ADVERTISEMENT

Husker BBall Recruit - Nick Janowski (4 star)

HUSKERBILL

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2001
Just became Pewaukees all time leading scorer last night. Scored 45 points on 21 shots. Do that math.

Mind you Pewaukee has had multiple D1 kids come through recently. Milan Momcilivic is tearing it up for Iowa state as a freshman and went to Pewaukee. Nick was the better player last year despite Milan being ranked so high and a year older

Nick will play early at NU. Won’t redshirt. Was ranked 20th in the country a year ago. Dropped after an average summer on the eybl circuit. He’s a baller with high energy

Thanks for a new and original topic of conversation Bill. I wish I had more add to this, but the kid is definitely a baller, can’t wait to see him in Red. Also, if this team makes the tourney, and gawd forbid, wins a game… We will be the media darlings of the NCAA tourney. They will gush over Tominaga (especially if he plays well) and Fred could potentially reel in a couple top recruiting classes off of the hype. It’s crunch time fellas, these boys need to find their legs and their guts and finish strong. Teams that can grind in February become champions in March.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
He will be a nice replacement for Tominaga.

Desperately need to find a point guard in the transfer portal, though. And another big man.

That’s really the only thing this team is missing. A point guard who can control and dictate the tempo and flow of a game. Not a lot of teams have that piece these days, but the ones that do will advance in the tourney. NBA has become hyper focused on dominant wing players you can bothe defend and score from the perimeter. (Rightly so) But in college and especially the NCAA tournament, a dominant PG is essential.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
Just became Pewaukees all time leading scorer last night. Scored 45 points on 21 shots. Do that math.

Mind you Pewaukee has had multiple D1 kids come through recently. Milan Momcilivic is tearing it up for Iowa state as a freshman and went to Pewaukee. Nick was the better player last year despite Milan being ranked so high and a year older

Nick will play early at NU. Won’t redshirt. Was ranked 20th in the country a year ago. Dropped after an average summer on the eybl circuit. He’s a baller with high energy
Damn, how many free throws did he shoot in that game?

How about poaching Frankie Fidler from Omaha when season ends? 19.7 PPG. Very sound 3-baller. He’s not a PG, but he is a scorer. Bonus points for the name!!!!!
I think he's ready to move up to a P5 program.

Reactions: tstaup

Is he a legit 6'3" or one of those guys with inflated height? And would you happen to know his FG% and 3PFG%?

Would love to get excited about him but dropping down after you face much stiffer competition on the national level puts a damper on things.

Is he a legit 6'3" or one of those guys with inflated height? And would you happen to know his FG% and 3PFG%?

Would love to get excited about him but dropping down after you face much stiffer competition on the national level puts a damper on things.
He’s legit height. At least a talllll 6’2”. Put together well. Built enough to play now for the Huskers.

I don’t know his stats but could probably get them. I’m guessing he’s 52% FG and around 44% from the arc.

He didn’t play poorly last summer. He’s honestly a “I’ll take over when I need to” type of kid. And the team he played on was loaded with D1 talent. I think his drop was MASSIVELY unfair.

I’ll be seeing him live in about 2 weeks

Looking forward to your thoughts after you see him live

Good thread, OP

Fred doesn’t take many HS kids but has done pretty well with the ones he’s brought here despite his abysmal on-court record

Sure would be nice to win a couple in the conf tourney and make the dance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT