ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite memory of Husker Football with your Dad??

Watching this together.

He died 6 weeks after we watched this play.

Thankfully this panoramic was made from the Oregon game and it hangs on the wall in the Husker Cave. I bought the print and my wife had it framed for Christmas.

FP-69322F.jpg

Last edited:
Lost my dad 3 1/2 years ago but my favorite memory was him yelling at me from the SE corner of memorial stadium to get off the field after the 78 OU game. I was only 14 and my sisters boyfriend who was on the wrestling team at NU lifted me over the fence and away I went into the mass of humanity. Lucky I made it out alive and dad was pissed, but not too much.

With Raiola committing tonight it literally did bring tears to my eyes…

Because, I wanted to call my Dad so bad…

I have been on this Husker Board a long time and people might remember when I lost him in 2007.

He use to buy me Husker Media guides every year. My job was to know everything. He started doing this in College with me. (To you youngsters out there, we actually had to use books. I shit you not.) And, trust me. If he asked me during a game who someone was….If I didn’t know their high school, height, and weight, and favorite pet. He would get pissed. Seriously. lol.

Also, Every year around this time. He started buy a New Jersey every year. I own 27. Yes. 27 Huskers Jerseys.

But, my favorite memory of the jerseys was #4 and # 12….

My Dad got me a Bobby Newcombe #12

My Dad himself a #4 for DeAngelo Evans.

That did Not end well as DeAngelo flamed out after he talked shit to a certain Fullback and his ass broke.

My Father literally pouted because he couldn’t wear his #4 Jersey. Heartbroken and pissed.

I will never forget the phone call. A year Later…

My Dad, like a kid I in a candy store.

“JUDD DAIVIES!!!!”

Keep in mind a year later….

I was like what are your talking about Dad!?! It is 10 PM!?

“Judd got #4!!!” We landed the top ranked fullback out of Omaha and he got the number. Dad was jacked and #4 was back in play

I laughed so hard.

Sorry for the sappy post. My first thought tonight were about how my Dad would be losing his mind right now.

And maybe that is really what makes Husker Football Awesome.❤️

Go Huskers
Neb. Vs. Okie . . .Sat. after the Kennedy assination, Bobby K. gave a green light to play the game !

Lots of memories:

Growing up in Omaha listening to Lyle Bremser on KFAB on Husker game days - often outside raking leaves with the radio blaring.

The whole family watching the classic OU Husker games.

Watching the Orange Bowl which back then seemed to be always Nebraska or those horrible Sooners.

In his later years Dad stopped watching the games as it made him too nervous. He'd tape them and watch them if we won. I've adopted his practice.

I have been on this Husker Board a long time and people might remember when I lost him in 2007.

He use to buy me Husker Media guides every year. My job was to know everything. He started doing this in College with me. (To you youngsters out there, we actually had to use books. I shit you not.) And, trust me. If he asked me during a game who someone was….If I didn’t know their high school, height, and weight, and favorite pet. He would get pissed. Seriously. lol.

Also, Every year around this time. He started buy a New Jersey every year. I own 27. Yes. 27 Huskers Jerseys.

That did Not end well as DeAngelo flamed out after he talked shit to a certain Fullback and his ass broke.

My Father literally pouted because he couldn’t wear his #4 Jersey. Heartbroken and pissed.

“JUDD DAIVIES!!!!”

“Judd got #4!!!” We landed the top ranked fullback out of Omaha and he got the number. Dad was jacked and #4 was back in play

I laughed so hard.

Sorry for the sappy post. My first thought tonight were about how my Dad would be losing his mind right now.

Go Huskers
Sitting with him at my first Husker game in Memorial Stadium around 1978 - playing Baylor and Mike Singletary. The balloons. The food. The atmosphere. But best memory was sitting by him at 94 NC game and watching the Huskers (and my brother) beat our nemesis (The Canes). The memories are priceless. He’s had season tickets since 1962. He was a professor at Neb’s Dental school for 50 years.

Last edited:

“JUDD DAIVIES!!!!”

I laughed so hard.

Go Huskers
Dad took me to game in the late 60s. I don’t really remember much about it but it was a HUGE deal for him to do that because he had to close his store and drive for 2 hours with just me. He NEVER took a day off

Reactions: superman787
My dad worked from 6-8 am on Saturdays and we needed to be at the stadium by 10:30 in the late 60s - early 70s so TO could let us in with the team when they arrived. Rode 140 miles in back of the station wagon with no seatbelts. We made it each time. Kids sat under the north stadium and parents to the 50-yard line. Smokin' fast game-day trip for 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT