ADVERTISEMENT

Bielema to the Buffaloes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Frost doesn’t make a bowl game this year I’d be curious if either one of them had any interest in our job.

Bielema’s a good proven coach & I think Bienemy will be a solid coach. I don’t know if either would have any interest coaching here though.
Huh? "If Frost doesn't make a bowl game" Frost could go 0-12 this coming year and I guarantee he isn't going anywhere. Frost is safe for another 2-3 years no matter what.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Lets just say shes not there for the love.

Ummmm, you cannot say that. You're saying she is a gold digger I think??? That is a pretty damning things to say about somebody. Brett ain't the only guy with deep pockets a woman like that could get.

Ummmm, you cannot say that. You're saying she is a gold digger I think??? That is a pretty damning things to say about somebody. Brett ain't the only guy with deep pockets a woman like that could get.
You find me a chick like that with a guy like that who doesn't have a ton of money..... Case closed

Reactions: SkerInCo
I'm inclined to give her a little more benefit of the doubt...that is a really lousy thing to say about somebody, and when they got married he wasn't that rich. He had just got the Wisky job and they historically didn't pay as much as other schools, she could have had richer and better looking guys.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I'm inclined to give her a little more benefit of the doubt...that is a really lousy thing to say about somebody, and when they got married he wasn't that rich. He had just got the Wisky job and they historically didn't pay as much as other schools, she could have had richer and better looking guys.
Well, if it is love so be it. More power to him. Im sure he nor her care what I or any one else thinks.

Not a Bielema fan, but he didn't become a household name in football by being a loser/dork. Sure, it's money... and power, charisma, cockiness, whatever. The ladies dig it. So do AD's. The same attributes that made him rich and successful. It's all the same. You look at guy like him and ask, "why not me?" Well, there's a reason and not all of it is luck.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Looks like Mel Tucker will have a couple ex Husker coaches on his MSU staff. Ross Els is tagging along from CU, and Ted Gilmore is leaving Wisconsin for MSU. He also tried to grab Vince Marrow from Kentucky, but could not.

As for CU, they’ve been publicly and actively rejected by Tucker, Bienemy, and Sarkisian. They are starting search over again beginning Monday. I guess their AD needs the weekend to meditate.

Looks like Mel Tucker will have a couple ex Husker coaches on his MSU staff. Ross Els is tagging along from CU, and Ted Gilmore is leaving Wisconsin for MSU. He also tried to grab Vince Marrow from Kentucky, but could not.

As for CU, they’ve been publicly and actively rejected by Tucker, Bienemy, and Sarkisian. They are starting search over again beginning Monday. I guess their AD needs the weekend to meditate.
CU is fu@ked, LOL.

Bruce Feldman says they're reaching out to Graham Harrell and Alex Grinch. They should just give the job to Chiaverini. Literally all of the other names I see listed are a gamble or seem like a bad fit.

Reactions: Bugeater
Bruce Feldman says they're reaching out to Graham Harrell and Alex Grinch. They should just give the job to Chiaverini. Literally all of the other names I see listed are a gamble or seem like a bad fit.
Is Bielema not being considered anymore?

CU's coaching search appears to be turning into a shite show that not many want to partake in.

I wonder why?

Is it because CU isn't a place to be if you're a top candidate? Or is the money not there to buy a high quality experienced head coach?

CU's coaching search appears to be turning into a shite show that not many want to partake in.

I wonder why?

Is it because CU isn't a place to be if you're a top candidate? Or is the money not there to buy a high quality experienced head coach?
I honestly think it is more a money issue than anything else.

The program was in far worse shape the McCartney got there, and he managed to win. They're not a blue blood, but in checking their history, they're still 200 wins over .500 all-time (despite the last 15 years), and one of a few schools that has at least one NC.

In short, given the location, I think it would be a great job if the money were there.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I honestly think it is more a money issue than anything else.

The program was in far worse shape the McCartney got there, and he managed to win. They're not a blue blood, but in checking their history, they're still 200 wins over .500 all-time (despite the last 15 years), and one of a few schools that has at least one NC.

In short, given the location, I think it would be a great job if the money were there.
money + admin issue

they have a board member who's very vocal about wanting to scrap the football program altogether

timing of the search doesn't help, either

I tend to agree and see lots of women who could easily latch on to wealthy guys, but they don't. In my opinion, it's not necessarily the money women are after, but rather security instead. For most women, it is a very real need or foundation that is required for them to feel comfortable in having kids and a family.

Huh? "If Frost doesn't make a bowl game" Frost could go 0-12 this coming year and I guarantee he isn't going anywhere. Frost is safe for another 2-3 years no matter what.

I would hope that if we went 0-12 this year that our adminstration would immediately work out a buyout of Frost's contract and move on. It would clearly mean that he either had the plague overcome his team, or was in way over his head. And since the Plague hasn't existed in this country since the 20s, well...hopefully they could work out a buyout.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Hope this works out as well as the skippy new-weasel hiring did. dorrell? Who???

Last edited:
Hope this works out as well as the skippy new-weasel hiring did. dorrell? Who???
Well.....I too thought Neuheisel was a doofus.... but he did go 33-14 in 4 seasons (10-2, 10-2, 5-6, 8-4), and won 3 bowls while at CU. I think, that given what has transpired, we'd be pretty happy if Frost has similar winning percentage (.702) after 4 seasons at Nebraska.

Reactions: Red I 73
Well, Dorrell does have a slightly better winning % than Frost at this point (.564 for Dorrell, .560 for Frost), so maybe CU fans and their realistic expectations for their just OK coach are more grounded in realty that we are.
CU doesn't have fans. They have tools who only show up to act like classless dicks against CSU and NU.

CU doesn't have fans. They have tools who only show up to act like classless dicks against CSU and NU.
They have some good fans....just like we do. They also have some classless dicks....just like we do.

Spare me the BS about our fan base being so awesome all the time. A very small fraction of 1% of the fan base actually posts on this board, and yet all newcomers must be treated with suspicion and derision if they don't say the right thing.

It's like you think that the only true Husker fans are the ones that have posted on here since the dawn of the new millennium.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
cu fans talking about their new coach:

I see my comments still get a certain Frost hater (below) to come out, hilarious. Living rent free inside the head of the so called Nebraska fan. Laughing
And I see you felt the need to edit your post after I replied to you.

I hate to tell you, but if replying to a comment is the definition of the initial commenter "living rent free in the head" of the person that replied, then we all have issues.

They have some good fans....just like we do. They also have some classless dicks....just like we do.

Spare me the BS about our fan base being so awesome all the time. A very small fraction of 1% of the fan base actually posts on this board, and yet all newcomers must be treated with suspicion and derision if they don't say the right thing.

It's like you think that the only true Husker fans are the ones that have posted on here since the dawn of the new millennium.
Don't associate yourself with NU fans. You're a fraud and a joke.

Well.....I too thought Neuheisel was a doofus.... but he did go 33-14 in 4 seasons (10-2, 10-2, 5-6, 8-4), and won 3 bowls while at CU. I think, that given what has transpired, we'd be pretty happy if Frost has similar winning percentage (.702) after 4 seasons at Nebraska.
How did CU do the season prior to Neuheisel? How did Nebraska do the season prior to Frost?

Don’t be that guy. You already have a lot of people on this board believing you are a husker hater and Colorado homer. Don’t feed into that more with posts like these.

How did CU do the season prior to Neuheisel? How did Nebraska do the season prior to Frost?

Don’t be that guy. You already have a lot of people on this board believing you are a husker hater and Colorado homer. Don’t feed into that more with posts like these.
Better yet. He needs to tuck tail and run back to the sC.Um board with @Scavenger

Last edited:
Don't associate yourself with NU fans. You're a fraud and a joke.
You know, I didn't see anywhere in your comment about how Nebraska fans are so awesome, he just inserts his own rhetoric and then goes on a rant about how "all newcomers must be treated with suspicion."

Then, he goes after you with "It's like you think that the only true Husker fans are the ones that have posted on here since the dawn of the new millennium."

Guess I missed that part in your comment as well. But you're right, HBK, he is a fraud and a joke. Notice his swipes at Frost when WC_'sker comments on the cu situation, or mine with the "just ok" video, it's like it sends him into orbit if it's a negative about cu and he just has to fire back.

He's as much a Nebraska fan as the average cu fan is, not at all.

And wait, here's a video of Nebraska Reality after he reads positive comments towards Nebraska and negative towards cu:

Last edited:
You certainly have issues.

You're right...one season makes all the difference. My bad.

Yeah...there's also several that think I'm a Minnesota fan, a Wisconsin fan, an Iowa fan, and/or a UCF fan. I also supposedly have 5 or 6 different identities on here. So, in short, I'm a fan with 5 or 6 different identities that roots for like 5 different teams.

In other words, you think I need to be more mindful of such reasonable people.

Guys like Bugeater and HBK are nothing but a bunch of 50-or 60-something angry, bitter cranks....and I treat them as such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT