ADVERTISEMENT

How are you surprised ?

Dumb post, Rhule has mentioned multiple times how he thought this team was much better than his last stops. He hand picked a "NFL QB". This isn't Temple or Baylor...1 or 0 wins should get him fired
Not sure it would have been advantageous to tell everyone that this team sucks and go Scott Frost and blame the previous coach.

The team as a whole may not be bad but the offense is offensive for sure.

QB recruiting relationships are built over years and not the weeks Rhule had. LONG term I think his recruiting will turn in to wins. We HAVE to get better QB play.
This is the portal era where kids don't have to sit out if they transfer and can receive NIL money. A good coach could and should be able to turn over the roster much quicker. Things have changed.

This is the portal era where kids don't have to sit out if they transfer and can receive NIL money. A good coach could and should be able to turn over the roster much quicker. Things have changed.
some years are better than others, just like the NFL draft.

He took over 60 new players. Unfortunately he whiffed on a QB.
Looks like he whiffed on a whole lot more than QB. There aren't any playmakers.

More importantly though, you missed the point. It shouldn't take years to build a team any more. Get quality transfers and be competitive from day 1.

Reactions: oldjar07
I think you have to wait a bit and see how this team finishes. You've had 2 tough road games to open the season. Wait and see how the team looks at home. Wait and see if they improve as the season goes on...that will be a better indicator of how Ruhle is doing.

Real question. I'm at a loss that some of you totally besides yourselves and ready to give up on Rhule. Are you adults with functional eyes , ears , and brains? You do realize we suck , have sucked , and will continue to suck this year. Just our Oline alone coming back was a death nail. If you watched any tape on Sims you had to question if he'd make a difference in a positive way . Our receiver's room was real shaky. I saw one dimensional . You have a team that won't stop creating stupid penalties and turnovers. Did you suddenly think it would change ? Why ? If you haven't learned by now that talk is meaningless, I don't know what to tell you. How in the Phuck is this Rhules fault ? I guarantee he's probably thinking " WTF " ? No wonder these guys lose . He can't fix this shit show this year, didn't expect him too. Quit believing anything the media says and use your brain, you'll be less stressed out.
What really surprises me is just how poor a judge Rhule was when he selected a QB from the portal. It's not like Sims turnover history was any sort of surprise/mystery. If we had just kept Thompson as the QB, I think we'd be 2-0 now. Rhule needs to have a sense of urgency in getting a really good QB from the portal for next year.

Who gives a shit what we think. The team and staff all suck. You want everyone to agree with

Who gives a shit what we think. The team and staff all suck. You want everyone to agree with you?
You have feelings , I bring facts. You want something you can't get and you're gonna throw a tantrum. Won't change what I said.

They had 6 scholarship QBs at one point. The high school signing period was basically over. They took the best available guy they could get and he did enough to scare off CT. I’m not sure what else they could have done. None of their kids play QB
They also had Hornsby in their lap and they botched that too. Hornsby would have been a lot better than Sims, yet we weren't even going to give him a chance to compete at qb.

You have feelings , I bring facts. You want something you can't get and you're gonna throw a tantrum. Won't change what I said.
I do have feelings. You have opinions

The worst part of this offense is Rhule's hand picked QB. There's enough talent on offense to not suck. Sims and Sat have both always been bad.
I disagree that they have enough talent. QB, OL and WR are lacking. With a decent QB we should beat the garbo teams tho.

Reactions: GaRed
The worst part of this offense is Rhule's hand picked QB. There's enough talent on offense to not suck. Sims and Sat have both always been bad.

Yep. A game-manager type QB at least gets us to a bowl game this year, which gives us enough momentum to go get a better portal QB next year. You can't tell me there wasn't at least a good FCS QB out there that wouldn't have wanted the opportunity to start for a Power 5 team?

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
I disagree that they have enough talent. QB, OL and WR are lacking. With a decent QB we should beat the garbo teams tho.
Well without a decent QB, I think it's almost impossible to tell how good the rest of the talent is or isn't on the offense.

Well without a decent QB, I think it's almost impossible to tell how good the rest of the talent is or isn't on the offense.
then we really can't evaluate the offense for the past decade

Sorry for doubting Flores last cycle. He could have started for us this year☹️

You can't be one dimensional and turn the ball over in most games against
I can. The Oline doesn't have one All Big ten guy. The recievers as of now are pedestrian.

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT