ADVERTISEMENT

Sparty comes into the Vault as 3.5 favorite

Easy to forget sometimes how underwhelming NU’s talent level is, because they’ve been playing so hard and smart. But they have no margin for error, like going 7 minutes without a FG.
I hope with our pathetic excuse for an NIL collective AIM merging into 1890 that can improve the talent level. We missed out on 3 guys this past offseason due to NIL. That needs to change or we'll continue to be a fun story while we battle to get an NIT bid.

Reactions: king_kong_
F'ing Izzo literally on the court pulling on his player during the game. Refs dgaf. Players talking back to refs on one of the only calls to go our way, refs cool with it. F izzo and his old lady hair and f those spineless refs. Msu basically running fullback traps all day and never getting called. Such bs.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No NIL for foreign born players on a student visa. I believe they could get creative and figure something out in Japan but that's it
again I ask - who's enforcing this?

literally who cares

ncaa can shove it - they have no power & even if they sanction us it's worth it

not like a tourney ban is any kind of threat

LOL. Has nothing to do with NCAA. Federal law prohibits those in the country on a student visa from getting paid, which includes NIL. We could pay him, but the he would get deported. Of course, if we enforce that like other immigration laws he has nothing to worry about. 🤫

literally who cares

LOL. Has nothing to do with NCAA. Federal law prohibits those in the country on a student visa from getting paid, which includes NIL. We could pay him, but the he would get deported. Of course, if we enforce that like other immigration laws he has nothing to worry about. 🤫
all the more reason

gov't & ncaa can shove it

good for nothing leeches

literally who cares

Does this include everyone on a student visa? Regular student going to college can’t work a side job?

I have never gone and read the law and regs for student visas, so I don't know if it means can't work at all, but I think that is pretty much the case - at least for the class of visa used to get student athletes into the country. They might be able to work for the school perhaps, but even if that is the case NIL is not a school job -- and of course NCAA rules wouldn't allow the school to pay them for doing "work" at the school.

Does this include everyone on a student visa? Regular student going to college can’t work a side job?
I could be wrong but I feel like the graduate program my wife worked for had foreign students working as research assistants, etc all the time. Maybe that's different because it's from the school but they were definitely paid.

I could be wrong but I feel like the graduate program my wife worked for had foreign students working as research assistants, etc all the time. Maybe that's different because it's from the school but they were definitely paid.
The entire food science lab is staffed by Chinese foreign exchange students

We are paying them to learn how to defeat us

We should pay Tominaga whatever he wants, consequences be damned

Reactions: mgbreis
I know Miami got some sort of slap FOR NIL and the Cavinder twins. That's the only NIL related penalty I can think of and if they are penalizing women's basketball that's just a show they could but really they won't do anything for the major sports because in reality NIL has been a thing for ages it's just "legal" now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT