ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

Howard’s passer rating was 140 and Chubba’s was 111. TD to INT 24/10 for Howard compared to 2/3 for Chubba. I don’t dislike Purdy, but Howard is a much more complete and polished QB at this point.
I’m using ESPN’s stat line. 23 Howard’s QBR was 75. Purdy’s wasn’t 74 for 2023.

Reactions: huntered
Howard’s passer rating was 140 and Chubba’s was 111. TD to INT 24/10 for Howard compared to 2/3 for Chubba. I don’t dislike Purdy, but Howard is a much more complete and polished QB at this point.
Much more experienced but not near the run threat Purdy is. I’m not against signing Howard at all but let’s be realistic with our expectations. He’s been in KSU’s offense for several years and would have to learn a whole new system. One attractive thing for him might be that NU’s offense is more of an NFL system.

100%. But I’m not 100% sold Howard is the best QB we can get. But if you need a QB, and QB of Will Howard’s caliber is interested and ready to commit I think you have to take him. Embrace him as your future and give him all the tools to succeed. Maybe just be a little more aggressive with your 2nd QB transfer. I’d go after the top G5/FCS guy(s) and let them compete.

Much more experienced but not near the run threat Purdy is. I’m not against signing Howard at all but let’s be realistic with our expectations. He’s been in KSU’s offense for several years and would have to learn a whole new system. One attractive thing for him might be that NU’s offense is more of an NFL system.

I think you gotta be a little more aggressive with your 2nd QB transfer if Howard is the guy. Gotta bring in someone younger, but someone who can potentially compete with Howard. Jmo

When I watched NU’s offense this year, I was not reminded of NFL Sunday.

Rhule has to convince people that the offense he wants to run is not the offense that is actually on tape.

882qpq.jpg
Sir yacht🥸😅😅😅

I have no clue about where Howard is headed.

I did sit next to a guy at a NAIA BB game last night who has coached softball at the college and HS levels and is well connected.

Howard was in Salina, promoting our local Ford dealership. This guy apparently spent quit a bit of time talking to him about everything from soup to nuts.

His first impression was Howard is a pretty special young man. Very humble, very respectful and just overall a fine young man. Howard did tell this guy that Notre Dame was the plan all along, his dream team, they had been talking for some time. Then, out of the blue, ND pulled out and said no. He was pretty devastated according to this guy but still very positive. No talk about where he might go so I was surprised that something would come out this quickly, if it is indeed true.

When I watched NU’s offense this year, I was not reminded of NFL Sunday.

Rhule has to convince people that the offense he wants to run is not the offense that is actually on tape.
There is no doubt that they tweaked the offense to compensate for our weak QB play. All 3 of our QBs probably have their athleticism as their best trait.

There is no doubt that they tweaked the offense to compensate for our weak QB play. All 3 of our QBs probably have their athleticism as their best trait.
We basically ran three different offenses this year based on which QB was in. One positive about Sat and Rhule is they really did try to work to the QBs abilities instead of forcing their system no matter what.

Don’t care if he’s not the run threat, He’s mobile. That’s more important.

Reactions: BleedRed78
A lot of teams who are better than we are would love to have him, and we'd be way better with him. Great addition if it happens....but I have my doubts

Then why would the staff have spent time visiting Howard if that were the case? Now they might not be able to get Howard or some other experienced QB due to competition out there but I don't believe that they wouldn't be trying.
It's silly season. You will be hearing lots of stuff that may or may not be true.

We basically ran three different offenses this year based on which QB was in. One positive about Sat and Rhule is they really did try to work to the QBs abilities instead of forcing their system no matter what.
Apparently all 3 offensive systems involved throwing the ball at the goal line to the other team instead of handing it to a running back. Turnover machine offense is Sat's system - all three QB's this year and every other school this OC has been at.

Who are these so called experts? I can’t believe Rhule wouldn’t be looking to improve the quarterbacks
SSO is pretty darned solid. He was a regular contributor on another board but left after dealing with too many twits. He seems to be plugged into the program or staff and often has inside info that stands up. I trust what he says.

If Chucky Cheese ever posts when the sun is shining and sober it will be a first. Sick RollingLaugh
I seem to remember the guy being a solid poster awhile back. I guess after as terrible as we have been the last decade, some guys feel betrayed and disillusioned with the whole thing. Unfortunately it's probably a lot more common in this fanbase than we'd like to admit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT