ADVERTISEMENT

McCord out?

I was more excited for Flemming than anyone. Get some athletes in here that would attract a QB and see if top WR can actually succeed here. DR will be great but who the heck does he throw to? Feel like it’ll be 3 years of wasted talent. Still great as he’s a stud!!
we signed a number 11 wr out of high school last cycle. We have a 48th overall 1 te on the roster with a 45 overall and 2 te on the way. Lloyd has shown he can take the top out. A qb with a pulse this season wins us 9 games and we probably have the 2 overall and 1 qb coming to town.

If I was HH or Purdy I’d tell this staff to shove it
Why because they recruited a HS recruit at their position and tried to bring on outside help to help create competition? Are these coaches suppose to sit here and just be ok with our QB room turning the ball over 26 times a year? So you're telling them they should tell the coaching staff to shove it, fir doing their job 😅

….you really think rhule brought him here on a visit to say we dont want you? Really?
That's not what I said
I said he was vetting him and with DR in the fold that maybe it wasn't a personality fit
So they both parted ways in agreement
I just did that in 1 of my businesses
We both agreed it wasn't a fit
Rhule stated he wants and needs a fit and wants to build it from the ground up
ie young players
Nothing wrong with a vetting process as you can't know about someone until they sit in your office and your field

Doing what you always do… instead of trying to understand why Rhule would bring McCord in and then tell him we don’t have a spot do to DR being back in play, you stir the pot by attempting to paint the coaches in the worst light.

You may give credit where it is due, but you also can’t help but stir the pot when anything is questionable. It’s in your DNA.
Man you have a low opinion of rhule. Yikes

Reactions: king_kong_
Yeah, I am okay with that. Just like I am okay with Gebbia saying "I am going to compete and if I lose the job, I will be a great teammate" or whatever.
That's not what these kids are saying and that gave a lot of ammunition for negative recruiting against Frost.

I knew this would be the response...but it's people like me, you, and others on this board that make it so Matt can get a massive salary, and a palace to play in, and hundreds of millions in facilities. It's not nothing.

when-harry-met-sally-tissue.gif

Reactions: HawksDown
Maybe we shouldn’t overreact to McCord’s decision? He left when he wasn’t guaranteed a start in a bowl game. He sounds a little bit like a bitch. DR comes into the scene and coach says he isn’t guaranteeing anything as far as starting, and McCord moves on. Or any couple other dozen of possibilities
Sounds like a guy who knows what he wants and has the record to back it up. I think the decision was ultimately Rhule's, I'm not going to wish ill on McCord for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT