ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Syracuse last night...

kakdawg

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 8, 2004
Greenville SC
Lot of booing and "fire coach Babers" chants. Wonder if they would go after Tony White if the job opened after the season. Or would they opt for a coach with some HC experience.

Also noticed Travis Fisher (former Husker DB coach) and a couple former Huskers. Former 4 star Jaeden Gould looked like a starter and got the most PT of the former Huskers. Also seen Myles Farmer who I thought would've been a starter but apparently he wasn't. He actually got a 15 yard penalty for a bone headed play similar to what Fleeks got last week against Purdue. Finally I seen Jalil Martin listed on the roster but dont recall seeing him play. He was a guy who Fisher raved about saying he was an NFL player if I'm not mistaken.

Just found it interesting to see how those guys would do elsewhere.

Hindsight we may have lucked into a good situation with Farmer leaving. After watching him for 4 years I can't imagine a scenario where his his play would've been better than what Giffords, Brown, or Singeltons has before the injury.

Just found it kinda interesting. Anyone have any idea how NPG (Gates) is doing wherever he transferred to? New Mexico maybe?

Oh yeah I know this board is kind torn on the play of our starting QB. But man Syracuse QB may have been the worse passer I've seen all year and watching Nebraska every week that's saying a lot. Dude had like 4 interceptions last night. Kinda and explosive runner but God was he horrible as a passer. So YES it could be worse here lol

Holla

Farmer was way too slow. I think White would be nuts to jump to Syracuse at this point, unless there are some strong ties. He looks like he’s got things going with the D, the schedule doesn’t look terrible next year, and he should get a healthy bump in pay at the end of year. In other words, he shouldn’t be in a hurry, his stock should only rise if he can get another solid 2 or three years of D, while make 1.5 mill a year.

Farmer was way too slow. I think White would be nuts to jump to Syracuse at this point, unless there are some strong ties. He looks like he’s got things going with the D, the schedule doesn’t look terrible next year, and he should get a healthy bump in pay at the end of year. In other words, he shouldn’t be in a hurry, his stock should only rise if he can get another solid 2 or three years of D, while make 1.5 mill a year.

Yeah Farmer looked to be super slow. Like 4.8 forty type slow lol. I always thought that about him.

Kinda wonder how the strength and conditioning staff may have helped his speed though. We did see a lot of players this year get noticeably faster under these guys. Had he bought in I'm sure it may have helped him get a bit faster. Just how much who knows.

Again I'm glad he bounced though. I honestly think we are better without him on the field.

Holla

Yeah Farmer looked to be super slow. Like 4.8 forty type slow lol. I always thought that about him.

Kinda wonder how the strength and conditioning staff may have helped his speed though. We did see a lot of players this year get noticeably faster under these guys. Had he bought in I'm sure it may have helped him get a bit faster. Just how much who knows.

Again I'm glad he bounced though. I honestly think we are better without him on the field.

Holla
Gould hit the transfer portal before White was hired at NU. He should’ve stayed and he would be playing in a better version of the same defense he’s in now. He would be set up to be one of the next guys after the group at safety and Gifford leave. Farmer turned out to just be the starting safety on teams that were 3-9 and 4-8. He thought he was too good to be a back up for White and he turned out to be a backup for Cuse.

Gould hit the transfer portal before White was hired at NU. He should’ve stayed and he would be playing in a better version of the same defense he’s in now. He would be set up to be one of the next guys after the group at safety and Gifford leave. Farmer turned out to just be the starting safety on teams that were 3-9 and 4-8. He thought he was too good to be a back up for White and he turned out to be a backup for Cuse.

Ok I didn't remember if White had been hired or not before Gould left. Maybe getting White may have changed his mind or maybe not. I think I read somewhere that he was a legacy guy from Syracuse. So maybe he was gone the moment people were fired regardless.

I did like that Gould kid though. He might be a pretty good player.

Holla

For some reason that football field looked like it was 40 yards wide and 80 yards long. No doubt an optical illusion since it is in a dome and the sideline areas are narrow.

Ok I didn't remember if White had been hired or not before Gould left. Maybe getting White may have changed his mind or maybe not. I think I read somewhere that he was a legacy guy from Syracuse. So maybe he was gone the moment people were fired regardless.

I did like that Gould kid though. He might be a pretty good player.

Holla
And from the dates, Gould transferred to Cuse and then Fisher was hired. And now Babers may be on the hot seat.

If Babers doesn't get them to a bowl this year (may not win another game this year) they should move on. Only 2 winning seasons in 8 years (19-44) in conference play, and they will need a new QB next year.

Lot of booing and "fire coach Babers" chants. Wonder if they would go after Tony White if the job opened after the season. Or would they opt for a coach with some HC experience.

Also noticed Travis Fisher (former Husker DB coach) and a couple former Huskers. Former 4 star Jaeden Gould looked like a starter and got the most PT of the former Huskers. Also seen Myles Farmer who I thought would've been a starter but apparently he wasn't. He actually got a 15 yard penalty for a bone headed play similar to what Fleeks got last week against Purdue. Finally I seen Jalil Martin listed on the roster but dont recall seeing him play. He was a guy who Fisher raved about saying he was an NFL player if I'm not mistaken.

Just found it interesting to see how those guys would do elsewhere.

Hindsight we may have lucked into a good situation with Farmer leaving. After watching him for 4 years I can't imagine a scenario where his his play would've been better than what Giffords, Brown, or Singeltons has before the injury.

Just found it kinda interesting. Anyone have any idea how NPG (Gates) is doing wherever he transferred to? New Mexico maybe?

Oh yeah I know this board is kind torn on the play of our starting QB. But man Syracuse QB may have been the worse passer I've seen all year and watching Nebraska every week that's saying a lot. Dude had like 4 interceptions last night. Kinda and explosive runner but God was he horrible as a passer. So YES it could be worse here lol

Holla
With all of the 7 on 7 camps, I expected QBs to be tearing it up everywhere. Not so. I guess it didn’t translate that well over to the real game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT