ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

Still want to know why we didn't run the clock all the way down and threw the ball on 3rd. I know that it might not have changed things, but still. Leave a bunch of time on the clock and gives more time to score.
I see it as Frost staying true to his system. But, yes we would have had a better shot to run the clock out on CU had he done so.

But, I think his choice to play uptempo and instill and trust his system is important for showing the players to trust in it as well.

It all goes back to the rainout. NU spotted CU 14 points with sloppy plays. Penalties and drops. NU was not sharp.

I see it as Frost staying true to his system. But, yes we would have had a better shot to run the clock out on CU had he done so.

But, I think his choice to play uptempo and instill and trust his system is important for showing the players to trust in it as well.

I get that. And I know the 3rd down almost was a first down. But still you also are in there to win the game. And you have to give your team the best chance to win and in that situation the best chance would have been to slow it down and give the other team a minute instead of 2.5.

It all goes back to the rainout. NU spotted CU 14 points with sloppy plays. Penalties and drops. NU was not sharp.
This and Frost doesn't have the right guys for his system. If you've followed him over the years, you can see it. No 1st year coach walks into a perfect 1st year situation.

Lack of experience in key positions and lack of depth were the real killers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT