ADVERTISEMENT

How are you surprised ?

GaRed

Head Coach
Sep 3, 2004
America
Real question. I'm at a loss that some of you totally besides yourselves and ready to give up on Rhule. Are you adults with functional eyes , ears , and brains? You do realize we suck , have sucked , and will continue to suck this year. Just our Oline alone coming back was a death nail. If you watched any tape on Sims you had to question if he'd make a difference in a positive way . Our receiver's room was real shaky. I saw one dimensional . You have a team that won't stop creating stupid penalties and turnovers. Did you suddenly think it would change ? Why ? If you haven't learned by now that talk is meaningless, I don't know what to tell you. How in the Phuck is this Rhules fault ? I guarantee he's probably thinking " WTF " ? No wonder these guys lose . He can't fix this shit show this year, didn't expect him too. Quit believing anything the media says and use your brain, you'll be less stressed out.

Real question. I'm at a loss that some of you totally besides yourselves and ready to give up on Rhule. Are you adults with functional eyes , ears , and brains? You do realize we suck , have sucked , and will continue to suck this year. Just our Oline alone coming back was a death nail. If you watched any tape on Sims you had to question if he'd make a difference in a positive way . Our receiver's room was real shaky. I saw one dimensional . You have a team that won't stop creating stupid penalties and turnovers. Did you suddenly think it would change ? Why ? If you haven't learned by now that talk is meaningless, I don't know what to tell you. How in the Phuck is this Rhules fault ? I guarantee he's probably thinking " WTF " ? No wonder these guys lose . He can't fix this shit show this year, didn't expect him too. Quit believing anything the media says and use your brain, you'll be less stressed out.
Neither of these losses surprised me after seeing CU last Saturday. We don’t have a QB who takes care of the ball.

Neither of these losses surprised me after seeing CU last Saturday. We don’t have a QB who takes care of the ball.
Isn’t that sort of the issue though. If you can’t recruit talent youre not going to win. That’s on the coaches that’s what they’re paid to do

Isn’t that sort of the issue though. If you can’t recruit talent youre not going to win. That’s on the coaches that’s what they’re paid to do
QB recruiting relationships are built over years and not the weeks Rhule had. LONG term I think his recruiting will turn in to wins. We HAVE to get better QB play.

he can recruit. can't mature them at super fast rates. O-line and QB are the biggest issues.

He brought in the guy who sucks the most, Sims. And he is the one who led me to believe we were going to have a power offense with limited turnovers. Instead we have a turnover robot at qb who can't even pass as good as our option qb's from back in the day. Think about it. That was Sims 26th career start over 4 seasons. 4 seasons! What was the point in bringing in a veteran and not taking a h.s. qb if the veteran plays like a junior high player?

So yeah, I'm real surprised. I didn't expect to have a wr playing qb.

Reactions: regionsdoc
He brought in the guy who sucks the most, Sims. And he is the one who led me to believe we were going to have a power offense with limited turnovers. Instead we have a turnover robot at qb who can't even pass as good as our option qb's from back in the day. Think about it. That was Sims 26th career start over 4 seasons. 4 seasons! What was the point in bringing in a veteran and not taking a h.s. qb if the veteran plays like a junior high player?

can't run power. the OL sucks

This was going to be a garbage year anyways, but I still wanted some ray of hope. Next year is going to be the big year for him where he needs to spare no expense to find a real QB.

Osborne wouldn't win with this team.
Yes he would. He won with less talent.

Here’s why I’m already pretty much done with Rhule but am holding out hope because of his track record of not really turning things around till year three.

What I sense on the Nebraska sideline from the coaches is fear. Plain and simple. And that fear 100% translates to the players, who then make mistakes and play skittishly.

It showed in the first game, then showed up again this game. If the coaches are nervous then the team will play that way, i.e. without confidence.

How you respond to adversity is the tell tale sign. Nebraska used to respond after a loss with clobbering whoever they played next. That hasn’t happened in a long time.

Look at Colorado. They play confidently and have swagger. They have taken on the personality of their coach.

Unfortunately, NU has also taken on the personality of their coach. And you see the results.

Yes he would. He won with less talent.

Here’s why I’m already pretty much done with Rhule but am holding out hope because of his track record of not really turning things around till year three.

What I sense on the Nebraska sideline from the coaches is fear. Plain and simple. And that fear 100% translates to the players, who then make mistakes and play skittishly.

It showed in the first game, then showed up again this game. If the coaches are nervous then the team will play that way, i.e. without confidence.

How you respond to adversity is the tell tale sign. Nebraska used to respond after a loss with clobbering whoever they played next. That hasn’t happened in a long time.

Look at Colorado. They play confidently and have swagger. They have taken on the personality of their coach.

Unfortunately, NU has also taken on the personality of their coach. And you see the results.
Osborne always had the talent advantage in 90% of his games. Easy to call plays when you are the juggernaut

Osborne always had the talent advantage in 90% of his games. Easy to call plays when you are the juggernaut
I assume you are talking about the Big 8. But that doesn’t account for the non-conference games which routinely included FSU, UCLA, Auburn, South Carolina and Penn State.

He still won those games.

doubt he can catch

I assume you are talking about the Big 8. But that doesn’t account for the non-conference games which routinely included FSU, UCLA, Auburn, South Carolina and Penn State.

Tom Osborne was 12-13 in bowl games where teams had similar talent levels

Yet it was a trend for him to lose the big games for decades.

Tom Osborne was 12-13 in bowl games where teams had similar talent levels
Has this fanbase really fallen so far that it has now turned against TO (and I assume Devaney) as a way to cope with the current state of things? Holy shit.

Yes, Osborne lost to good teams. But he beat them as well.

Has this fanbase really fallen so far that it has now turned against TO (and I assume Devaney) as a way to cope with the current state of things? Holy shit.

You said that Oz would win with this team. There is no evidence to support that idea. An OC can only work with what he has. Tom had much more talent compared to competition.

Not turning on him at all … the facts are that he lost more than he won in bowl games with equal talent

In fact in the regular season when he went against OU when both teams were ranked in the top 10 (equal talent) he was 2-11 .. Nebraska entered those 13 games favored in the majority of those games

Those are the facts and they are indisputable

Real question. I'm at a loss that some of you totally besides yourselves and ready to give up on Rhule. Are you adults with functional eyes , ears , and brains? You do realize we suck , have sucked , and will continue to suck this year. Just our Oline alone coming back was a death knell. If you watched any tape on Sims you had to question if he'd make a difference in a positive way . Our receiver's room was real shaky. I saw one dimensional . You have a team that won't stop creating stupid penalties and turnovers. Did you suddenly think it would change ? Why ? If you haven't learned by now that talk is meaningless, I don't know what to tell you. How in the Phuck is this Rhules fault ? I guarantee he's probably thinking " WTF " ? No wonder these guys lose . He can't fix this shit show this year, didn't expect him too. Quit believing anything the media says and use your brain, you'll be less stressed out.
If Rhule doesn’t bench Sims and make changes on the O-line then we’re in for a losing season. If he can’t see those two glaring problem areas then HE DOES suck as a head coach. I don’t care if Sims is great in practice because he’s not getting it done on game day. The O-line is not getting it done. Should fire Raiola now and replace the left hand side of the line.

TO ruined college football when he ran from texas into the B1G

Not turning on him at all … the facts are that he lost more than he won in bowl games with equal talent

In fact in the regular season when he went against OU when both teams were ranked in the top 10 (equal talent) he was 2-11 .. Nebraska entered those 13 games favored in the majority of those games

Those are the facts and they are indisputable
Yes, I was around in the 80s when people were saying TO would never win the big games. His 90s teams are what turned around the perception (for the most part). But he still beat ranked teams.

My point was, TO would win with this team. Minnesota is not more talented and Fleck is not some great coach.

Yes, I was around in the 80s when people were saying TO would never win the big games. His 90s teams are what turned around the perception (for the most part). But he still beat ranked teams.

My point was, TO would win with this team. Minnesota is not more talented and Fleck is not some great coach.
How does TO win without a qb, o line or receivers?

If Rhule doesn’t bench Sims and make changes on the O-line then we’re in for a losing season. If he can’t see those two glaring problem areas then HE DOES suck as a head coach. I don’t care if Sims is great in practice because he’s not getting it done on game day. The O-line is not getting it done. Should fire Raiola now and replace the left hand side of the line.
O-line wouldn't even really be on my radar right now. If we completed a few passes consistently life would get much easier for them and Satterfield. It didn't take a genius to figure out Martinez wasn't going to be a winning qb with his boom and bust style of play. Same for Sims.

O-line wouldn't even really be on my radar right now. If we completed a few passes consistently life would get much easier for them and Satterfield. It didn't take a genius to figure out Martinez wasn't going to be a winning qb with his boom and bust style of play. Same for Sims.
AM was terrible but he was dynamic btwn the 20s and then would make a critical error

Sims is terrible all the time and then makes horrible errors on top of his baseline horrendous playing level

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Rhule and Satterfield picked Sims. They get zero leeway from me on Sims. And they doubled down and didn't take a h.s. qb.
they were looking for depth and Casey bounced. Not sure what highschool qbs were available late in the cycle. We have one in this cycle.

Rhule and Satterfield picked Sims. They get zero leeway from me on Sims. And they doubled down and didn't take a h.s. qb.
They had 6 scholarship QBs at one point. The high school signing period was basically over. They took the best available guy they could get and he did enough to scare off CT. I’m not sure what else they could have done. None of their kids play QB

Reactions: RedMyMind
Dumb post, Rhule has mentioned multiple times how he thought this team was much better than his last stops. He hand picked a "NFL QB". This isn't Temple or Baylor...1 or 0 wins should get him fired

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT