ADVERTISEMENT

Sparty comes into the Vault as 3.5 favorite

WHCSC.

Check 2013/2014 season and Nebraska won 5 straight when they last went to the NCAA tournament..
From February 8th to February 23.

Beat NW, Illinois, Michigan St, Penn St and Purdue..

2017-2018 . 6 in a row
  • Rutgers University Logo

Jan 24 (Wed) 6:00 PM

at
    Rutgers
    Piscataway, N.J.

W, 60-54Hide/Show Additional Information For Rutgers - January 24, 2018
  • Coaches vs. Cancer Night
  • University of Wisconsin Logo

Jan 29 (Mon) 8:00 PM

at
    Wisconsin
    Madison, Wis.

W, 74-63Hide/Show Additional Information For Wisconsin - January 29, 2018
  • University of Minnesota Logo

Feb 6 (Tue) 8:00 PM

at
    Minnesota
    Minneapolis, Minn.

W, 91-85Hide/Show Additional Information For Minnesota - February 6, 2018
  • Legends Weekend
  • University of Maryland Logo

Feb 13 (Tue) 6:00 PM

vs
    Maryland
    Pinnacle Bank Arena

W, 70-66

Msu is tough matchup for us, but glad it’s at home. Should be a good game.

It is probably a decent matchup for NU but will all depend on how much physical play they allow the MSU big guys to do in comparison to what they allow NU big guys to do. If Izzo gets to go all Psycho Fran and the physicality gets lopsided it will definitely favor the Spartans. History would say there is no home court advantage for NU against the likes of MSU, Purdue, and Indiana because we will never be a blue blood BB program (even if/when we make the NCAAs this year and win the national championship).

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Good find.. Would have never guessed that..

That was the year losing to Kansas costs Nebraska the NCAA bid …NCAA also snubbed us with 13-5 conference record..
Honestly, I don’t even think beating Kansas gets that husker team in the dance. A single win wouldn’t move you from a 5 seed in the nit to the ncaa tournament. They only had a single quad 1 win that year, against Michigan. Still crazy to think a 22 win big ten team didn’t make the tourney, let alone get a favorable seed in the tourney.

Reactions: nudan92
Honestly, I don’t even think beating Kansas gets that husker team in the dance. A single win wouldn’t move you from a 5 seed in the nit to the ncaa tournament. They only had a single quad 1 win that year, against Michigan. Still crazy to think a 22 win big ten team didn’t make the tourney, let alone get a favorable seed in the tourney.
I think the committee even mentioned it was due to no Quad 1 wins. Going off memory here, but that might've been the first year of it. I may be wrong, but I think we were all complaining that we had Q1 wins, but when we beat the teams, they fell down to Q2.

Idk --- Could easily be wrong, but we're in if we beat KU that year. We would've been 23-10. KU was a (1) seed in the tournament that year.

Reactions: scarletred
It is probably a decent matchup for NU but will all depend on how much physical play they allow the MSU big guys to do in comparison to what they allow NU big guys to do. If Izzo gets to go all Psycho Fran and the physicality gets lopsided it will definitely favor the Spartans. History would say there is no home court advantage for NU against the likes of MSU, Purdue, and Indiana because we will never be a blue blood BB program (even if/when we make the NCAAs this year and win the national championship).
Um yeah. Fred ain’t gettin the calls Izzo gets

I think the committee even mentioned it was due to no Quad 1 wins. Going off memory here, but that might've been the first year of it. I may be wrong, but I think we were all complaining that we had Q1 wins, but when we beat the teams, they felldown to Q2.

Idk --- Could easily be wrong, but we're in if we beat KU that year. We would've been 23-10. KU was a (1) seed in the tournament that year.
First time a B1G team finishes 13-5 and 4th place finish gets left out of the NCAA tournament that I had ever seen...

Reactions: Jesseblackshirts43
First time a B1G team finishes 13-5 and 4th place finish gets left out of the NCAA tournament that I had ever seen...

The B1G was terrible that year, I think it was the 5th or 6th best conference that year. Only 4 of our 22 wins came against Top 100 teams, with Michigan at home being the only good team we beat.

St Mary's (28-5) and USC (23-11) deserved to be in that year more than us, and both of them got snubbed too.

I was hoping they held Keita out Saturday so he’d be able to go tonight, but the fact he was in a boot - probably not. I hope a couple guys go off from 3.

2017-2018 . 6 in a row
Interesting that Nebraska beat Wisconsin in Madison. I think the last time Indiana won in Madison was 1998. Crazy stat.

I thought tominaga was a junior. Do we get him back next year?

Probably not.

Fred is going to have to find at least 4 studs in the transfer portal, because we will be losing our 4 best players, and we only signed one high school recruit who is a 3-star. Next year could be Hoiberg's worst team yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT