ADVERTISEMENT

Darnay Holmes

See my above post... I did not get hired and just start showing up on their directory. I started showing up after the end of the fiscal year. Sorry guys I just don't buy your arguments. Also someone please show me where it was said he filed out his paperwork for all 4 schools

It for sure was on a 1620 radio broadcast. That's where I heard it as they were doing inteviews with a recruiting analyst.

It had to be done that way because he's going to basically announce and be on campus 24 hours later. Classes start Monday.

See my above post... I did not get hired and just start showing up on their directory. I started showing up after the end of the fiscal year. Sorry guys I just don't buy your arguments. Also someone please show me where it was said he filed out his paperwork for all 4 schools
Saturday this will all come to resolution. Also, nobody is arguing anything, we're just trying to clarify from what we heard national analyst quote. Unfortunately I don't have time to listen to the links and point to the right direction. Also, I'm not trying to kill any excitement. I honestly believe he filed paperwork at all 4 schools, and honestly believe he wants to make a decision with the advice of family. What that means for NU, have no freaking clue, but hope he chooses NU.

The one quote he gives from the story that Schaefer said he could use is:
(From Darnay's dad) "Darnay has my personality, because even when something is going on you won't know but this is wearing on him. He's torn. THere is a lot to it. There is a place I feel he should be. There is a place where his Mom feels he should be. And there is a place he feels he should be. But we've got to come to a mutual agreement. For us as a family that will come in the next day or so."

From another forum.

Hey, if it works, it works. We could be the common ground, if we're not universally the first choice.

but unless you are an actually going to be a student you would not be listed in the directory.

At UNL, once you submit your paperwork and are accepted, you're in the directory. It doesn't mean he's coming to Nebraska, it means his paperwork has been received and accepted.

Reactions: shine003
Hoping Nebraska has enough things going for us to get his commitment. If not Nebraska, like Schaefer said on 1620 yesterday, hopefully it is USC. That way he takes a spot that might get filled and no longer open for a Greg Johnson or Lenoir.

Reactions: The.Bear.Lib
If he has financial aide for this semester,I don't think he can file at all 4 schools. There would be a penalty of some sort
He couldn't accept financial aide, but he could appy. I know all the Stanford recruits apply to make sure they will be accepted before they commit.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
things you learn on a gossip board.... LOL
Yeah this is exactly the kind of soap opera recruiting sites live for. I can only imagine how many subscriptions Rivals has sold the past couple days.

For comparison sake... thinking maybe Ohio State does it differently as some suggested

I looked these two up for Ohio St.

J.K. Dobbins and Baron Browning — each of whom are enrolling early with Ohio State

They both show up... Darnay Holmes still does not

https://www.osu.edu/findpeople/
Now that is interesting. Please stop getting our hopes up. Too many AA Game/signing day heartbreaks.

What would the comments on this board look like if Holmes showed up as enrolled at tOSU but nowhere else?

They may show up because all of their financial paperwork and all that is already in. If I was a big time recruit and wanted to come to Nebraska I would mess with us fans so much haha.

With all this hub-bub, he has new become a "must get".
Look I know nothing is a guarantee in life, but I will tell you this much. There are more signs pointing to him being a Husker than an Ohio St. Buckeye

Also "IF" Darnay Holmes does indeed select Nebraska... I officially want the "Crystal Ball" predictions to stop being the END ALL BE ALL for you guys.

December 27th I wrote this and damn it will feel good to be right, but it would also equally hurt just as bad if I was wrong

I'm going to bring out the non pessimistic big red22

Looking at that board, and seeing 5 CB's that are highly rated makes me feel like there may be knowledge that we already know who is coming to NU. Jaylon Johnson and Thomas Graham going elsewhere really got me flustered.

I am making a prediction, and it is based off my gut feeling. I honestly think that Greg Johnson, Joseph Lewis and Darnay Holmes are going to be Nebraska football players. The 247 predictions are based on Greg Johnson's 2018 brother committing to USC, I just feel that has little relevance to where these two are going (Joseph Lewis and Greg Johnson). Darnay Holmes may be a pipe dream, but it could be possible that he has been committed to Nebraska since June, and the official visit and in-homes were not needed.

I know that may be crazy, but I want to look at our recruiting in a positive light, and look at the remaining prospects as real possibilities.

I know it sounds absolutely crazy to predict this, but it somewhat makes sense. Why are these other CB's are going elsewhere? That Big Board looks real good. The only Calabraska connections that have committed somewhere else is Thomas Graham, Jaylon Redd and Jaylon Johnson... They are all CB's

I am just saying there is a lot of the Calabraska connection left on that board, and a lot of them will be in the the Army All American game, and deciding there.

Not saying this means anything but OSU already has four DBs committed for this years class. If Holmes does indeed pick OSU he will face a lot of stiff competition.

Not saying this means anything but OSU already has four DBs committed for this years class. If Holmes does indeed pick OSU he will face a lot of stiff competition.
In addition they are expected to add 5-star JUCO CB Kendell Sheffield and 5-star HS CB Jeffrey Okudah.

It was stated during a recruiting update that he did send filled out paperwork to all four of his finalists.

Why he'd be in our directory and not someone elses is anyone's guess. We could be "it". It could be that UNL is the smallest of the four schools, and just has their **** together in an administrative office somewhere. Or that our football academic integration is just that much tighter, or whatever.
Is Roburt Sallie in the directory?

My only reservation with
It was stated during a recruiting update that he did send filled out paperwork to all four of his finalists.

Why he'd be in our directory and not someone elses is anyone's guess. We could be "it". It could be that UNL is the smallest of the four schools, and just has their **** together in an administrative office somewhere. Or that our football academic integration is just that much tighter, or whatever.
As someone who has had a lot of experience with UNL admissions. They are the furthest thing from having their sh!t together.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Wouldn't he have to be enrolled in classes already? He can't just show up Monday and get a class schedule I wouldn't think.

Steve WiltfongVerified account‏@SWiltfong247 6m6 minutes ago

Flipped my @247CrystalBall forecast to #USC for five-star CB Darnay Holmes:

There's a guy already giving him heck about the UNL directory thing.
I don't think he is going to USC... Read my original post

1. He is in our directory
2. He is not in UCLA's or Ohio State's... both are schools that all claim he a lock for... USC's is locked
3. Keyshawn Johnson Sr. has been guiding him through the recruiting process
4. We have NO other DB's committed to us
5. He best frieds are both at Nebraska
6. AND the humdinger of them all which IMO rules USC out is... "I can always go shopping when I get to whatever school I go to. I’ll be back home for graduation in the summer."

USC is home

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...F-8#q=directions+calabasas+high+school+to+USC

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I don't think he is going to USC... Read my original post

1. He is in our directory
2. He is not in UCLA's or Ohio State's... both are schools that all claim he a lock for... USC's is locked
3. Keyshawn Johnson Sr. has been guiding him through the recruiting process
4. We have NO other DB's committed to us
5. He best frieds are both at Nebraska
6. AND the humdinger of them all which IMO rules USC out is... "I can always go shopping when I get to whatever school I go to. I’ll be back home for graduation in the summer."

USC is home

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...F-8#q=directions+calabasas+high+school+to+USC

The last one was the one I thought about with SC in particular.

However, one thing to keep in mind from the quote his father had earlier in Schaefer's article. Each family member was on a different island, with the resolution still to come. (At that same time, which was only a day or so ago, Darnay's island could have been OSU or NU when he stated your #6). Also remember that Darnay was quoted as to waiting for mom to begin hashing it out. Its still quite possible that during the negotiation in the last 24 hours, Darnay moved to an option closer to home.

Its not just a matter of who said what. Its a matter of who said what and *when*.

That said, I hope whatever is at play, he's here.

The last one was the one I thought about with SC in particular.

However, one thing to keep in mind from the quote his father had earlier in Schaefer's article. Each family member was on a different island, with the resolution still to come. (At that same time, which was only a day or so ago, Darnay's island could have been OSU or NU when he stated your #6). Also remember that Darnay was quoted as to waiting for mom to begin hashing it out. Its still quite possible that during the negotiation in the last 24 hours, Darnay moved to an option closer to home.

Its not just a matter of who said what. Its a matter of who said what and *when*.

That said, I hope whatever is at play, he's here.
The article I posted was from January 5th at 1:45PM

I am fairly certain they were made around the same time

Darnay said today he would be flying somewhere Sunday? Said in an interview with 247Sports today that "yea, I'll be flying somewhere Sunday" OSU or Nebraska perhaps?

The article I posted was from January 5th at 1:45PM

I am fairly certain they were made around the same time

Yes. Darnay told the press he'd love to go shopping when he gets home as of your timestamp. His father also said they all had different choices. They also were waiting for mom to arrive to hash it out. Those statements are all consistent with each other.

Its January 6th at 2:05PM. A whole day has come and gone since then, and there can be significant movement from statements made yesterday.

That is also consistent to what negotiations are supposed to take place.

In other words, who knows. Edit: It is possible that the shopping comment is not relevant then anymore.

Darnay said today he would be flying somewhere Sunday? Said in an interview with 247Sports today that "yea, I'll be flying somewhere Sunday" OSU or Nebraska perhaps?

Well he's in Texas. After he plays the game, he'll either be flying home Sunday, or to NU or OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT