ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington

Sounds like he still graduates, just needs an academic redshirt year to qualify.

Merely graduating is not the point. He can graduate but if he does not have the required 16 credits in "core" classes it doesn't matter. A school can have lesser standards for graduation than the NCAA does. Only rigorous classes count such as Algebra 1 and higher, no art, vocational, adjusted classes, etc. Google is your friend.

Last edited:
This is all on Maurice. He knew the price to pay to get to play. I think he was just too cocky and thought he was God's gift to the world. Its time to move on...

Confidence and poor decision making are two different things entirely. Probably alot of people on this board also think that we need some (bad) dudes in order to get back on top.
We know that he was expelled from school but we're all assuming that this is or isn't criminal in nature. This would be a question for Coach Frost and not something to speculate on a message board.
I loved the kid's confidence. Agree with most that this looks like Blades part deux. However, there is a new staff in town so things are different admissions wise.
I'd prefer to defer to the Head Coach rather than rampant speculation.
It appears that Held is recruiting his ass off anyway which is a welcome sight as far as I'm concerned.
Question for the fellow recruitniks, were we taking three this year regardless of how this scenario turns out? TIA

Confidence and poor decision making are two different things entirely. Probably alot of people on this board also think that we need some (bad) dudes in order to get back on top.
We know that he was expelled from school but we're all assuming that this is or isn't criminal in nature. This would be a question for Coach Frost and not something to speculate on a message board.
I loved the kid's confidence. Agree with most that this looks like Blades part deux. However, there is a new staff in town so things are different admissions wise.
I'd prefer to defer to the Head Coach rather than rampant speculation.
It appears that Held is recruiting his ass off anyway which is a welcome sight as far as I'm concerned.
Question for the fellow recruitniks, were we taking three this year regardless of how this scenario turns out? TIA
Held improves NUs RB recruiting a kiloparsic or so. If NU helped him find a high school in CA, then they certainly haven’t dropped him.

We have to be creative with recruiting. This is creative.

The question is, does this kid get his head on straight. Time will tell.

Reactions: jeans15
Back to Maurice. I'm pretty confident that he will end up playing at Nebraska. Frost is committed to the kid and he and his staff will do everything they can to help him out.

Reactions: spinner4
Back to Maurice. I'm pretty confident that he will end up playing at Nebraska. Frost is committed to the kid and he and his staff will do everything they can to help him out.

I just read that story too. I hope so, because he looks to be a stud RB.

I am less concerned about getting him here than him being successful as a college student once he does arrive. So far, his track record is not stellar and you don't get to this point without leaving some holes in your education, determination outside the playing field and ability to adapt for your own best interests.

Reactions: baseball31ne
depending on the private school it isn't to hard to be expelled.

This is a very true statement as I have managed two private schools. Repeated dress code, disrespect of any kind, lack of self control, inappropriate language, absences, and there is an entire list of things that are common every day occurrences in public schools that many private schools have a low tolerance for.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
I wonder if we would try to place him at IWCC if he fails to qualify and/or get the waiver.

This is a very true statement as I have managed two private schools. Repeated dress code, disrespect of any kind, lack of self control, inappropriate language, absences, and there is an entire list of things that are common every day occurrences in public schools that many private schools have a low tolerance for.

I’ll go out on a limb and guess this isn’t a dress code issue. I also doubt they are going to expel this kid with a couple of weeks of school left for something minor.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I’ll go out on a limb and guess this isn’t a dress code issue. I also doubt they are going to expel this kid with a couple of weeks of school left for something minor.

Sure, but that wasn't the point originally brought up, it was that standards are much different at a private Christian School.

Okay....Just more pure conjecture on your part, more total BS to throw at the wall?
Have you ever attended a private school? There are some things those schools have zero tolerance for and it’s different for every school. TruHusker listed off several, speaking from experience it doesn’t matter if it’s 2 weeks or 2 semesters from graduation. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. A senior in at my school was expelled from smoking ditch weed growing adjacent to campus. He violated school rules. Zero tolerance
The Board voted, kid got to graduate somewhere else

Even if he still graduates, he won't have enough core classes to be eligible by NCAA standards. NU will have to apply for a waiver to the NCAA for him to enroll as a partial qualifier. This is similar to what the plan was for Blades last year.
depending on the number of core classes he might be able to pick those up in summer school.

Okay....Just more pure conjecture on your part, more total BS to throw at the wall?
Have you ever attended a private school? There are some things those schools have zero tolerance for and it’s different for every school. TruHusker listed off several, speaking from experience it doesn’t matter if it’s 2 weeks or 2 semesters from graduation. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. A senior in at my school was expelled from smoking ditch weed growing adjacent to campus. He violated school rules. Zero tolerance
The Board voted, kid got to graduate somewhere else

I have plenty of experience dealing with private schools, thanks.

If it was something as trivial as a repeated dress code violations, I can promise you the kid and his family would be all over social media complaining about it. The fact that they aren’t, tells you that it was something more serious than dress code violations.

As I said, 99% of the people who do this for a living, have stated he was on track to graduate from TCA and get to Nebraska by the fall. Now he isn’t.

To me, this is simply another case of people wanting to believe it is something small to keep hope alive.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I have plenty of experience dealing with private schools, thanks.

If it was something as trivial as a repeated dress code violations, I can promise you the kid and his family would be all over social media complaining about it. The fact that they aren’t, tells you that it was something more serious than dress code violations.

As I said, 99% of the people who do this for a living, have stated he was on track to graduate from TCA and get to Nebraska by the fall. Now he isn’t.

To me, this is simply another case of people wanting to believe it is something small to keep hope alive.
Not sure where you get 99%.

According to this article teams backed off from Washington before signing day due to grade issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT