ADVERTISEMENT

Darnay Holmes

I wonder how pissed people would be if we only get 1 verbal on Saturday.
According to the recruiting "experts" that is all we are getting. I really feel good about this recruiting class and what it will be. I am not feeling the Sarell commitment as much as I did Yesterday, but feel better about Holmes.

Im thinking Nebraska. Didnt KJJ tweet something about silent commits not too long ago? They are playing everyone right now. Go big red baby.

17-18 year olds have entire fan bases in the palm of their hands. All they have to do is send out a cryptic tweet and thousands of people go nuts. It is all about the number of Twitter followers.

What it must be like to be a high profile athlete in 2017. Winking

Based on the interview he gave the other day, he is going to Ohio State. When he was asked about his final four, he went on and on about Ohio State and barely said two words about the rest of his choices.

This one was done by a Nebraska reporter... You will see the difference

Reactions: resdog851
Yah for some reason, I don't see how McQuitty is going to be his roommate when Darnay and KJJ or Gebbia are basically married.
If they're basically married then Holmes would chose Nebraska Saturday. We shall see how married they really are

If I had to bet, I'd take Ohio State too but the one thing that keeps it interesting is his desire to make a difference in his first year. I don't know Ohio State's defensive backfield situation but the guys they had this year were salty.

Reactions: donahues17
I don't think so
From people close to the situation, dad wants Darnay to get out of LA and if he does wants him to go to Nebraska. If he stays in the area he wants him to go to UCLA. Dad is not against Nebraska at all.

I wish the kid the best of luck no matter where he goes. He seems like a good kid with a great attitude. I enjoy these guessing games to see what you can dissect from audio clips. You bet I would be excited to have him in Lincoln but no I wont be upset if he doesn't come here like some others will be. With that said:

I still think he is N. He made the comment that KJSr told him not to stress about it and to go where he can be an immediate impact on the defensive and offensive side of the ball (I would guess that tOSU would have some pretty good talent on both, well above our level currently anyways). He then mentioned he likes the thought of the new DB coach being a top notch coach and with Williams coaching the WR's as well. Well that puts the both offensive and defensive sides of the ball into play.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I'm expecting 0 commitments on Saturday. If we get some, I'll be ecstatic. If we don't get any, I won't feel suicidal. Unfortunately, when it comes down to Neb vs tOSU, we lose that battle about 97% of the time. I'm leaning Darnay to tOSU

Maybe there is an online poll all of us can vote at for hours upon hours that will sway his opinion to attend Nebraska. Or we can have thousands and thousands of new people start following him on Twitter and maybe that will do it. Whatever it takes... #GBR Winking

Last edited:
It's that magical time of year when you can't tell the guys who actually have some good connections to the program from dudes taking wild guesses and literally every possible prediction gets tossed out there on every remaining recruit.

Signing day can't get here fast enough...

It was stated during a recruiting update that he did send filled out paperwork to all four of his finalists.

Why he'd be in our directory and not someone elses is anyone's guess. We could be "it". It could be that UNL is the smallest of the four schools, and just has their **** together in an administrative office somewhere. Or that our football academic integration is just that much tighter, or whatever.

It was stated during a recruiting update that he did send filled out paperwork to all four of his finalists.

Why he'd be in our directory and not someone elses is anyone's guess. We could be "it". It could be that UNL is the smallest of the four schools, and just has their **** together in an administrative office somewhere. Or that our football academic integration is just that much tighter, or whatever.

That is fine and dandy, but unless you are an actually going to be a student you would not be listed in the directory.

Man it is unbelievable how far some people will go to deny legit information

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Or it could be somebody's sick joke. Or Russian hackers.
I don't think it's a joke, he is in the directory. But I'm not sure it is much of a sign that he isn't in the other schools directories, that could just be how we operate. Anyway you aren't a student until class starts. Fingers crossed

Reactions: otismotis08
That is fine and dandy, but unless you are an actually going to be a student you would not be listed in the directory.

I'm not trying to deny it. There are plausible reasons he could be in there, for anyone who has ever served in a State or Federal bureaucracy.

Love to have Darnay here. And I don't even care who gets credit for predicting it or not.

Do you by chance have a source for that? I can't find anything about it with a google search.
Sorry, I want to say it was on one of the 1620 show podcasts (Morning or Afternoon show) or Land of 10 interviews. The fact he doesn't show up on other school's registrar is awesome.

If you've ever worked anyplace with any kind of customer/student/member database you should know that this doesn't necessarily indicate anything. Particularly if you've ever had somebody died and needed to get them OUT of a database, you'll know that the correlation between real life and what some institution's database records show is not super strong.

He filed paperwork at 4 schools and we put his name in a database. It means nothing until he says where he's going to go play.

This is about as reliable as the "Duncan Aviation" posts we used to get back in the day about coaching candidates.

Also, it's weird that you guys are trawling these schools' student directories.

I'm not trying to deny it. There are plausible reasons he could be in there, for anyone who has ever served in a State or Federal bureaucracy.

Love to have Darnay here. And I don't even care who gets credit for predicting it or not.
I work for the State of Iowa... I didn't show up in their directory until the end of the fiscal year

I work for the State of Iowa... I didn't show up in their directory until the end of the fiscal year
If you've ever worked anyplace with any kind of customer/student/member database you should know that this doesn't necessarily indicate anything. Particularly if you've ever had somebody died and needed to get them OUT of a database, you'll know that the correlation between real life and what some institution's database records show is not super strong.

He filed paperwork at 4 schools and we put his name in a database. It means nothing until he says where he's going to go play.

This is about as reliable as the "Duncan Aviation" posts we used to get back in the day about coaching candidates.

Also, it's weird that you guys are trawling these schools' student directories.
See my above post... I did not get hired and just start showing up on their directory. I started showing up after the end of the fiscal year. Sorry guys I just don't buy your arguments. Also someone please show me where it was said he filed out his paperwork for all 4 schools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT