. We didn’t have social media and all that crap, this was good ole fashioned coaching. We worked our tails off to get the kids ready and eliminate our problems. Here’s what goes on our chalk board, now gall darnit, fix it:

Strengths
1- Def is better up front
2- RB Ervin can play. I would get him 30 carries
3- kicking looked better, special teams covered well. Good hustle.

Weaknesses:
1- we have a QB problem. Get the kids in the bullpen ready to play.
2- oline is soft, I would be working them on the sleds until we dropped.
3- Substitution coaching is lacking. Play your best gosh darn back and let him get in a groove.
4- WR lack playmaking. Time to work on blocking down field and be the best darn blocking receivers in the country
5- get tough darn it!
We do this in the corporate world. SWOT analysis. Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.

Yes. Did we even interview coach Prime? Colorado will win next week. Our best play is the QB run and that will not last long. And yes this is the lowest I have ever seen Nebraska Football in my life. What have we been doing for the last 10 years?
Worrying about what the fans think. See the results.

Rhule has never recruited elite talent. He’s been successful a couple times in Not the Big 10 or SEC. I’m sorry, but his Baylor and Temple teams wouldn’t have been successful at this level. The ‘develop some 3-star talent’ formula is gonna fail here, epically.

Money Buys Talent. NU’ NIL initiative needs to achieve A LOT more. Exponentially more. Standard deviations more. This is all Math, at the end of the day.
Big 12>>>>Big 10

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I think Rhule is less upset by the loss to Minnesota than any of us fans. He's looking at this as a rebuild, not an immediate turn-around in any way, shape or form. If you don't view it that way yourself, you'll be very frustrated. IMO, this year's record is not that important to Rhule and his plan to revive this program.
Well it should be. Hard to recruit when you’re a 2-4 win team.

Great opportunity for the Huskers this week. CU will likely be ranked.

I'm not on the Urban train either but he's at tolerable.

Reactions: FissionReaction
No when it requires selling your soul and adding Prime before everything in the state. That's what the state of Colorado has done. I'll wait till we beat them next week.
Elaborate on what you mean by “selling your soul”. Colorado hired him to recruit talent and win football games. So far in week 1 he went on the road and beat the #17 team in the nation that just so happened to be in the National title game last year. The morality arrogance from Husker Fans on how things “should be done” drives me up a wall. However, I’m glad you’re still holding out hope because it could get ugly quickly on Saturday.

Prime wasn't the best choice. However, there are many others that would have been. And if it was Prime? Who cares? It would have been a big kick in the ass for this "safe" program that would have been greatly needed.

Elaborate on what you mean by “selling your soul”. Colorado hired him to recruit talent and win football games. So far in week 1 he went on the road and beat the #17 team in the nation that just so happened to be in the National title game last year. The morality arrogance from Husker Fans on how things “should be done” drives me up a wall. However, I’m glad you’re still holding out hope because it could get ugly quickly on Saturday.
Nailed it with this one. And that is the reason the program is currently in the state that it is. Nothing more needs to be said. Winning games is the bottom line. The morality play is over. Now if we could just get the old backwood-living in the 90's hicks, to agree...And they won't.

Last edited:
Yeah every time I read the "We do it the right way" or "those guys don't reflect the Nebraska Way" I get angry. That attitude of this or that coach (Sanders, Meyer, Freeze, etc) not being good enough for Nebraska while we lose makes me question my support. The "Nebraska guys" have often been shitty coaches and often have more character issues than they admit and more than those coaches. And NU in it's glory years had some star athletes that weren't exactly the pinnacle of saintliness either.
I honestly think part of our current situation is a result of the civil war that erupted in the program over firing Solich. He wasn't getting good recruits and his staff hires were subpar. Callahan was the best recruiter we ever had but he was "not part of the tradition". That nastiness and insistence that we hire only guys that have a "blessing" has resulted in a line of garbage and a subpar program.
We're at a point now where we figure out what is wrong ( primarily a talent deficit and poor player development) and fix it. Rhule didn't inherit a winning program so it's harder to turn it around. You look at many of the 4 year starters and many have barely improved in that time and would not start at most P5 schools.
I still have hope that Rhule will build a solid program. The QB room is frustrating to me and I feel we needed more transfers. Sims looked worse than HS level throwing the ball. I want competition at every position every week and zero promises or favoritism.

No when it requires selling your soul and adding Prime before everything in the state. That's what the state of Colorado has done. I'll wait till we beat them next week.

Win or lose, how would hiring Deion Sanders have been selling our soul?

I'm so sick of hearing "Prime" this and "Prime" that. Can't we just call him coach Sanders or something? Lol. People need to put the brakes on this Colorado hype train. Let's just see how the season unfolds. TCU may very well suck this year.

I think both ADs made the best possible hire for for their schools.

I'm so sick of hearing "Prime" this and "Prime" that. Can't we just call him coach Sanders or something? Lol. People need to put the brakes on this Colorado hype train. Let's just see how the season unfolds. TCU may very well suck this year.
This is America, you can call him anything you want.

40 messages in 10 years. Lol, thanks for stopping by.
You think somehow because you post a lot makes you an expert. SMH. That's the problem in a nutshell. Everyone was an expert last week on how Colorado was going to get crushed and yet that narrative was flipped completely on its head. Typical Nebraska discounting what is said because you are living pie in the sky dreams that this recently fired head coach, Matt Rhule is going to magically restore us to the glory days of competing for titles year after year. You can't win if you don't have a winning mindset. What reason was there to get hyped for Matt Rhule. Let me know what championships he has won where he was the guy in charge or a large part of? Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT