ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think Hoosiers were flagged today

Overall the officiating was terrible, we benefitted a couple times too, just not on penalties but a no call or two, they just got more no calls.

I have never seen a flag thrown for intentional grounding where the ball was almost caught by the receiver. Luckily sanity prevailed in that instance. It kind of reminded me of the A&M game when the refs really had it out for us and they threw a flag for "Roughing The Passer" on a sack.

The last two plays were unbelievable that no holding was called!.... Maurice got pulled down, and Freedom got completely spun around by the shoulder pads. Blatantly obvious holds that we're not called! It was pretty bad I will agree but a Win is a Win and we are 6-0. Now we have to run the ball down Purdues throats to get part of our offense figured out before Wisconsin & Ohio State! GO BIG RED

I hope Coach doesn't let this go because we won! It is imparitive to send a tape and complaint to the B1G headquarters. This conference has so much money to get the best refs available. These ass clowns were a disgrace to our conference. I saw better refereeing at my sons sixth grade game this morning!

Reactions: brnred58
Indiana did get flagged at least once that I remember...

Was also blown away that our defensive tackle was called for defensive holding... never ever seen that before.

The most ridiculous penalty call I have ever witnessed.

Reactions: timnsun
The offensive PI on us was a joke. And it was criminal they didn't flag the IU CB on that second down inside the 5 before the blocked kick...he held down one of Morgan's arms

The offensive PI on us was a joke. And it was criminal they didn't flag the IU CB on that second down inside the 5 before the blocked kick...he held down one of Morgan's arms
We got called on an absolute BS hold that led to that blocked punt too but the worst by far was they called defensive holding on Maurice, on a running play!

The most ridiculous penalty call I have ever witnessed.
According to Section 3, Article 4, Paragraph d. - Defensive players may not use hands and arms to tackle, hold or otherwise illegally obstruct an opponent other than a runner.

Not that I have ever seen it called before.

But they realized how completely piss-poor that flag was, and picked it up.
True but refs are EXTREMELY hesitant to call intentional grounding in the first place. And they have to conference after throwing it when an eligible recievers touched the ball.
On the play it was called i think newby might have been close iirc.

Haven't re-watched it yet, but it looked like MRI was blocked in the back right in front of the back on IU's last td.
I rewound to watch that during the game and yes. It was a blatant block in the back. MRI would have blown up the play so it definitely had an effect and should have been flagged. It was in the open and obvious as could be no reason they missed it.

the no calls the last two plays of the game were hilarious. The offensive PI on Reilly was a complete joke - he basically did nothing on that play. Anybody able to see what happened on the deep ball Tommy threw to Moore that landed in the end zone? Moore went nuts, but the contact or hold had to have been before we were able to see on tv.

The confusion on the defensive holding penalty (my guess) was due to Ed Cunningham's idiotic statement that Maurice had held a pulling guard from getting out to block, when in fact I'm sure he probably held the back that was trying to slip out into a check down route. Ed had a rough night, I think he dropped his Hoosier's megaphone at the half.

Reactions: timnsun
According to Section 3, Article 4, Paragraph d. - Defensive players may not use hands and arms to tackle, hold or otherwise illegally obstruct an opponent other than a runner.

Not that I have ever seen it called before.

I've seen it called a few times every year. Basically, the defensive linemen are keeping the offensive lineman from making it to the second level to block downfield. I didn't see the actual play in this instance, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the call.

True but refs are EXTREMELY hesitant to call intentional grounding in the first place. And they have to conference after throwing it when an eligible recievers touched the ball.

The ball touched his hands, and those tool bags still called it. Couldn't believe how inept they were

The last part is something people have not mentioned. On the intentional grounding that was called on us, it appeared that Newby was in the area and that call should not have been made against us.

I thought the refs were pretty awful all day but also found it very ironic that they gave us a good spot on Tommy's QB sneak on 4th and 1 where he dropped the ball and the fumble by Newby later (that could have gone either way) where they called him down before he lost the ball. Whew!

I had a few beers in me, so I chalked all the bs calls up to that and bias. But there were several times I was screaming at the tv about the no calls on IU OL holding. And some of the non PI calls on IU secondary. Yet, they were ticky tack with NU'd secondary. Hmmm...

The confusion on the defensive holding penalty (my guess) was due to Ed Cunningham's idiotic statement that Maurice had held a pulling guard from getting out to block, when in fact I'm sure he probably held the back that was trying to slip out into a check down route. Ed had a rough night, I think he dropped his Hoosier's megaphone at the half.
I've said it before: I do not want ed targetingham calling another Nebraska game. Ever. That's pretty much his go-to when he runs out of his other Edisms.

Guy's a dolt. I think he has either watched Concussion too many times, or, more than likely, he got smacked by defensive players way too often during his cfb career. He has too much to say. If his mouth was as active during his playing career, as a defensive player, I would've wanted to abuse him as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT