ADVERTISEMENT

Pointless meltdown

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Michigan played like a team that can win the whole damn thing. NU played like a team that wasn’t going to punch above its weight today. NU could be 3-2 but are 2-3. I hope the kids just take a mulligan mentally as far as this game is concerned and focus on a very winnable game Friday. There were a few bright spots, but it was pretty much a manhandling by a more talented disciplined team.
The overreaction to a team losing to a 2X CFP team after only winning 7 games in the last two years is something. Just focus on playing sound football next week and go 1-0. There are a lot of mediocre teams on the schedule. Beat them.

Michigan played like a team that can win the whole damn thing. NU played like a team that wasn’t going to punch above its weight today. NU could be 3-2 but are 2-3. I hope the kids just take a mulligan mentally as far as this game is concerned and focus on a very winnable game Friday. There were a few bright spots, but it was pretty much a manhandling by a more talented disciplined team.
The overreaction to a team losing to a 2X CFP team after only winning 7 games in the last two years is something. Just focus on playing sound football next week and go 1-0. There are a lot of mediocre teams on the schedule. Beat them.
Fans are sick of losing. I'm glad you can focus on the big picture but can you really blame people for having a short fuse as we're working on year 7 of being terrible? I honestly don't have much left but hopelessness and apathy. It really feels like the futility will never end. I guess I'm not in the "overreaction" group because I don't really have any reaction at all. Beating a mediocre team will be a tall task for this group.

I could see having a short fuse for CO and MN due to turnovers especially.

But this one - I agree 100% with OP. We have a unique opportunity to start pulling things together if the team can keep their heads up.

Like it or not this one was slated by EVERYONE as a loss prior to the season and a few folks are melting down after it actually happens.

Anxious to see the big red for the rest of the year!

Fans are sick of losing. I'm glad you can focus on the big picture but can you really blame people for having a short fuse as we're working on year 7 of being terrible? I honestly don't have much left but hopelessness and apathy. It really feels like the futility will never end. I guess I'm not in the "overreaction" group because I don't really have any reaction at all. Beating a mediocre team will be a tall task for this group.
Given that losing has been the status quo for many a moon, I’m going to hope for better days and support the kids. Today NU played the 2nd ranked team with a backup QB and one of their top 3 backs. Michigan is going to make nearly every D on their schedule look bad.
The kids have to erase this game from there mind and focus on Illinois.

Perfect take. If you thought this would be competitive you were blind. The rest of this season will be a battle in every game to win 4 more.
Today NU played a much better, very disciplined team. The rest of the season is focus on every series, every down. Play sound football.

Reactions: dpnavy and Baxter48
Rhule hasn't been coaching here for 7 years. So while people might have a short fuse. Chill. Be pissed next year plus if we still look like this against a really good team.

So frustrated with these takes but I get it. Michigan is very good but once again we made a team look better than they are. That was a sparring session and we we just wanted the quick cash. There is NO change in results between staffs, just a different version of blabbing.

Great perspective, but I didn't sense any overreacting or melting down. I see it as fans not being okay with what happened today to fans who just want to make excuses. By the way, you are aware we have a history of making mediocre teams look like they're All Americans. :)

Reactions: cavalot
Great perspective, but I didn't sense any overreacting or melting down. I see it as fans not being okay with what happened today to fans who just want to make excuses. By the way, you are aware we have a history of making mediocre teams look like they're All Americans. :)
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: huskercabby
I fully expected to lose this game. Michigan is damn good.

I had hoped, though, that our D might keep it somewhat respectable and our offense might score more than 7. We were honestly lucky to get that 7 to avoid the shutout.

I'm not pissed. Which is kind of sad in a way. But I've gotten desensitized to getting boat raced by superior teams.

Reactions: huskercabby
They did a pretty good job the previous 2 games.
Husker Husaria, I thought you would like reading this since you're so proud of our two victories this year.
Wins the last 6+ seasons.

Ready! 25-48

Arkansas State , Illinois (3), Rutgers,(3) Purdue (2), Bethune-Cookman, Minnesota, Michigan State, South Alabama, Northern Illinois(2,) Northwestern(2), Maryland, Penn State, Fordham, Buffalo, North Dakota, Indiana, Iowa, and Louisiana Tech

Just pathetic!

Husker Husaria, I thought you would like reading this since you're so proud of our two victories this year.
Wins the last 6+ seasons.

Ready! 25-48

Arkansas State , Illinois (3), Rutgers,(3) Purdue (2), Bethune-Cookman, Minnesota, Michigan State, South Alabama, Northern Illinois(2,) Northwestern(2), Maryland, Penn State, Fordham, Buffalo, North Dakota, Indiana, Iowa, and Louisiana Tech

Just pathetic!
You're doing a lot of mental gymnastics here. Putting words in peoples' mouths.

AFAIK, I'm chatting with ChatGPT, based on the verbiage.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Our sell out streak is still alive

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Michigan doesn't have any weaknesses, this Husker team needs to latch onto a weakness or two from the opponent to win. The only teams that can expose Michigan are more talented teams, or if Michigan lays an egg. Huskers got embarrassed.

Talent needs to be acquired and developed. Rhule saw what an elite team looks like in 2023 and can adjust from there.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We got embarrassed again, fans keep showing up, people keep cheering. At some point the players and the coaches have to make Memorial Stadium matter again!

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
Agreed. At the same time, I was at the Georgia Southern game last year. I know, that was Frost's team. But good lord...

I suppose if you're a fan of huge crowds and lines, going to a Nebraska game these days might be entertaining. It has become much less fun for me. Almost insulting to spend the $ to watch what I routinely watch.

I also am biased/jaded, seeing as I was a UNL freshman in 1997. 👀

"Talent needs to be acquired and developed. Rhule saw what an elite team looks like in 2023 and can adjust from there."

If it becomes mathmatecially impossible for us to achieve 6 wins before the Iowa game, and miss out once again on two weeks of extra practice, I'm hoping we see youngsters get the majority of playing time at that point. We need to develop what we currently have for next year.

Reactions: BleedRed78

There should be a Purdy should start option. I mean in his one play on Saturday, we did score. 😂😂😂😂 But in all seriousness, with the injuries in the backfield they should try and find a way to get both HH and JS on the field. I think that is what they will do, not sure we will see it this weekend though.

Just awful

Losing to Michigan is expected, getting blasted like that shouldn't have happened. Michigan had their best game of the year against us. We lose 24-7 and I'm fine with it, but 45-7 with the game being over at halftime isn't acceptable.
Exactly!
Go compete! This game reminded me of WY vs TX game I watched two weeks previously. TX coming ranked #4, WY not bad but not in the same class (currently 4-1.). At the end of 3 quarters the game was tied. TX won by 21 but WY battled. Didn’t see that yesterday.

Reactions: huntered
I could see having a short fuse for CO and MN due to turnovers especially.

But this one - I agree 100% with OP. We have a unique opportunity to start pulling things together if the team can keep their heads up.

Like it or not this one was slated by EVERYONE as a loss prior to the season and a few folks are melting down after it actually happens.

Anxious to see the big red for the rest of the year!

I expected a loss but playing at home with an “improved defense” I thought we would at least get in their way a little bit. This game was exactly like last year, just bulldozed over again and that is the disappointing part.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
You woke up still pissed about me calling you a cuck 🤣. Damn.. truth hurts bro
Imagine being such a bitch you can't tag the person you're talking shit about. You don't have imagine it, cuz you're that bitch.

poor you. Lofl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT