ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers travel to Ioway City as 4.5 dogs

This is the game historical nebraska loses.
Big game here. Are the Nebraska “next-years” a thing of the past?
I know exactly what you mean. This team sure looks different than most (almost all) NU basketball teams; but I still expect the clock to strike midnight at any moment and they turn back into a pumpkin.

Would be a very nice W, but not needed.
Fran still can't believe we beat them twice last season. He will try to have his players amped up since they need this game badly. Plus the alcohol consumed in Iowa City tonight before tipoff will be excessive. This will definitely be the toughest game of the next three for the Huskers. Iowa will try to turn the game into a track meet and we need to slow down the pace with defense and rebounding to sneak out a "W".

Man, I totally feel like this is an Iowa win. Not sure how I will bet it yet, but, it seems like that is the play.

Weather will be brutal will there even be a home court advantage?
I would bet there is less than 3000 there. Still cleaning up from the snow on Tuesday and now already had plenty today and winds are supposed to gust up to 45 mph. Will be a white out.

I would bet there is less than 3000 there. Still cleaning up from the snow on Tuesday and now already had plenty today and winds are supposed to gust up to 45 mph. Will be a white out.
So happy to be out of Iowa City. Especially in the winter. And I grew up in Nebraska. The weather in Iowa is just a hair worse, as hard as that is to believe. And IC is the Banana Belt compared to Crapids, Waterloo and anything north or Hwy 30.

Great cultural venues, and if you're into it, the Hawkeyes, but dog awful winters.

FWIW, 48 and cloudy here in Baltimore.

Sorry, not sorry.

So a typical Iowa game?

iu

What? YUGE overreaction. It’s tough to win on the road and Iowa is around 50 in KenPom so they are no slouch.
It has less to do with that and more to do with nebraska being nebraska.

If we lose this game we wont make the tourney. Im not saying we couldnt still make the tourney, Im saying we wont.

It has less to do with that and more to do with nebraska being nebraska.

If we lose this game we wont make the tourney. Im not saying we couldnt still make the tourney, Im saying we wont.
True but Nebraska being Nebraska doesn’t beat #1 ranked teams along with beating msu and ksu on the road.

Beating the #1 team and getting everyones hopes up only to finish with 18 wins is like the most nebraska thing nebraska can do.

Lets just plan on doing what big boy teams do tonight and win a game we should.
I sure hope so, but I won’t panic if they lose. Now if they drop the next two to Rutgers and NW then yeah I’ll start to worry.. but tonight’s game in a vacuum isn’t a must win

Reactions: scarletred
Huskers essentially in multiple 4-game stretches in January and February. They need to go at least 2-2 in all of them, and any 3-1 mark provides a little cushion for future mini-stretches. A win tonight certainly helps in case there is a future lull.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Let's go boys. Seems kind of odd they are dogs, but we do suck on the road.
We suck on the road? How exactly? Cause we lost to a 12-3 (3-1) Minnesota team on the road? A top 10 Wisconsin Team? We also beat a 12-3 Kansas State on the road by 16? Those are our 3 road games and nothing there says we SUCK at road games

We suck on the road? How exactly? Cause we lost to a 12-3 (3-1) Minnesota team on the road? A top 10 Wisconsin Team? We also beat a 12-3 Kansas State on the road by 16? Those are our 3 road games and nothing there says we SUCK at road games
Maybe he meant historically? But historically we've just plain sucked.

Glad the Huskers made it safely to I.C. Carver will be dead in regard to fan support, (Worse than normal). I took Nebraska and the points, The Huskers are the better team. I know I am supposed to hate the Huskers but I am honestly happy to see Fred having success, Classy guy.
Hope all of you are surviving the storms Ok, It’s been pretty nasty here in central Iowa today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT