ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

He’d be the best QB we’ve had in a decade. Now, my son is a huge OSU fan and watching McCord is very frustrating. He’s be great here and knows he’s not starting at OSU. Remember Ewers tranfered or he’d never of seen the field. He was the tallest midget hence the transfer. They should have beat Mich by 10. OSU will have the most first and second round picks this year but had the worst QB in years. As loaded as they were, and his job was to not lose games, he did that and kept other teams in the game.
So, he was bad at Ohio State with high draft picks all around him but he'll be great here?

Last edited:
He’d be the best QB we’ve had in a decade. Now, my son is a huge OSU fan and watching McCord is very frustrating. He’s be great here and knows he’s not starting at OSU. Remember Ewers tranfered or he’d never of seen the field. He was the tallest midget hence the transfer. They should have beat Mich by 10. OSU will have the most first and second round picks this year but had the worst QB in years. As loaded as they were, and his job was to not lose games, he did that and kept other teams in the game.
Yeah...but they were "frustrated" with Stroud too and he was great.

Basically, they are "frustrated" with any QB that doesn't win it all...which is pretty normal.

The equation isn't really that simple. There's limited roster spots, and limited time/attention of coaches, limited reps in practice, etc. Someone that has ascended to the rank of "contributor" after 4 years has, presumably, reached their ceiling and also has a shelf life. If that spot goes to a much younger player with more future potential, that would make sense, even if they are not ready to contribute at the same level.
He was behind an NFL guy in Newsome. But idk, I guess I don't care as much as I came across. He's replaceable.

Reactions: 90sman
So, he was bad at Ohio State with high draft picks all around him, but he'll be great here?
Great for us. We’re not going to get blue chip studs out of high school. Those days are over. We’ll get the scraps or transfers which are better than we’ll get from high schools. Especially QB. So it’s a win for Neb. One teams trash is another’s treasure.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Having a competent downfield passing game goes a long ways in helping relieve pressure placed on the Oline.
Not if your QB can’t move his feet at least a little. Need both. IF he can quickly recognize blitzes and get to a hot route maybe quickness isn’t as important but his sack totals are a little worrisome.

Great for us. We’re not going to get blue chip studs out of high school. Those days are over. We’ll get the scraps or transfers which are better than we’ll get from high schools. Especially QB. So it’s a win for Neb. One teams trash is another’s treasure.
We’d all be feeling a lot better about our future right now Dylan on our team waiting in the wings IMHO. There are exceptions to HS athletes. If we can get a LIKELY 1st round draft pick, we should invest in that at every realistic opportunity. Any team can ABSOLUTELY swing and miss here. Focus on the kids with a shred of moral fiber and high IQ, risk a lot less.

I agree. Will iowa ever get an average qb? Days of joke schedules are gone for the Hawkeyes.. enjoy the multiple shutouts for years to come

McCord reminds me a lot of former Buckeye QB Craig Krenzel. Game manager type, can make some great throws, lacks mobility and never had the firepower to bury teams like OSU likes to do with their dynamic dual-threat athletic type QB’s they’ve had consistently over the last 15 years. Krenzel did win a championship but if I remember, he took a lot of heat from Buckeye fans that season a lot like McCord did this year it seems.

McCord reminds me a lot of former Buckeye QB Craig Krenzel. Game manager type, can make some great throws, lacks mobility and never had the firepower to bury teams like OSU likes to do with their dynamic dual-threat athletic type QB’s they’ve had consistently over the last 15 years. Krenzel did win a championship but if I remember, he took a lot of heat from Buckeye fans that season a lot like McCord did this year it seems.
He's taking heat because he couldn't beat Michigan. Same reason Day is taking heat. If they won that game I doubt OSU moves on from McCord.

Since you're the board's resident expert on how shitty Nebraska's NIL is I figured you'd have the thoughts.
Well, we need that talent. Will find out how serious we are about athletes of this caliber playing for us, and will find out very quickly.

Just saw that yesterday, Miami.

Have zero idea what the Dept is gonna do with the funds they may or may not have access to. I’m encouraged that were Allegedly talking to portal Mercenaries, but will believe it when they sign.

We’ll need to do a LOT if it’s gonna make a blip on the screen next season. We whiff again like last offseason and it’ll be worse. There’s not 5 wins on next year’s schedule without a big (BIG) improvement. We all saw that, and we can all see next year’s schedule.

We don’t have the $ to put up Texas’ payroll. But we CAN compete in our conference, if we CHOOSE to.

It's a bundle. If you don't have a line you can't run and can't pass.

If you don't have a QB that can see the field and go through progressions and get rid of the ball your line can't block forever.

If you don't have receivers that don't know where the line to gain is, can't get separation on man D, or find the hole in zone D, you're gonna make qb look bad.

Our qbs fumbled a lot and threw it right to the D many times and made bad decisions. Talent? Coaching? Both?

Good comp

It's a bundle. If you don't have a line you can't run and can't pass.

If you don't have a QB that can see the field and go through progressions and get rid of the ball your line can't block forever.

If you don't have receivers that don't know where the line to gain is, can't get separation on man D, or find the hole in zone D, you're gonna make qb look bad.

Our qbs fumbled a lot and threw it right to the D many times and made bad decisions. Talent? Coaching? Both?
Biggest lack currently is talent. They made the WRONG throw, made horrible decisions, and missed wide open receivers ALL SEASON, ALL OF THEM. Absolutely we need to improve our O-line and receivers to realize the full potential of a new, shinier and more talented QB. But yeah, talent matters. If we pay our transfer portal QB a cool Mil and he/she/them flops comparatively, I’ll eat it.

Reactions: RedMyMind
The reason OSU is dumping him is because the fans are looking to blame someone for losing to Michigan and the starting QB who threw two interceptions in the game is their scapegoat. They ignore his overall season stats or the fact that he also won all the other games. That happens when the fanbase has been spoiled.

As an OSU fan I hope Nebraska lands McCord so you can see the truth.

McCord looks like an NFL QB on about 20% of his throws. Then you watch the other 80% and you wonder how he even has a scholarship.

Locks onto WR presnap and doesn't read the route tree so it's either that WR or check down when WRs were running open for easy TDs.

Fans called him Checkdown Mccord until Gus Johnson started calling Marvin Harrison Maserati Marv, then he got the Honda Mccord nickname, which IMO is an insult to a fine automobile made in the Columbus area.

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

Didn't improve at all from game 1 to game 12

He is lucky he was throwing to a bunch of NFL WRs and got balled out by the RBs to beat ND, Wisconsin & Penn St.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

McCord looks like an NFL QB on about 20% of his throws. Then you watch the other 80% and you wonder how he even has a scholarship.

Locks onto WR presnap and doesn't read the route tree so it's either that WR or check down when WRs were running open for easy TDs.

Fans called him Checkdown Mccord until Gus Johnson started calling Marvin Harrison Maserati Marv, then he got the Honda Mccord nickname, which IMO is an insult to a fine automobile made in the Columbus area.

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

He is lucky he was throwing to a bunch of NFL WRs and got balled out by the RBs to beat ND, Wisconsin & Penn St.
a 20% NFL QB is more than all of ours put together.

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

Kind of what I’m afraid of.

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

Okay sounds good. He’ll start and be better than our Wayne State level QBs. Thanks man.

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

Well all I can say is that his stats for the season were pretty good.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Statue like mobility

No competitive fire

Gtfo

It’s the bad ones that kill you. The huge negative rushing number he put up concerns me. Sacks kill your offense almost as bad as INTs.
19 sacks on the season. Now I know that’s with the OSU line, far different than the Nebraska line. Nebraska gave up 30 sacks this year, or 2.5 a game.

Will next year be better or worse than 30?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT