ADVERTISEMENT

A Loss is a Loss

I don’t agree that a loss is a loss, is a loss. They aren’t all created equal. Losses like today aren’t why Frost will lose his job, losses like Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota are. We could stomach these, if we didn’t have the bad ones.

I don’t agree that a loss is a loss, is a loss. They aren’t all created equal. Losses like today aren’t why Frost will lose his job, losses like Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota are. We could stomach these, if we didn’t have the bad ones.
100% agree with this. I’d be on board for giving Frost another year, if he had gone 3-0 or even 2-1 against Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota. Its unforgivable how he finds ways to lose to those dogshit teams consistently

I would have no problem viewing this as a good loss to a top team, if not for all the terrible losses to mediocre teams.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Sure. If we were 8-4 with close losses to the michigan schools, Oklahoma and Ohio state nobody would be for a coaching change. Problem is when you also lose to the garbage teams, close losses to elite teams have no meaning. Who cares if you can play Ohio state close when you cant beat Illinois or purdue?

Exactly. But it sure would be nice to see Frost mix in a Martinez not playing a series or two.

Martinez is to the Nebraska football is like Homer Simpson's take on beer: The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems.

At the end of the day, it's 4 seasons with no bowl game. No winning seasons. That is how I look at it. We don't have to live with the choices the leadership will make so it isn't worth losing sleep over. He will be gone eventually.

I can’t disagree with that analysis, you are right. In the grand scheme of things though, Frost’s morale victories/signature losses start to have a quality all their own. In 4 years, Frost hasn’t managed a single upset victory or shown the ability to pull one out of a hard fought game.

I can’t disagree with that analysis, you are right. In the grand scheme of things though, Frost’s morale victories/signature losses start to have a quality all their own. In 4 years, Frost hasn’t managed a single upset victory or shown the ability to pull one out of a hard fought game.

While they aren’t the problem, it’s not like they are wins. Can’t save your job with close losses, that’s just crazy.

Reactions: pgainey
Husker fans continue to be an enigma. Bo wasn’t good enough with 9 win seasons. Riley wasn’t good enough as a career .500 coach.Yet now, Frost with four awful losing seasons with at best 5 wins a season suddenly needs to retained. Be very careful what you wish for guys.

At the end of the day, it's 4 seasons with no bowl game. No winning seasons. That is how I look at it. We don't have to live with the choices the leadership will make so it isn't worth losing sleep over. He will be gone eventually.
Yep. How can anyone think being last place in year 4 is acceptable? Hell gene chizik got fired for a 3-9 season in year 4 and he had a national title in his back pocket. Frost doesnt even have a bowl appearance.

Husker fans continue to be an enigma. Bo wasn’t good enough with 9 win seasons. Riley wasn’t good enough as a career .500 coach.Yet now, Frost with four awful losing seasons with at best 5 wins a season suddenly needs to retained. Be very careful what you wish for guys.
The pro frost crowd is insane. I wanted frost to win as much as everyone else, but we would basically be given ourselves the death penalty by keeping him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT