ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys really care that Trev left? I don’t.

I agree that we have some positive momentum with the addition of DR

but certainly less momentum than teams that actually won games and finished strong and possess proven talent

I don't care that trev left. I do care about how it reflects on the program.

I agree that we have some positive momentum with the addition of DR

but certainly less momentum than teams that actually won games and finished strong and possess proven talent

I don't care that trev left. I do care about how it reflects on the program.
Maybe one positive that can be gained will be that the people responsible for Trev leaving will get their wings clipped.

Or, he's sees something troubling with the Administration and decided to take a better offer.

No President and now no AD? No AD will take this job without knowing who the president is going to be.

The eye test says something is wrong with the administration.
There are guys who would love to take the NU AD job without worrying about who the new president might be.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
You may be under the impression that DEI programs are a plague on US higher education. They are not. Also, finalist pools for jobs at places like NU usually contain multiple individuals who are fully qualified for the job. Who is "the best and brightest" is largely an opinion at that point.
Interesting that you mention Harvard. It isn't like that lady was the first relatively unremarkable person to hold that job. She's just that not another mediocre white guy. There have been plenty of them over the history of American higher education.
I almost always agree with your takes but not this time. DEI, as it seems to be typically unpacked, is divisive as hell. And to keep from getting any warnings I am officially done with the DEI stuff.

Reactions: dinglefritz
My opinion is that Trev wasn't getting the pledges to fund the $450 million for the stadium renovations. Even with the unanimous approval back in October, there was at least a couple of regents that weren't all that confident that Alberts was going to get the private funding.
I hear that. But, it’s hard for me to not get a little pissed about this. Was his job in Jeopardy? There was no outward indication of this. If this was his “dream job”, I would think he would keep the fight alive to get new leadership and fight for the funding required. I saw nothing he said to the media other than some small comments that could be interpreted as frustration, especially in hindsight. IMO, it was a blow to his ego. For Trev, it was an FU to NU moment that took precedence over his “dream job” as AD here. And I loved the Trev Hire. I thought it was a match. Now I’m just tired and angry.

I hear that. But, it’s hard for me to not get a little pissed about this. Was his job in Jeopardy? There was no outward indication of this. If this was his “dream job”, I would think he would keep the fight alive to get new leadership and fight for the funding required. I saw nothing he said to the media other than some small comments that could be interpreted as frustration, especially in hindsight. IMO, it was a blow to his ego. For Trev, it was an FU to NU moment that took precedence over his “dream job” as AD here. And I loved the Trev Hire. I thought it was a match. Now I’m just tired and angry.
I think questions need to be directed to the chairman of the BOR. My gut tells me he’s a problem.

I don't really care, but Trev did bring accountability, which didn't really exist before.

I was also sure that he was not out to do harm to the Nebraska football program.

Does anyone find it interesting that he ended up at an SEC school?

I just hope they shore up those 2 positions with great hires, because the athletic dept is on the rise, and it would be a shame to see things fall apart before they even had a chance to take off.

Trev seemed like the right guy for NU, wish he would’ve stayed and fought for what he wanted as AD here instead of tucking tail and leaving in the night, ironic as that’s what Jimbo did when he went to aTm. Trevs going to get about 6 years there, if Elko flounders he gets to bring in his coach and then he’s on the chopping block.

I think we were better yesterday with Trev than we will be tomorrow without Trev. What the BOR does from here will determine a lot.
Hell yes. The bottom line is that Trev was doing a very good job and he was a leader. A leader makes a huge difference.

As for the reports that some coaches and personnel are glad that Trev is leaving, well that is a sign that the AD was doing his job. A good boss will never be 100% popular. A tough boss will get on the underachievers to do a better job and the incompetent slackers won't like him. An easy boss will let everything slide and the hard working employees will resent the lazy, wastoid co-workers who make everyone else's job tougher and wonder why the boss isn't doing his/her job.

Why? Looking at all the regent bios he seems to be aligned with all but two of the other regents (Weitz and O'Conner) and the governor.
You can't look at his bio and determine how he's aligned. I looked at it. He's a joiner. When I see a resume like that it waves a red flag. How could he ever do justice to any of those "civic" memberships that he lists? Another fact is that his work experience wouldn't necessarily suggest skill at leading an organization. Two board members can't derail a project or hire that a strong leader wants to get done.

You can't look at his bio and determine how he's aligned. I looked at it. He's a joiner. When I see a resume like that it waves a red flag. How could he ever do justice to any of those "civic" memberships that he lists? Another fact is that his work experience wouldn't necessarily suggest skill at leading an organization. Two board members can't derail a project or hire that a strong leader wants to get done.
Maybe I can't infer how he is aligned by his bio, but the fact he has the military connections, belongs to the American Legion and the NRA helps me sniff the wind. As far as doing justice to the civic groups, I always listed these kind of groups on my bio even though all I did was pay my annual membership, attend some of the monthly meetings and flip pancakes at the fundraising breakfast now and then. Not sure if I do justice to these groups, but I put something in the kitty, so I claim to be part of them. Anyway the gov and regents other than Weitz and O'Conner all seem to be fairly conservative.

Maybe I can't infer how he is aligned by his bio, but the fact he has the military connections, belongs to the American Legion and the NRA helps me sniff the wind. As far as doing justice to the civic groups, I always listed these kind of groups on my bio even though all I did was pay my annual membership, attend some of the monthly meetings and flip pancakes at the fundraising breakfast now and then. Not sure if I do justice to these groups, but I put something in the kitty, so I claim to be part of them. Anyway the gov and regents other than Weitz and O'Conner all seem to be fairly conservative.
Again, having a military background doesn’t ensure you’re a good leader. I understand where you’re coming from but I’ve seen a few retired military officers who couldn’t lead a dog to a food dish. The bottom line is he’s the leader in charge of the President search. Between him and Clare somebody isn’t getting it done.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT