ADVERTISEMENT

Darnay Holmes

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
So with this comment is it down to Nebraska and Ohio St?

"I think my greatest skill is that I can take in whatever is given to me and then play the game with confidence.

Away from the field, it’s been great—a lot of jokes and laughing and spending time with new faces and bonding.

Nobody has been trying to persuade me. I’m not too worried about that. We’re friends and not forcing someone to go to a school they don’t want to. Everyone needs to make the best decision for them.

I’m feeling good about announcing Saturday. I’m waiting for my mom to come in to town to make the final decision.

"My plan is to head back to California after this and then go to my college. I’m not packed yet. I can always go shopping when I get to whatever school I go to. I’ll be back home for graduation in the summer."

Wherever I go, I want to play on special teams, for sure, but it will be more defense and then a few plays on offense."

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/army-all-american-bowl-diary-darnay-holmes-recruiting-calabasas

"I think my greatest skill is that I can take in whatever is given to me and then play the game with confidence.

Away from the field, it’s been great—a lot of jokes and laughing and spending time with new faces and bonding.

Nobody has been trying to persuade me. I’m not too worried about that. We’re friends and not forcing someone to go to a school they don’t want to. Everyone needs to make the best decision for them.

I’m feeling good about announcing Saturday. I’m waiting for my mom to come in to town to make the final decision.

"My plan is to head back to California after this and then go to my college. I’m not packed yet. I can always go shopping when I get to whatever school I go to. I’ll be back home for graduation in the summer."

Wherever I go, I want to play on special teams, for sure, but it will be more defense and then a few plays on offense."

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/army-all-american-bowl-diary-darnay-holmes-recruiting-calabasas

I think he'd have to pack before he goes to any college

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'm confused. Is he an early enrollee? Why would he be going to college already? And if he is, classes start almost everywhere on Monday. He is going to be late getting there and going through the admissions process.

Also, I think we're reading too much into the quote in any case. Regardless of where he goes he is going to have to "pack" and go away from his home to college. College is not in his house, right? ;)

Thanks for the update, though, and I do welcome the optimism.

I agree that it sounds like he is leaving LA, but this line makes me think that his destination is not Lincoln:

"We’re friends and not forcing someone to go to a school they don’t want to. Everyone needs to make the best decision for them."

Reactions: brianm1202
I agree that it sounds like he is leaving LA, but this line makes me think that his destination is not Lincoln:

"We’re friends and not forcing someone to go to a school they don’t want to. Everyone needs to make the best decision for them."
I kinda got that feeling too... I updated my prediction to Ohio St.

But... Maybe he is going to Nebraska and no one is giving him s*** for it. That could also be what he meant, but we will find out Sunday

"I’ll be back home for graduation in the summer."

This just doesn't sound like he is going to a school that is 20 miles away in UCLA or 30 Miles away in USC

I put this in another thread. Darnay wandering off the reservation?

Family of Darnay Holmes stressed, excited, not in agreement ahead of Sat. decision (VIP): http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Darick-Holmes-Weve-got-to-come-to-a-mutual-agreement-50313034… #Huskers #USC #OSU #UCLApic.twitter.com/b2UprXCYqV

C1b306qUcAEbA-7.jpg

I was a little let down by the Gebbia interview on 1620 last night. He seemed out of it, unenthused or something. He said he wishes Darnay good luck wherever he goes because they are good friends, so he dodged the question, but his whole general down attitude made me think Darnay said goodbye.

I put this in another thread. Darnay wandering off the reservation?

Family of Darnay Holmes stressed, excited, not in agreement ahead of Sat. decision (VIP): http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Darick-Holmes-Weve-got-to-come-to-a-mutual-agreement-50313034… #Huskers #USC #OSU #UCLApic.twitter.com/b2UprXCYqV

C1b306qUcAEbA-7.jpg
Remember this?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_9c5b88c0-8fe7-11e6-85b0-5bcdc1bebbd5.html

It's all coming together folks. I kept thinking it was Calvin, but he is not an early commitment

I still think he stays on the west coast because of the girlfriend...he would be a hell of a get though.....best talent on that Calabasas team ...Bookie is legit too but he is going to IMG for his senior year

Based on the interview he gave the other day, he is going to Ohio State. When he was asked about his final four, he went on and on about Ohio State and barely said two words about the rest of his choices.

Based on the interview he gave the other day, he is going to Ohio State. When he was asked about his final four, he went on and on about Ohio State and barely said two words about the rest of his choices.
Ummmm... you know that video was done by an Ohio State reporter right.

He is going to be a Nebraska Cornhusker and he is going to be Jaevon McQuitty's roommate... Just put two and two together and you will be right where I am at

I am finding all of this comical. And I am not being condescending since I am part of the comedy. Admit it folks... none of us have a f$cking idea where any of these uncommitted guys are going.

And you know who else doesn't know? All the click bait nitwits with their crystal ball tweets and bullshit trending charts. Lol

Now to be honest he doesn't have any friends at the Army AA game committed to Nebraska...yet (hopefully)

Yah for some reason, I don't see how McQuitty is going to be his roommate when Darnay and KJJ or Gebbia are basically married.

I am finding all of this comical. And I am not being condescending since I am part of the comedy. Admit it folks... none of us have a f$cking idea where any of these uncommitted guys are going.

And you know who else doesn't know? All the click bait nitwits with their crystal ball tweets and bullshit trending charts. Lol
Oh it is comical alright............... but I do think Holmes is going to be a Nebraska Cornhusker this Saturday

It would be pretty dang fantastic if we landed about 6 or 8 of these high value targets. But ya, we won't know until the recruits tell us something.

It would be pretty dang fantastic if we landed about 6 or 8 of these high value targets. But ya, we won't know until the recruits tell us something.
If we get 6 to 8 of these high end recruits I will commission a giant statue of Mike Riley to be made and then petition the governor to have it placed next to the sower on the capital building.

Edit: or at least on the new license plate instead of the Sower. Ha

He is going to be a Nebraska Cornhusker and he is going to be Jaevon McQuitty's roommate

McQuitty has stated he's rooming with Gebbia & KJJ. Originally he wasn't sure, then said a silent commit then switched to Avery Roberts and three weeks ago said TG & KJJ.

This doesn't predict anything on Holmes, just sharing what JMQ has publicly stated.

First, we need JMQ enrolled, he's not in the directory as of this morning.

Isnt this most likely just a decision on weather he goes to OSU or UCLA? I kind of feel like Schaffer is pissing on our heads and trying to tell us it is raining.

what makes you think dad likes Nebraska? Isn't he close with the UCLA DC? Plus he origionally didn't even list us in Darnay's Top 4.

what makes you think dad likes Nebraska? Isn't he close with the UCLA DC? Plus he origionally didn't even list us in Darnay's Top 4.
It is entirely possible that we are not in Darnay's top 4. But we are his dad's favorite. His dad was just being honest when he said we are not in Darnay's top four. So Darnay having our hat in the ring for his announcement may just be him being nice to his dad.

I agree, no one knows. Darnay's N. Ain't no doubt.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
My thoughts are his dad wants him somewhere other than Nebraska, but he wants to be a Husker.

I wonder how pissed people would be if we only get 1 verbal on Saturday.

I was a little let down by the Gebbia interview on 1620 last night. He seemed out of it, unenthused or something. He said he wishes Darnay good luck wherever he goes because they are good friends, so he dodged the question, but his whole general down attitude made me think Darnay said goodbye.

Im thinking Nebraska. Didnt KJJ tweet something about silent commits not too long ago? They are playing everyone right now. Go big red baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT