ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!!!!!!!

well. Better than I had expected. Penalties and special teams but really just special teams cost us this game. No way to know for sure if those early penalties cost us points when you can't make a field goal. Damn. My kingdom for a reliable kicker. 8 points...
2 missed FG, 3 point swing on extra point = 9. Not that it matters

well. Better than I had expected. Penalties and special teams but really just special teams cost us this game. No way to know for sure if those early penalties cost us points when you can't make a field goal. Damn. My kingdom for a reliable kicker. 8 points...
9…-6 from missed FG’s, 3 point swing on the blocked PAT. Should have been 14-10, but was 16-9.

You pretty much have to roll Adrian in the 1 minute offense he has no clue what to do or how to manage the game in those scenarios. Roll him and tell him to either throw right away or run it and throw it away if he can't scramble.

Inconsistent and lack of poise.
Those last few plays weren't all on him. It's unrealistic to have expected anything else than what we saw there given the score and situation. OU has tremendous athletes in their back 7. They weren't going to give up several 40 yard pass plays in that situation. No chance.

Meh. Nobody to through it to. Deep zone. Should have tried to hit a couple intermediate routes in the middle of the field but he didn't have much time and I didn't see anybody running those routes. We had virtually no chance to take that 80+ yards when all OU was worried about was a TD beating them.
Agree it was a no win situation. My point was he lacked the poise (after all these years of experience) to at least throw the ball away and not take sacks.

Overall that kid played a helluva game. We're not even remotely in that game without him.

Yes he did. I don't even blame him it's Frost's fault for not knowing his personnel better. Roll him and let him at least see the pressure coming instead of having him worry and fold like a cheap tent in the pocket.

Oh well....OU was up by 7 points which means it was a 2 possession game at the end....cause we suck at Special Teams... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

OU’s lack of awareness (should have dropped amazing INT to save yards and fielding kick going out of bounds) gave us a chance, but we couldn’t capitalize.

Reactions: newAD
Meh. Nobody to through it to. Deep zone. Should have tried to hit a couple intermediate routes in the middle of the field but he didn't have much time and I didn't see anybody running those routes. We had virtually no chance to take that 80+ yards when all OU was worried about was a TD beating them.
Ever heard of a Hail Mary?

AM gave up on that play. It was clear as day.

g
Yes he did. I don't even blame him it's Frost's fault for not knowing his personnel better. Roll him and let him at least see the pressure coming instead of having him worry and fold like a cheap tent in the pocket.
I think the way they were holding the pocket with their outside contain trying to roll the pocket would have just led to an easy sack for their DE or OLB. They built their whole game plan around trying to keep Adrian in the pocket and trying to make him beat them with his arm from the pocket.

Your hatred for Adrian is amazing.
Wut!!! Point to all of my posts where I criticize him. There is just the one you replied to. And the post was justified. He IS inconsistent and lacks the poise that a multi year starter should possess. Nice take though. Jump to conclusions much?

Watch out for Mich State next week. If you’re a Husker fan, you know how this usually goes.

g

I think the way they were holding the pocket with their outside contain trying to roll the pocket would have just led to an easy sack for their DE or OLB. They built their whole game plan around trying to keep Adrian in the pocket and trying to make him beat them with his arm from the pocket.

These are quick hitting plays in the 2min drill. Roll the pocket and let the OL use their length and not have to guess how the DL is going to attack them on their heels. Adrian CANNOT run the 2min drill from the pocket he just has not shown the ability to do it. Same thing happened vs. Illinois.

Reactions: Seascout3
Hail Mary from your own 15 yard line? Alrighty then.
You at least try.

AM gave up, like usual.

He's been that way since he got here. I told you all this back in his freshman year. He's not a competitor.

And Frost is an idiot to keep playing him year after year. He should of went to the portal and got some competitive QB's.

We didn't need to go through 4 years of losing. Well 5 if AM comes back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT