ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

8898r8.jpg

He’s right about the QBR of the two QB’s. I just don’t like QBR, as it often doesn’t make any sense, at least to me.
It’s a more complete metric than passer rating. IF you value having a mobile QB using passer rating alone isn’t great.

So, out of Howard, Shapen and McCord who is BEST for Nebraska's offense next year? (I'm thinking Leavitt probably is being recruited for 2025 and beyond.)

Well he's making the rounds which is good. This Ohio visit means Howard has NOT committed (at least at this point). It will be interesting to see if he can get any of them to at least visit Lincoln this weekend.
These deals will take at least two weeks to finalize. Most of the recruits will take a visit. But the NIL aspect will require some negotiation and contracts.

This is wayyyy more complex than a high school kid “committing”. And none of these kids will commit “too soon”. They are all being advised right now. If there was a Top 30 in the QB group, the first ones that jump won’t get as much as the ones that play the game. The middle group of signees
Elite QBs will get top dollar as the NIL groups and coaches panic. But the last ones standing will get peanuts. All the top spots will be filled.

Will be interesting to see it play out.

So, out of Howard, Shapen and McCord who is BEST for Nebraska's offense next year? (I'm thinking Leavitt probably is being recruited for 2025 and beyond.)
Same question. I watched almost NO OSU this year, other than half assed vs michigan. I thought McCord was a pretty good QB, no? Or was it because he had absolute studs to throw to?

Reactions: leodisflowers
McCord. He is a stud.

Then Howard. Then Shapen.

And yeah, Leavitt is a FANTASTIC developmental kid that we will need to overpay to get here.

You either pay $2M for McCord or split that money between Howard and Leavitt.

Presumably it’s
$1.5 to Howard and $500k to Leavitt with futures incentives that he gets $1M as a starter whether it’s next year or the following

If Purdy and Haarberg decide to leave, having a QB room next year of

Howard
Leavitt
Kaelin

Or

McCord
Purdy
Kaelin

Is a really nice room. The former being better.

Leavitt showed the most potential of the three Michigan State quarterbacks in limited time this year; I was surprised he didn’t get the start against us.

So are we likely to sign two? I’d be happy with Howard and/or Leavitt. Any chance Rogers gives us a look?

Shapen is a dark horse. A year ago, Baylor’s 365 analysts were singing his praises: limitless potential, “destined to become Baylor’s greatest QB”. Now they’re saying that he’s a tough kid but too slow through his progressions.
McCord. He is a stud.

Then Howard. Then Shapen.

And yeah, Leavitt is a FANTASTIC developmental kid that we will need to overpay to get here.

You either pay $2M for McCord or split that money between Howard and Leavitt.

Presumably it’s
$1.5 to Howard and $500k to Leavitt with futures incentives that he gets $1M as a starter whether it’s next year or the following
Agree with all this.

Leavitt’s potential is genuinely exciting. McCord would be a steal. Howard would have us contending for a New Year’s Day bowl. Shapen is the dark horse who would at least get us back to a bowl game, and maybe more (he played behind a terrible line and for a team that flat out quit in some of their games, so his potential has not been reached yet).

Land McCord, Howard or Shapen to start, then Leavitt to challenge for the number 2 spot, and that would be an outstanding start to Rhule’s offseason.

All of these names excite me compared to our ‘23 QB room. Sign Air Bud and I’ll be pumped about the upgrade

I think OSU is really pissed because they haven't beat Michigan lately so everybody gets criticized right now by their fans.
All of football is obsessed with blaming coaching and quarterbacks for every win and especially loses right now. NFL. College. Doesn’t matter. If you lose, the qb/OC/DC/HC suck and if you just replace them you’ll be the best team ever. No one wants accept it’s a team sport, a lot goes into every year/match up and you won’t always be the best team as everyone is trying to win. McCord is their scapegoat. He’s really good. But he’s not cj stroud. So fans hate him. He’s smart to get out.

tOSU needs 1st round talent at QB (preferably elite at throwing and running) to beat Michigan AND to keep all of their elite receivers happy. It appears tOSU is going to land Cam Ward which could be 1st round level talent.
Getting him works for me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT