ADVERTISEMENT

OT dating a married chick

I could keep this board entertained for days with my dating stories, and I've only been single for 15 months after a 26 year marriage. But I've yet to find out one of them was married. Bi-sexual, yes. Sons who were in the process of turning themselves into daughters, yup. Suicide attempt(s) (while we were dating), check. Drug addicts, uh-huh. But no married chicks, yet.

You got married and now single. I did just the opposite, I stayed single until I was just shy of my 43rd birthday and now have been married for 20 years. You are going have some crazy experiences and meet some crazy people.

I was dating a woman once who had just broken up with a married guy who was originally from Turkey. We had gone out a few times and I get a call from him telling me to stay away from her. He had broken into her place and got my number off the caller id. I told her he called me and asked her what she wanted to do. She suggested we not see each other. Fine by me. She ends up getting back with the guy. A couple years later she leaves him and he shoots her in the head while she is walking down the street. Glad I walked away from that situation.

I could keep this board entertained for days with my dating stories, and I've only been single for 15 months after a 26 year marriage. But I've yet to find out one of them was married. Bi-sexual, yes. Sons who were in the process of turning themselves into daughters, yup. Suicide attempt(s) (while we were dating), check. Drug addicts, uh-huh. But no married chicks, yet.

haven't you heard? dont stick your 'uh-mm' in crazy...

A Catholic buddy's sister was very pretty. Got her masters in a business field and landed a 6 figure job out of college (this was back in the early 70s). She made it known up front where her values were. She married finally I think at around 30. I've known several over the years. It's probably more common than we think. Believe it or not, some people actually choose to live their faith.

My wife was one of those. I still don't think it's that common. I certainly didn't value her virginity. It did reflect the type of person she is. I'm a lucky man.

Being 30 is the best time to find a woman. There are three scenarios:

1. She is single because she is ugly
2. She is single because she is crazy
3. She is single because she has been focused on her career and makes a ton of money. (And this is the one you are looking for)
4. She is single because she was screwed over by dude that was a douche just like yourself.

I'm so happy I'm not in the dating world today, things my wife and I see Today just drive us nuts, especially how there young guys treat there girls or lack of respect. And it seems like the girls don't have a problem with it :eek:
Yeah it's all the guys fault. Maybe it's because they don't respect themselves. There's plenty of genuine good guys, but girls don't go for that. Then she sleeps with a guy on the first date just because she thinks he's attractive, and then they're surprised when he doesn't call back. A lot of girls don't have any respect for themselves these days and you wonder why you find them with guys who disrespect them?

Reactions: meo1960
I think the term respect is not the same for everyone.

Some girls are fine with sex on the first date, some make rules like it has to be the third date...Whatever.

When I was in college I was propositioned by a woman 5-10 years older than me. I declined because I was dating someone else. A few months later that relationship ended and I tried to reconnect with the older woman. She confessed to me she was married, and when she asked me out they were separated but had subsequently reconciled and were back together. That piece of timing might have saved her marriage. I still consider that divine intervention.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I think the term respect is not the same for everyone.

Some girls are fine with sex on the first date, some make rules like it has to be the third date...Whatever.
That's when you do the power dating thing to get 3 in 1.
1) take them to supper at restaurant of their choice
2) let them pick out the movie even if you have to suffer through a chick flick
3) hang out with her friends

==== 3 dates. By that time you will know. If all else fails, end up with one of her friends and call it a night

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
The problem with these kinds of situations is that even though your head is saying “run!”, your heart is saying the opposite. That is why people do foolish things when in love. The heart wants what the heart wants!

You are not an idiot. You are a dude who fell in love with a chick before finding out she is a lying cheater. And it isn’t easy to just shut off emotions.

But you really should run from this. Gonna be hard. But a year from now it won’t matter anymore

Couldn't have said it better. You can't just shut off the feelings, even if she was deceitful. Just a terrible feeling.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Dysfunctional Vet. Situations like this just aren't fair. You cared for this gal, and you know you have to stop caring for her for your own good, but it is so difficult.

Random dating thoughts from a 49 year old that’s been online dating off and on for a couple years....

1. Being in large metro area (Denver) makes a world of difference. Far smaller pond if you’re in Lincoln/Omaha. God help you if you live in a rural area
2. Dating is easy. I could go on a 5-6 dates a week, and I have. Getting laid isn’t very hard either, much easier than I remember it being in my awkward youth.
3. True connection is really hard. Online dating helps in some sense due to large numbers, but also hurts because those same large numbers encourages quick judgments

Random dating thoughts from a 49 year old that’s been online dating off and on for a couple years....

1. Being in large metro area (Denver) makes a world of difference. Far smaller pond if you’re in Lincoln/Omaha. God help you if you live in a rural area
2. Dating is easy. I could go on a 5-6 dates a week, and I have. Getting laid isn’t very hard either, much easier than I remember it being in my awkward youth.
3. True connection is really hard. Online dating helps in some sense due to large numbers, but also hurts because those same large numbers encourages quick judgments

Amen to 2...so true. Online dating has made dating so easy and casual. And made ****ing so easy.

Sorry to hear that brother, seems like plenty of advice good and bad has already been shared. You have my sympathy.

Yessir!! People think Omaha is big, but when it comes to online dating, it gets real small, real fast, and no matter the size of the town everyone is so anxious to swipe right to see what the next profile holds, you never get to even talk to most girls you may have really liked, had you met in the real world at the Whole Foods salad bar.

I turned 31 on the 5th.... im not trying hard enough then.

I loved my thirties. I had gotten a couple of promotions at work so I had a pretty good salary. I could afford to go out. I owned my own house. I had vendors giving me tickets to the Sonics/Mariners/Hawks. I wasn't a serial dater like my wife's younger brother who just got a divorce after 20 years of marriage. He lives in DC and goes on three different dates in a week. That would have driven me nuts, but to each his own. I dated mostly women that were younger than me. I think I was more confident in my thirties than I was when I was younger.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I loved my thirties. I had gotten a couple of promotions at work so I had a pretty good salary. I could afford to go out. I owned my own house. I had vendors giving me tickets to the Sonics/Mariners/Hawks. I wasn't a serial dater like my wife's younger brother who just got a divorce after 20 years of marriage. He lives in DC and goes on three different dates in a week. That would have driven me nuts, but to each his own. I dated mostly women that were younger than me. I think I was more confident in my thirties than I was when I was younger.

Exactly! It was the confidence part that is huge...plus girls in their 20's pretend that they want an older guy...they don't...but they like to fake like they do for a month or two. And that is awesome...

And waitress...my goodness. I lived near Cigaros in Omaha, a Cigar Bar/drug bar...the waitresses were all dimes and I happened to be friends with one of them and that turned into a very good thing for me.

I was dating a woman once who had just broken up with a married guy who was originally from Turkey. We had gone out a few times and I get a call from him telling me to stay away from her. He had broken into her place and got my number off the caller id. I told her he called me and asked her what she wanted to do. She suggested we not see each other. Fine by me. She ends up getting back with the guy. A couple years later she leaves him and he shoots her in the head while she is walking down the street. Glad I walked away from that situation.
Holy crap.

This has been a very entertaining off-season thread despite Vet's OP that described an unfortunate, uncomfortable situation. I dated Mrs. HW for 4 years and then we have been married for 30. Never much more angst than quarreling about who would do the dishes, that kind of thing. Something happened at the 20-25 year mark that is common I hear. We started completing each other's sentences, sounding like each other, even perhaps looking like each other. We are truly one entity. Sometimes I think maybe I missed out dating a bunch of different girls throughout my 30s, 40s and 50s, but that is a quick thought because I can't imagine my life having been any other way.

This has been a very entertaining off-season thread despite Vet's OP that described an unfortunate, uncomfortable situation. I dated Mrs. HW for 4 years and then we have been married for 30. Never much more angst than quarreling about who would do the dishes, that kind of thing. Something happened at the 20-25 year mark that is common I hear. We started completing each other's sentences, sounding like each other, even perhaps looking like each other. We are truly one entity. Sometimes I think maybe I missed out dating a bunch of different girls throughout my 30s, 40s and 50s, but that is a quick thought because I can't imagine my life having been any other way.
Good for you. Sounds like my own experience to some degree. We dated 2 years and then engaged for two years. Will be celebrating 32 years this Valentine's day.

I try to finish her sentences but that infurriates her.

Reactions: saluno22
Not gonna lie tho. At 30, my options are kind of limited.
tenor.gif

Just turned 30 in September and I’m just getting started brother. Just know that what your brain tells you isn’t always reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT