ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have one player that would start for UM?

Maybe Fidone, maybe Grant or Kemp. Possibly Nash, but I definitely can’t say one player that I 100% believe would start for UM. So no I guess, yeah nobody really…

I'm not certain.
GBR
No. The talent differential is on display. Nebraska has made mistakes like those irritating false starts, but you can't overcome this much of a talent disparity with coaching. NU has to pull in more 4 and 5 star players.

I’m sure some guys could. The coaching and development are tops in the country there. Let’s just hope Rhule can rebuild a team that can score on them

This question comes up every single time Nebraska shows its complete inferiority to an opponent.
Callahan's final year every single person on here was adamant, that that roster didn't have a single player on it that could start for a single one of Nebraska's opponents that they lost to. Two years later, while comprised of many of those players, it was one of the best defenses in Nebraska history.
So the only way you're gonna have an answer, is if you take this entire roster from the time they were true freshman, and have them go through the exact same S&C, coaching, and development, that all of the Michigan players have gone through.
But since that's kind of impossible to do, all you're going to be able to say, is "maybe maybe not".

This question comes up every single time Nebraska shows its complete inferiority to an opponent.
Callahan's final year every single person on here was adamant, that that roster didn't have a single player on it that could start for a single one of Nebraska's opponents that they lost to. Two years later, while comprised of many of those players, it was one of the best defenses in Nebraska history.
So the only way you're gonna have an answer, is if you take this entire roster from the time they were true freshman, and have them go through the exact same S&C, coaching, and development, that all of the Michigan players have gone through.
But since that's kind of impossible to do, all you're going to be able to say, is "maybe maybe not".
So, you're saying bring Bill Callahan back? ;)

That and invest heavily in our NIL program so we can get the caliber of players like Ohio State and Michigan have.
Cally put TALENT into our program. Coaching matters, and his staff was poor, no one ever said otherwise, but it’s MONEY that brings talent, and it’s BY FAR the most influential variable. We lack TALENT, and we’re only ever gonna get what we want by paying for it. Literally nothing else matters until that happens:

Ben Scott, Nash, and probably Reimer
Junior Colson - MLB was 2nd team all conference last year - so no way Reimer starts

Michigan’s center was at Stanford last year and made an all conf team - Ben Scott played in the same conference last year and did not - your 0-2

Michigan’s NT backed up a 1st round draft pick last year. Hutmacher didn’t beat out Stephon Wynn. I’m giving the strong edge to Michigan’s NT

Last edited:
Junior Colson - MLB was 2nd team all conference last year - so no way Reimer starts

Michigan’s center was at Stanford last year and made an all conf team - Ben Scott played in the same conference last year and did not - your 0-2

Michigan’s NT backed up a 1st round draft pick last year. Hutmacher didn’t beat out Stephon Wynn. I’m giving the strong edge to Michigan’s NT
All 3 players I listed would start. At least try to actually watch football. I played college football and coach the game.

Either way we embarrassed ourselves and none of this matters.

I know Rhule wants to be the developer of undiscovered kids. TO did it extremely well, but it's different now and I'm not sure that is going to work. You can develop skills, but you have to recruit talent. Barry Switzer had it right...it's not about X's & O's, it's about Jimmy's & Joe's. We just need to get a bunch of Jimmy's and Joe's and invest in their talent.

That and invest heavily in our NIL program so we can get the caliber of players like Ohio State and Michigan have.

Michigan's NIL money is used to keep proven players from transferring away. Michigan so far has not used NIL money to attract recruits. Ohio State and Penn State use NIL money for recruiting.

Michigan's NIL money is used to keep proven players from transferring away. Michigan so far has not used NIL money to attract recruits. Ohio State and Penn State use NIL money for recruiting.
They probably use it for their AC helmets too. Was on full display yesterday

I know Rhule wants to be the developer of undiscovered kids. TO did it extremely well, but it's different now and I'm not sure that is going to work. You can develop skills, but you have to recruit talent. Barry Switzer had it right...it's not about X's & O's, it's about Jimmy's & Joe's. We just need to get a bunch of Jimmy's and Joe's and invest in their talent.
You also just don't get the time you once did. Kids can transfer without sitting out and will do it more than once with the waivers being approved for any old reason. The days of a player sticking with it and working his way up the depth chart are going away. These days if a kid isn't starting or just sees a better NIL deal elsewhere he's gone.

I am encouraged by some of the younger guys, but the upper classmen are Frost guys and they are not good enough by a long shot.
Quit blaming Frost. You’ll blame Rhule in 3 years when he’s gone. We’re 5 or 6 coaches deep and Everton lanes the previous coach. See politics. We’re the new Minn or Iowa. Accept it or you’ll be disappointed. Mid 3* U is real. Parity hit us harder than any school and it’s not changing.

Announcers made an interesting comment yesterday that Harberg use to have 3 & 4 star players, now he has 4 & 5 star players and coaches them up. So doesn’t matter how good a coach you are if you don’t have the talent. I think the #1 quality in a great coach is being able to recruit the elite talent and then make them even better.

Quit blaming Frost. You’ll blame Rhule in 3 years when he’s gone. We’re 5 or 6 coaches deep and Everton lanes the previous coach. See politics. We’re the new Minn or Iowa. Accept it or you’ll be disappointed. Mid 3* U is real. Parity hit us harder than any school and it’s not changing.
Take that loser mentality back to the iowa board.

We shouldn't have to worry about Michigan trying to poach any of our players after this game.
Hey. Maybe our players can go watch a few of Michigan's practices and they can learn some new things that our coaches don't know how to teach. Especially the O-line.

Announcers made an interesting comment yesterday that Harberg use to have 3 & 4 star players, now he has 4 & 5 star players and coaches them up. So doesn’t matter how good a coach you are if you don’t have the talent. I think the #1 quality in a great coach is being able to recruit the elite talent and then make them even better.
ie. Dion Sanders. Interesting when I googled him he came up after typing in Dion. Rule didn't come up even after I typed in Matt Rule. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT