ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll Give Rhule a Pass for Today

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
This was Rhule’s fifth post Frost game. I predicted 42-7 loss with friends. There was no winning this game.

However, this Michigan team is who we used to be for decades, and the job before Rhule for recruiting and coaching is now crystal clear.

Rhule likes to develop lines? Okay, now we see if that is bs or not because ours got their asses kicked today.

I will give him a pass if he gets us to 6-7 wins THIS year.

We didn’t have enough talent to win this game, but to get beat like we did was an embarrassment and Rhule should be ashamed.

It’s water under the bridge if he can get to 6 wins, but he needs to get to 6 wins

Reactions: baseball31ne
I will give him a pass if he gets us to 6-7 wins THIS year.

We didn’t have enough talent to win this game, but to get beat like we did was an embarrassment and Rhule should be ashamed.

It’s water under the bridge if he can get to 6 wins, but he needs to get to 6 wins
Admittedly, I didn’t get to see a lot of the game. But we are talking about the number 2 team in the nation. And May are saying this is Harbaugh’s best team yet.

By your standard, I anticipate Michigan to embarrass quite a few head coaches this year.

Admittedly, I didn’t get to see a lot of the game. But we are talking about the number 2 team in the nation. And May are saying this is Harbaugh’s best team yet.

By your standard, I anticipate Michigan to embarrass quite a few head coaches this year.
We couldn’t stop their 3rd string. They could have shut us out if they wanted and put up 65. Rhule is finding out he’s not in Texas.

Reactions: BrighteRed24

Hard to compare game to game I guess. But up until today Michigan had played 4 really bad teams in Ann Arbor.

None of those 4 teams rolled over quicker than we did at home today which is disappointing.

Need to get to 6 wins to get those 15 extra practices that go along with a bowl game

They didn’t embarrass Bowling Green, UNLV, and Rutgers as bad as us in case you were wondering. Those were all home games for Michigan as well

This was Rhule’s fifth post Frost game. I predicted 42-7 loss with friends. There was no winning this game.

However, this Michigan team is who we used to be for decades, and the job before Rhule for recruiting and coaching is now crystal clear.

Rhule likes to develop lines? Okay, now we see if that is bs or not because ours got their asses kicked today.
I wasn’t surprised to see them go down and score that first drive. That INT by a d lineman was a back breaker. That was a huge psychological blow. Realistically I thought we had a less than 10% chance to keep it close but even that went out the window after that INT. No doubt Michigan scouted Haarberg’s delivery and emphasis getting hands up in practice.

I’m not sure giving a pass is the right word. It’s okay to criticize where applicable…..but criticizing the talent disparity is definitely unfair. This game was the oddest ‘good’ beat down that I can remember. It solidified my feelings that HH can be the dude going forward….and that any expectations of greatness should go by the wayside. A true level set, so to speak. We can compete and develop HH going forward. Evaluate every day and grind to win 6, earn a bowl game and get better for 2024.

I hate giving passes. The fact of the matter is we got a perfect view of how far we have to go. I don’t trust Satterfield or our boy blunder WR coach at all. With an athlete like Fleeks…why is Tommy Hill even on the field? Our O-Line hasn’t shown an inch…inch…of improvement. Raiola needs to be gone and they need to hit the portal to get some grown men in here. Sorry for the rant. My patience is just gone.

I hate giving passes. The fact of the matter is we got a perfect view of how far we have to go. I don’t trust Satterfield or our boy blunder WR coach at all. With an athlete like Fleeks…why is Tommy Hill even on the field? Our O-Line hasn’t shown an inch…inch…of improvement. Raiola needs to be gone and they need to hit the portal to get some grown men in here. Sorry for the rant. My patience is just gone.
I’ve read the same things on this board about every OC we’ve had since Tom retired. Hell I heard it about Tom.

You mean JJ McCarthey wasn’t kissing his girlfriend on the sidelines during those games?
No, because the games were in doubt yet. We are the laughing stock of the entire country. By the way, he could of been kissing his girlfriend and still leading his team against our weak ass defense.

I’m not gonna like your post, but I generally agree.

Rhule didn’t come right out and say it - except that he almost did - when he said something along the line of “you hired me to rebuild this program”. He knew he was walking into a mess. If this team makes a bowl game, Rhule will have done nothing short of a remarkable job.

This program was rotting on the vine for the past 8 seasons. 8 years of total ineptitude is not gonna be fixed in 5 weeks. I hoped we would have been more competitive today, for sure. I hoped we would have shocked some and came into the game today 4-0.

But it’s been a brutal reality check all season. We need better players. A lot of ‘em.

Rhule didn’t come right out and say it - except that he almost did - when he said something along the line of “you hired me to rebuild this program”. He knew he was walking into a mess. If this team makes a bowl game, Rhule will have done nothing short of a remarkable job.

This program was rotting on the vine for the past 8 seasons. 8 years of total ineptitude is not gonna be fixed in 5 weeks. I hoped we would have been more competitive today, for sure. I hoped we would have shocked some and came into the game today 4-0.

But it’s been a brutal reality check all season. We need better players. A lot of ‘em.
I would say it has been rotting since 2010 at varying degrees but yup, this is a huge turnaround. Last 5 years really hurt.

Actually, he lost me when he made that statement. If I'm player on this team, that statement would not sit very well with me, either. They played today like they believed him.

Hard to compare game to game I guess. But up until today Michigan had played 4 really bad teams in Ann Arbor.

None of those 4 teams rolled over quicker than we did at home today which is disappointing.

Need to get to 6 wins to get those 15 extra practices that go along with a bowl game
Rutgers is better the team I saw on the field today

I would say it has been rotting since 2010 at varying degrees but yup, this is a huge turnaround. Last 5 years really hurt.
we have a 2-3 year deeper hole to climb out of because of the administration, booster and fan worship of a demagogue (Frost).

He was given an extra 2 years to bury this program

The only way we have a chance to win games is if we score outside the Red Zone (long runs or long passes). Our O line has premature score-alation - they wet their pants and always screws up the snap count when they are in scoring position. They really can’t be depended on.

Somethings that cause me pause.

Many, dare I would say, most gushed over the recruiting of Frost. His overall numbers were decent. Yet, we couldn't win even with more highly rated players than most in our division.

In comes Rhule and he sets out to scour the country for the under rated, yet to be discovered guys. There could potentially be some diamonds in that group, we will know in the future. But, not much immediate help and lots of development needed. Yet the battle cry was "in Rhule we trust". If Frost would have recruited zero star kids this board would have melted.

This program is woefully short of really good players. People hyperventilated over wins against LA Tech and NIU and today we found how bad we really are.

Every game is going to be a toss up going forward. Maryland is good, Iowa is going to go 4-1 it looks like. It is going to take some time and much better athletes to get even close to where we want this program to be.

Reactions: American Horse
Nobody hyperventilated over NIU and LA Tech. But it did give some of us a reason to believe we could get to 6 wins, and be a little better than we have been in a long time.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Thank goodness some guy named Clevinger on a message board is giving our new coach a pass in his 5th game as head coach after playing the #2 team in the country.

I mean damn. Surely our boosters investing $400M+ onto the stadium rebuild are glad to hear that as well.

I'll give him a pass if he renegotiates his contract.

I’m not sure giving a pass is the right word. It’s okay to criticize where applicable…..but criticizing the talent disparity is definitely unfair. This game was the oddest ‘good’ beat down that I can remember. It solidified my feelings that HH can be the dude going forward….and that any expectations of greatness should go by the wayside. A true level set, so to speak. We can compete and develop HH going forward. Evaluate every day and grind to win 6, earn a bowl game and get better for 2024.
Until Haarberg gets a new set of feet I'll just go ahead and disagree with you here. Straight line running he is fine, his footwork as to get himself into throwing position is VERY bad!

Until Haarberg gets a new set of feet I'll just go ahead and disagree with you here. Straight line running he is fine, his footwork as to get himself into throwing position is VERY bad!
Compared to Sims or as an overall QB evaluation?

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT