ADVERTISEMENT

Bielema to the Buffaloes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nebraska_Reality, let me give you a lesson in objectivity about the greatest teams of all time.

If you come in here and say, “Man, that LSU team is something else... they beat 5 top 10 teams this year and beat them handily. They statistically have the greatest QB of all time (at least for a single season), a ton of potential draft picks, and play in the toughest football conference in America.”

If you say this, that’s a compelling argument. But you don’t even try. All you do is say 1971 couldn’t beat 2019, therefore 2019 is better. You have the gall to compare sizes of players and speed of players, as if those are the only measurements that matter. And you are incensed that people call you out.

Sorry, I’m not gonna be politically correct here. You need help for constantly posting on another team’s message board. Yeah, I totally believe that’s the case. Done trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.
"If you come in here and say, “Man, that LSU team is something else... they beat 5 top 10 teams this year and beat them handily. They statistically have the greatest QB of all time (at least for a single season), a ton of potential draft picks, and play in the toughest football conference in America.”

Interesting that you say that, because when those arguments were being had, those were some of the very points that I made. I discussed draft picks (the number of projected picks for LSU and their opponents and compared them to the number of Husker draft picks, and those of their opponents, with regards to the 1995 team), schedule/quality of opponents, and player differences (size, speed, strength, etc.). That still all equated to me being a Husker hater.

"Sorry, I’m not gonna be politically correct here."

No....that's exactly the situation. Go back and look to see when this thread got derailed. It was because I had the gall to say that Neuheisel had a better record after 2 years than does Frost (for whatever reason), and that we'd gladly take his record right now. I never said Frost was a bad coach, or that Neuheisel was a great coach. I merely pointed out a statistical fact....and that wasn't Husker PC enough for you folks. I don't know if it was because it was Neuheisel or what. I have a feeling that if I had said "Saban at Sparty had a better record after 2 seasons", no one would have batted an eye.

Lastly...unless the mods decide to send me packing, I'm not going anywhere. My level of fandom is just something you're going to have to deal with. I will defend myself, so if you're sick of my long-winded replies, there is a very simple solution...don't engage.

Last edited:
Great for ESPN.....and if you measure it using certain parameters, it's a legit point. I purely look at it under the guise of "Would the 1971 team, in their prime, beat the 2019 LSU team?"

To me, the answer is no. LSU's 2019 lines would dominate Nebraska's 1971 lines. Bigger, stronger, and faster. Sure....Johnny the Jet in his prime could play for a modern team. However, the LSU (or Clemson, or Alabama, for that matter) defense would have Tagge on his back every third play, and Johnny wouldn't get the ball very often.

1971 Nebraska OL Average: 6-3 237 lbs.
2019 LSU DL Average: 6-3 321 lbs.
2019 LSU LB Average: 6-2-237 lbs.

On what planet does Nebraska's 1971 line push around LSU's 2019 defense?

I would argue that the lines these days, while being heavier and probably stronger, are on the whole less skilled. Go back and watch those games and you'll see that you can't grab a jersey all the time like players do now.

The rules have changed quite a bit, and of course strength and conditioning. That's why you can't truly compare the two eras.

I would argue all things being equal, 1971 NU having the benefit of the same S&C, and 2019 LSU having to play without grabbing jerseys and Nebraska would stand at least toe to toe and it would not surprise me one bit if they beat LSU.

There were 11 All Americans on that 1971 NU team! Did 2019 LSU have 11 All Americans?

Reactions: Bugeater
Figured Reality would spin it another direction and couldn’t come up objectively why ESPN voted them the best team in 150 years..

Publications like Sports Illustrated had College Football’s Greatest Top 10 seasons had Nebraska 1995 #1 and 1971 #2..

Their comparing seasons and what those teams accomplished during that season like only 2 teams scored more than 2 TD’s against the 71 Nebraska team..

These opinions are from other outlets or publications.. Only Reality tries to dismiss why their no longer the best yet he claims he is a Nebraska fan...

Keep trying but we all know your a fraud..

Hopefully the modes will get tired of your tirades..

Reactions: Bugeater
"If you come in here and say, “Man, that LSU team is something else... they beat 5 top 10 teams this year and beat them handily. They statistically have the greatest QB of all time (at least for a single season), a ton of potential draft picks, and play in the toughest football conference in America.”

Interesting that you say that, because when those arguments were being had, those were some of the very points that I made. I discussed draft picks (the number of projected picks for LSU and their opponents and compared them to the number of Husker draft picks, and those of their opponents, with regards to the 1995 team), schedule/quality of opponents, and player differences (size, speed, strength, etc.). That still all equated to me being a Husker hater.

"Sorry, I’m not gonna be politically correct here."

No....that's exactly the situation. Go back and look to see when this thread got derailed. It was because I had the gall to say that Neuheisel had a better record after 2 years than does Frost (for whatever reason), and that we'd gladly take his record right now. I never said Frost was a bad coach, or that Neuheisel was a great coach. I merely pointed out a statistical fact....and that wasn't Husker PC enough for you folks. I don't know if it was because it was Neuheisel or what. I have a feeling that if I had said "Saban at Sparty had a better record after 2 seasons", no one would have batted an eye.

Lastly...unless the mods decide to send me packing, I'm not going anywhere. My level of fandom is just something you're going to have to deal with. I will defend myself, so if you're sick of my long-winded replies, there is a very simple solution...don't engage.
Hey Buffs fan, the problem with your Neuheisel comparison is that you make it in a vacuum and then say “stats!” Do you understand what I mean when I say you are comparing apples and oranges? Serious question. Because in so many of your posts you make comparisons that are silly and plain dumb. The two teams that each coach took over are not even in the same stratosphere, and yet you act like it’s the same thing.

Why? Drum roll please... it’s a shot at Frost and an opportunity to prop an old CU coach. You love to quote “facts.” That’s a fact.

Thanks for dropping in, Buffs fan, and taking yet another swipe against Nebraska. Typical.

Hey Buffs fan, the problem with your Neuheisel comparison is that you make it in a vacuum and then say “stats!” Do you understand what I mean when I say you are comparing apples and oranges? Serious question. Because in so many of your posts you make comparisons that are silly and plain dumb. The two teams that each coach took over are not even in the same stratosphere, and yet you act like it’s the same thing.

Why? Drum roll please... it’s a shot at Frost and an opportunity to prop an old CU coach. You love to quote “facts.” That’s a fact.

Thanks for dropping in, Buffs fan, and taking yet another swipe against Nebraska. Typical.
His idiocy runs hand in hand with wisdom, which he has very little of. His Neuheisel v Frost comparison was a classic case of his idiocy. "The 95 buffs weren't as good as the 94 buffs because the 94 buffs had 10 players drafted." Yet they (95) won 10 games because they still had a lot of talent leftover, so much that in the next three years they had 17 players drafted and a few more go into the NFL that were not drafted.

But hey, Frost must have had at least as good of talent, but he sucked as a coach and had two losing season.

What I said earlier in the thread:

"The 1995 cu team still had plenty of talent, but you know that but can't seem to say it, no surprise. The talent at cu when Rick took over was WAY better than what Frost had, whether you like it or not, it's a FACT. The next three years after 1995 had cu sending 17 more players to the NFL. If Frost had that kind of talent when he came to Lincoln, there's a good chance he has winning seasons the past two years."

What Captain Reality said in response:

"So, you're telling me how great CU was in the same post in which you accuse me of being a CU fan. Too funny!

Next thing is you're going to tell me that you knew all along that 4-8 and 5-7 were going to happen. I bet you were on here in 2018 gushing over Moos telling everyone that Harbaugh and Meyer were running scared. I bet you even have a "Devaney, Osborne, A bunch of other guys, Frost" t-shirt in your closet.

No, run along, you old, bitter crank."

He couldn't even argue against what I said because he knew his comparison was stupid and without merit.

Just quit posting if you don’t have anything complimentary to say about the huskers. I have yet to see anything of the sort, and you conveniently choose to ignore any poster who asks for you to provide it.

I honestly don’t know why you come back. You certainly don’t gain anything from it. You get called names, no one believes you when you claim to be a husker fan, and yet you keep coming back. And you wonder why people call you a troll. That’s the only logical reason to keep posting here. Provide me another reason... I won’t hold my breath.
Right, thats why I said in my post above that all these trolls act exactly the same. Passive aggressively bash the husker, argumentative, never have anything positive to say, instantly go into attack mode when called out. Its like clock work with these idiots.

Aside from not knowing squat about me, don't tell me that people on here have no problem with fans of other schools posting on here. I've seen numerous fans of other schools make perfectly respectful comments only to get treated like garbage.
Show me a conversation. If you have seen numerous it should be easy to find some. Plus if you are a husker fan it really shouldn't bother you all that much, but obviously it does. I don't care if other fans are here, but as I said if they passive aggressively talk shit about my team I and many will come down on them. If you or they think it is unfair, nobody is making you all stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT