ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys really care that Trev left? I don’t.

HUSKERBILL

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2001
Honestly is it that big of a loss? Yes he supports NU football and understands the fan base. But ANY athletic director they hire will know that football (much like most schools) drives the department.

We have the coaches in place that we need.
Football
Basketball
Women’s Basketball
volleyball (and an heir apparent in place).

So what do we really care?

I’ve heard it referenced that he is “leaving a sinking ship”

Meanwhile our football team has all the momentum in the world. Our basketball team is dancing and just posted the best home record in history. Our women’s basketball team is dancing and beating Top 5 teams. Our volleyball team has another top recruiting class coming in and was just in the championship game again.

We are one of the most profitable ADs in the nation. No issues there.

Stadium renovations going on.

Seriously do we really care that Trev is leaving? If he wasn’t a past Husker would anyone care?

Here’s the deal

He is about to get paid unreal money. We get $4M for him leaving. And he was about to have to face a lawsuit and questions that would have been uncomfortable. Now that he’s gone he gets paid double and wipes clean his “care” about how the lawsuit would have ended up.

He won’t get fired at aTm for the Husker lawsuit that he wasn’t directly part of.

Stay at Nebraska and get paid less and POSSIBLY get fired.

Go to Texas A&M and get paid DOUBLE and have zero risk of losing your job.

Hard to blame him. Not surprising at all.

I think we were better yesterday with Trev than we will be tomorrow without Trev. What the BOR does from here will determine a lot.

Reactions: WHCSC and Laner2
I think we were better yesterday with Trev than we will be tomorrow without Trev. What the BOR does from here will determine a lot.
I agree. I don’t claim to know what goes on in the athletic department but I have had experience taking over schools that had obvious problems but even more buried in the carry over people and systems.

I liked Trev, thought he was contemplative and not afraid to take action. He connected to the coaches, athletes and fans and was forward thinking.

I believe people who can do this job well are rare and few - do we need to be reminded of our last few ADs?

Football and men’s basketball need to be fed first. And second. After their dessert, the others can have what’s left

I don’t care. Not one bit. And hopefully now we will scrap the whole $450 million stadium renovation project. Priority is simple. Start winning f$cking football games again. We don’t need Trev Alberts to do that.
If we start losing coaches because of the lack of support, personality, or lack of vision, then it will affect games. Like it or not, facilities matter. The place is in serious need of stability and this greatly impacts that.

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
Not really. I want a stadium with comfortable seats, good food choices, fast concessions, reasonable bathroom lines, and good football at an affordable price. He wanted more premium seats, more skyboxes, communal areas, Internet cafes, and higher ticket prices. A lot of folks that mattered pushed back on his project and he took his ball and went home.

Not necessarily bummed that he’s gone - it just adds to instability with UNL upper Execs. Which is never great in my opinion. Agree with Matt Rhule being a professional. As long as he’s supported to make Nebraska great again I don’t care who’s in the chair above him.

Honestly is it that big of a loss? Yes he supports NU football and understands the fan base. But ANY athletic director they hire will know that football (much like most schools) drives the department.

Football
Basketball
Women’s Basketball

Meanwhile our football team has all the momentum in the world. Our basketball team is dancing and just posted the best home record in history. Our women’s basketball team is dancing and beating Top 5 teams. Our volleyball team has another top recruiting class coming in and was just in the championship game again.

Seriously do we really care that Trev is leaving? If he wasn’t a past Husker would anyone care?

Here’s the deal

He is about to get paid unreal money. We get $4M for him leaving. And he was about to have to face a lawsuit and questions that would have been uncomfortable. Now that he’s gone he gets paid double and wipes clean his “care” about how the lawsuit would have ended up.

He won’t get fired at aTm for the Husker lawsuit that he wasn’t directly part of.

You ever here a guy named Steve Peterson? He (Trev) was the glue, and yes I think it is a big loss. There is obviously something very wrong with the Nebraska Administation and the Board of Regents for this to go down the way it did. Was it the lawsuit maybe, but at the end of the day we have to back what is working. It really felt like things were all starting to click, but shame on Trev for doing this right before the basketball team is about to try for their first NCAA win ever.

You ever here a guy named Steve Peterson? He (Trev) was the glue, and yes I think it is a big loss. There is obviously something very wrong with the Nebraska Administation and the Board of Regents for this to go down the way it did. Was it the lawsuit maybe, but at the end of the day we have to back what is working. It really felt like things were all starting to click, but shame on Trev for doing this right before the basketball team is about to try for their first NCAA win ever.
PeDerson, right?

Thanks, Grant WiNstrom

I care that he left because I liked him and thought he was doing a good job. Now if/when he leaves, f--- him. I care that the next AD has a great relationship with our coaches because we seem to have some good ones and new ADs like to hire new coaches, which is my biggest care.

The issue will be keeping Rhule happy as I’m banking on him being a good hire and getting us competitive in the BIG (I don’t ever expect us to challenge for Natty’s in the future). With Fred, the jury is still out. People wanted him gone after the last couple of years. Was this year him turning the corner or a flash in the pan? Too early to know and time will tell. He has familial ties here so I think he’s good. Cook’s not going any anywhere. Wrestling is in good shape. Who knows with Williams and the lawsuit.

I think people should be able to take jobs that they feel are better for them. So I hold no ill will against him. I have left jobs for money, flexibility and due to crummy bosses. So I’m fine if he wanted to take a new job.

The thing that I don’t like is what this probably means. We’ve lost our president, chancellor and now our AD. And have not been able to fill the presidents position for 7 months. From the outside, there is a leadership issue at the university and Trev leaving is a big glaring light pointing at the problem.

I'm just wondering why Texas A&M wanted him? What has he really accomplished as an Athletic Director?

The Rhule hire was mostly because of Ted Carter, not Alberts.
After Ted Carter took away their AD he told them they needed Trev to fill their vacancy

I think people should be able to take jobs that they feel are better for them. So I hold no ill will against him. I have left jobs for money, flexibility and due to crummy bosses. So I’m fine if he wanted to take a new job.

The thing that I don’t like is what this probably means. We’ve lost our president, chancellor and now our AD. And have not been able to fill the presidents position for 7 months. From the outside, there is a leadership issue at the university and Trev leaving is a big glaring light pointing at the problem.
It's all Jim Pillen's fault🤣

I care in the sense that this is likely to cause our football coach to seek somewhere else that he feels has "alignment."

He seems to be big on that. And who would blame him, he got to see dysfunction up close and personal at Carolina.

I care in the sense that this is likely to cause our football coach to seek somewhere else that he feels has "alignment."

He seems to be big on that. And who would blame him, he got to see dysfunction up close and personal at Carolina.
We really have had some pretty terrible ADs in that drunk Moos and worthless Introvert lawyer Eichorst. Now Trev is the turd in the punch bowl. Hope they get this next one right

I honestly just don't care that Trev Alberts left. You move on and you look at it as an OPPORTUNITY.

You find someone that Coach Rhule either has worked with in the past, an association with or can be comfortable with.

He comes off as a doucher which, if he’s really good at his job, I don’t care too much about. Don’t know if he’s good or not, but on the face of it, him being a former husker, and bailing after a short period of time, it looks like a dick move by him.

He was AD so short a time we did not yet really know him. He was in Lincoln longer as a football player. From Iowa to Texas via Nebraska, ESPN, and Nebraska again. I would not be surprised if he returned to media in 2-3 years or to run for political office in Iowa.

Football
Basketball
Women’s Basketball

Here’s the deal

You’re not even in the top 25 in terms of profitability.

Football
Basketball
Women’s Basketball

Here’s the deal

Yeah but you’re…well…you know…an ignorant douche.

Last edited:
it’s more concerning that the president and chancellor left.
Does The”one Nebraska” deal mean a budget curt for DONU? Is that what’s going on?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT