ADVERTISEMENT

OT dating a married chick

Part of me wants to know why this thread has reached 7 pages. A wiser part of me knows the middle 5 pages are probably name calling and vague threats.

My $0.02 is that it's not the marriage but the fact she didn't tell you that's the problem. Lots of people get divorced and lots of relationships begin under less-than-advisable circumstances. But dishonesty and secret keeping are personality traits and bad ones at that.

My wife was married and I was in a relationship with my daughter's mom when we met. We were coworkers to boot. Neither of us was seeking out the other, but we realized we were soulmates and now we're happily married, I have a different job and we're expecting our second daughter together (my third daughter). And thank God for it because what we didn't realize at the time was we were both in relationships with textbook emotional abusers.

BUT, we were open and honest with each other throughout. I told her how I felt but was also clear that we weren't going to be an item if she wasn't divorced. I wasn't going to be anyone's side piece and neither was she. I was clear with her on the logistics and the emotional toll of having to transition to shared custody of my daughter. It was brutal, but it was the right thing to do.

I would also say that I was certain I'd spend the rest of my life with her before we began the process in earnest. It wasn't a fling or a physical thing, I wanted to be with her until my dying day because of who she is as a human being.

I agree with the others who said run from this chick and fast. It's the lying that is the problem.

Part of me wants to know why this thread has reached 7 pages. A wiser part of me knows the middle 5 pages are probably name calling and vague threats.

My $0.02 is that it's not the marriage but the fact she didn't tell you that's the problem. Lots of people get divorced and lots of relationships begin under less-than-advisable circumstances. But dishonesty and secret keeping are personality traits and bad ones at that.

My wife was married and I was in a relationship with my daughter's mom when we met. We were coworkers to boot. Neither of us was seeking out the other, but we realized we were soulmates and now we're happily married, I have a different job and we're expecting our second daughter together (my third daughter). And thank God for it because what we didn't realize at the time was we were both in relationships with textbook emotional abusers.

BUT, we were open and honest with each other throughout. I told her how I felt but was also clear that we weren't going to be an item if she wasn't divorced. I wasn't going to be anyone's side piece and neither was she. I was clear with her on the logistics and the emotional toll of having to transition to shared custody of my daughter. It was brutal, but it was the right thing to do.

I would also say that I was certain I'd spend the rest of my life with her before we began the process in earnest. It wasn't a fling or a physical thing, I wanted to be with her until my dying day because of who she is as a human being.

I agree with the others who said run from this chick and fast. It's the lying that is the problem.

How did the relationship start? She was married, you were in a relationship, did it just sort of start as a "friend at work" thing and progress to exchanging numbers and stuff?

I did the work thing once with a girl...I thought it was going to be perfect...it was not! Ha

Does he have to "do" married guys to get in?

Weill, Tobias was the world's first analrapist, but I'm not interested in married guys (or single guys).

For those not familiar with "Arrested Development":

Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.

Lindsay: Yes, and you were almost arrested for those business cards.

Tobias: Yes. No, it did not look good on paper but I didn’t stop because of the police inquiries, I stopped to raise our little daughter.

How did the relationship start? She was married, you were in a relationship, did it just sort of start as a "friend at work" thing and progress to exchanging numbers and stuff?

I did the work thing once with a girl...I thought it was going to be perfect...it was not! Ha
Yeah, a guy I was good friends with at that job happened to work with her when they were in high school and college so she started sitting with us at lunch. We had chemistry like crazy but I tried to fight it for a long time. She's my soulmate, I would never choose to be apart from her.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Yeah, a guy I was good friends with at that job happened to work with her when they were in high school and college so she started sitting with us at lunch. We had chemistry like crazy but I tried to fight it for a long time. She's my soulmate, I would never choose to be apart from her.
Here's a weird twist, her hubby and I have become buds the ladt couple if days. You can't even make this crap up if you tried

e168f400ad66e06b4417d5149a6b7f01.jpg

I cannot be the only person who thought of this when I read your post can I?

Weill, Tobias was the world's first analrapist, but I'm not interested in married guys (or single guys).

Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.

Tobias: Yes. No, it did not look good on paper but I didn’t stop because of the police inquiries, I stopped to raise our little daughter.
Simply amazing! I loved that scene.

"Where is that little AnusTart?"

Love that show.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Did somebody say ménage à trois?

A girlfriend once got me a novel about a threesome, I was younger... what could have been. Two chicks same night, two hours apart is the closest I've been.

OT: I work a lot in Iowa and it is very unsettling to see all the Hawkeye stuff in Hy-Vee. Do you ever feel like you are in some alternate universe at Omaha Hy-Vee's? I look at people and think, what they hell is everyone doing?

We don't really have set rules (no piece of paper or anything like that) it is more of a "feel" and "fit".

But...with Prince as your picture...I like your chances!
Did you know that late in his way too short life that Prince became a "born again" Christian? Even you are offered the forgiveness and salvation of Jesus Christ. It's there for the taking.Winking

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Did you know that late in his way too short life that Prince became a "born again" Christian? Even you are offered the forgiveness and salvation of Jesus Christ. It's there for the taking.Winking

I believe he mentioned that in the song Cream and possibly "Do me, baby"

ADVERTISEMENT