ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern mocks Keisei Tominaga after 3 pointers

huskerick

Oct 24, 2001
a couple of times. Keisei is often animated after he shoots a successful 3-point shot. His excitement is organic. Two different NW players thought it was important to imitate Tominaga. To me, it's on the Northwestern coach and players. In football, it'd be a 15 yard penalty for taunting! I just lost a lot of respect for the "smart school" in the conference!
Go Big Red!

They’re not a “smart school” when it comes to athletics. If they actually stuck to their own admission standards for athletes they wouldn’t ever be competitive in the B1G.

That’s what pisses me off about schools like Stanford, Michigan, Northwestern and Duke. They tout their ability to recruit despite their “high admission” standards when everyone knows those standards don’t apply to their scholarship athletes. If you’re a top recruit and you can manage to graduate from HS Michigan will get you in, period.

a couple of times. Keisei is often animated after he shoots a successful 3-point shot. His excitement is organic. Two different NW players thought it was important to imitate Tominaga. To me, it's on the Northwestern coach and players. In football, it'd be a 15 yard penalty for taunting! I just lost a lot of respect for the "smart school" in the conference!
Go Big Red!
68a9f354-4a1d-4c76-954a-eb351771ef32_text.gif

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Michigan lets players in that don't meet the standards. NW really doesn't.

And Tominaga might have an organic energy after making a shot but I mean, come on.

Reactions: Cataria
That’s what pisses me off about schools like Stanford, Michigan, Northwestern and Duke. They tout their ability to recruit despite their “high admission” standards when everyone knows those standards don’t apply to their scholarship athletes. If you’re a top recruit and you can manage to graduate from HS Michigan will get you in, period.
Yep-thus the admissions scandal where actors/actresses kid were fake athletes in minor sports to get into big schools….

Tominaga plays with a lot of emotion and he should expect a little payback from time to time. I doubt he has any complaints about what the NW players did.
Yep, and if you are going to play with that kind of emotion you need to back it up most nights and the road is going to be an ugly place for you.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Go Big Red!
This is what made you lose respect for NW?

Yep-thus the admissions scandal where actors/actresses kid were fake athletes in minor sports to get into big schools….
Sure but you are talking about a super tiny % of the student population in that very specific example.

By the way, that documentary on that scandal is awesome!

Go Big Red!
Since when do the official call a taunting personal foul in football anymore? Except on Nebraska

• Love
Reactions: huskerfan66
Its players talking trash, don't think coach has any say on it. If NW players came out and said that Keisei's mom was a bad driver, then the coach would probably have to say something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT