ADVERTISEMENT

McCord out?

They passed on one of the top returning starting QB in the big ten as well as a 5 ⭐️ receiver in Fleming (if he and McCord were a package)

We may have reallocated a large amount of NIL to Raiola instead of McCord - Fleming etc

Maybe we shouldn’t overreact to McCord’s decision? He left when he wasn’t guaranteed a start in a bowl game. He sounds a little bit like a bitch. DR comes into the scene and coach says he isn’t guaranteeing anything as far as starting, and McCord moves on. Or any couple other dozen of possibilities

If I was McCord, I would only be turning away because they promised starter to someone else or I just didn't like what I saw on the visit / NIL wasn't as anticipated. I wouldn't be afraid of a freshman coming in when I plan to be gone after one year.

Why? He has one year to play. What would you do if the number one qb in the country is coming here and he is going to play snaps? That is a big risk for any portal qb to take that has only one year.

If I was McCord, I would only be turning away because they promised starter to someone else or I just didn't like what I saw on the visit / NIL wasn't as anticipated. I wouldn't be afraid of a freshman coming in when I plan to be gone after one year.
I’m not all that surprised. He doesn’t have to pick a destination until the middle of January. There could be a bid off for him before it’s over. On our part McCord was a quick fix short term answer. Raiola you can probably build a program around. IF I have to choose between the two I’m taking Raiola.

Maybe we shouldn’t overreact to McCord’s decision? He left when he wasn’t guaranteed a start in a bowl game. He sounds a little bit like a bitch. DR comes into the scene and coach says he isn’t guaranteeing anything as far as starting, and McCord moves on. Or any couple other dozen of possibilities
Exactly. He is most likely leaving OSU because he wasn’t guaranteed a starting job. He then comes here thinking he is a lock for a starting job given the talentless QB room we have. Then he is told DR is coming and no starting job is guaranteed and that it will be an open competition. He bolts.

dating app GIF

Your theory is very smart and probably dead accurate

Bring kids in on an OV just to tell them to hit the bricks

Classic move
The kid was already here when Raiola made news. Do you tell the kid not to come just in case DR changes his mind and wants to come to Nebraska after all?

Edit: if anyone should get this, and applaud it, it’s you, Kong… if Rhule told him not to come and DR stayed at Georgia, you would have lost your crap about how dumb our coaches are for hoping for a flip that would never come.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
The kid was already here when Raiola made news. Do you tell the kid not to come just in case DR changes his mind and wants to come to Nebraska after all?
of course not

bird in the hand is worth 2 in kirby's bush

because the staff are literally throwing both onto the trash heap with this gigantic public display of an aggressive QB pursuit

they've met with everybody they possibly can, posted tons of pics, etc

all the "I'm proud of them, they can improve, etc." talk has completely evaporated and it's clear the staff have no plans for either of them here

Dylan is an incoming freshman with much more upside than any transfer. If the coaching staff was faced with either choosing McCord or Raiola, I think they made the right choice.
Maybe but I disagree

If I had a choice I would take a a returning starter who made a power 5 all conf team vs someone who has never played a college down

We were much more assured of getting well above average QB play next year with McCord than Raiola or any other QBs in the roster.

Look at all the other 5 ⭐️ QBs - through the years there are simply no guarantees

Arch Manning and Brock Huard’s kid aren’t setting the world on fire

Then why the drama from you?
what drama?

have you seen this place the last 2 days.

off-season - by far the best time to be a Husker fan. the rumors, the assumptions, the self-fellating. so much fun

here's hoping the news gets better this weekend

and double hoping we can still make a push for Howard

Reactions: huskerfan1414
because the staff are literally throwing both onto the trash heap with this gigantic public display of an aggressive QB pursuit

all the "I'm proud of them, they can improve, etc." talk has completely evaporated and it's clear the staff have no plans for either of them here
Yeah but they stink.

• Haha
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Exactly. He is most likely leaving OSU because he wasn’t guaranteed a starting job. He then comes here thinking he is a lock for a starting job given the talentless QB room we have. Then he is told DR is coming and no starting job is guaranteed and that it will be an open competition. He bolts.
May be right

what drama?

have you seen this place the last 2 days.

off-season - by far the best time to be a Husker fan. the rumors, the assumptions, the self-fellating. so much fun

here's hoping the news gets better this weekend

and double hoping we can still make a push for Howard
Doing what you always do… instead of trying to understand why Rhule would bring McCord in and then tell him we don’t have a spot do to DR being back in play, you stir the pot by attempting to paint the coaches in the worst light.

You may give credit where it is due, but you also can’t help but stir the pot when anything is questionable. It’s in your DNA.

Maybe but I disagree

If I had a choice I would take a a returning starter who made a power 5 all conf team vs a someone who has never played a college down

We were much more assured of getting well above average QB play next year with McCord than Raiola or any other QBs in the roster.

Look at all the other 5 ⭐️ QBs - through the years there are simply no guarantees
I don’t disagree with that way of thinking, but I could also say that McCord’s play was a product of the talent around him. I think the bottom line is, with Raiola NU could get three to four years out of him vs just one.

It’s a crap shoot regardless, dealing with diva QB’s will be the norm going forward every year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Doing what you always do… instead of trying to understand why Rhule would bring McCord in and then tell him we don’t have a spot do to DR being back in play, you stir the pot by attempting to paint the coaches in the worst light.

You may give credit where it is due, but you also can’t help but stir the pot when anything is questionable. It’s in your DNA.
Rhule did not bring mccord in just to tell him he's not welcome here

obviously.

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

much more likely mccord came in and saw satterfield working on his morning coloring book and laughed his way back to the airport

Do people think some of the decisions to come back - or not go into the portal of current players was based on the assumption that we would be much more competitive with a quality portal QB?

Right now our starting QB is a true freshman or someone already on roster. Seems like it could be another rough year given the more difficult schedule

Reactions: grimlock78
Do people think some of the decisions to come back - or not go into the portal was based on the assumption that we would be much more competitive with a quality portal QB?

Right now our starting QB is a true freshman or someone already on roster. Seems like it could be another rough year given the more difficult schedule
I’m hoping the staff is pretty damn confident that Raiola is a done deal, and also that Raiola is truly the generational talent they think he is.

So how many games do we lose next year because of freshman mistakes 🤔 Likely lots of growing pains before he gets things rolling.

Reactions: oldjar07

We need a major upgrade at the position. They can stay for the scholly and be backups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT