ADVERTISEMENT

24 point HOME 'dogs....

How was it poor clock management? You may be right, but let me know how. We went right back down the field, and got a football after multiple shots.

jesus, go watch it again if you need to.

If Riley stays they with less than 8 wins they will not sign. Guaranteed. Bookie is borderline anyway. They will not attach themselves to lame duck coach. I personally don't think he can keep his job with 7 wins and I absolutely believe at 7 wins this class falls apart. It will end up one of the lowest ranked classes in a long time.

Do you know Bookie personally? I'd say Bookie and Moore are as dialed in as they can get if Riley is retained, and the speculation of him being fired goes away. Have pretty good info on this. Also, pretty easy to deduce if you look at his timeline, and how he has handled his recruitment.

Just you all wait till Riley gets his guys in, especially on offense. This team is going to explode all over everyone

jesus, go watch it again if you need to.

I have multiple times. When we were driving late, we actually had multiple plays called, and forced Wisconsin into a timeout as they could not get the right personnel to match up with us, but you probably missed that detail too didn't you. So maybe you should watch it again... Follow your own logic.

I have multiple times. When we were driving late, we actually had multiple plays called, and forced Wisconsin into a timeout as they could not get the right personnel to match up with us, but you probably missed that detail too didn't you. So maybe you should watch it again... Follow your own logic.
Keep up the good fight brother. I'm with you- I think Riley needs to be given at least 4 years, but the panic button has been hit by the loudest portion of the fan base.

already in easy fg range, we threw a 5 yd pass with 6 sec left and only got a fg because our guy accidentally stepped out of bounds. what is wrong with you?

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Keep up the good fight brother. I'm with you- I think Riley needs to be given at least 4 years, but the panic button has been hit by the loudest portion of the fan base.

Trust me, I'm not a Riley apologist. I think we definitely need to start showing progress. We do have drops and suspect play at times, but I can see the areas of progress we are making and the talent influx that is coming in. For me it isn't rational to expect huge things in 2.5 years especially with all of the changes. Have gone from spread to pro-style / 4-3 to 3-4 and need personnel to fit all of these yet we want to fire the guy who was trying to win with MAC style players. I'll give him one more year. At least if we fire him next year, the coach with at least have a lot more talent then the last time we made a change. Dylan Utter won't be the starting center.

already in easy fg range, we threw a 5 yd pass with 6 sec left and only got a fg because our guy accidentally stepped out of bounds. what is wrong with you?

Go back and look at that play. He has to make a quick read and check down because we have 6 SECONDS! What else did you want there? It was a throw towards the sidelines to get out of bounds. The throws leading up to that all had looks at the endzone. You are delusional.

Yeah, and how many of those decent players under Bo's watch even made it to campus or stayed around. So far Riley's guys are at least panning out. I'll wait on your response. Go look in the other thread as well of the offer list for current folks vs. who is coming up... I'll hand up and listen,.
You....you do know that the whole players not making it to campus thing happened to Riley in a pretty big way..right?
Seems you have a few double standards.

Besides having the completely revamp the roster, play with bad and young talent, change the toxic culture Bo left, etc the list goes on give us some of your reasoning why he shouldn't have a shot at getting Nebraska back to respectable? If you fire him, we lose the best recruiting class in a long time, and we are in shambles. What happens if we don't get Scott Frost (the savior?) If you can't see all of the positives happening in the program that is on you. I agree that we need to win, but our team is super young and getting reps. The last of the Bo talent will be gone soon, but carry on.

Why Riley shouldn't get ANYMORE chances???? Career 54% winning coach. Never has won a division, much less a conference, inherited a team that won either 9-10 games per season under previous coach who most agree was an awful person and not a good recruiter and still he won, Losses to Illinois, Purdue, and NIU (see Sac State and EWU losses at Oregon State), Blow-out losses to Ohio State 62-3, Iowa, 40-10 and Wisconsin 38-17, brings Langsdorf to be Nebraska's OC when Riley had previously taken away play calling from him at Oregon State. (sent him off to the NY Giants)

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Trust me, I'm not a Riley apologist. I think we definitely need to start showing progress. We do have drops and suspect play at times, but I can see the areas of progress we are making and the talent influx that is coming in. For me it isn't rational to expect huge things in 2.5 years especially with all of the changes. Have gone from spread to pro-style / 4-3 to 3-4 and need personnel to fit all of these yet we want to fire the guy who was trying to win with MAC style players. I'll give him one more year. At least if we fire him next year, the coach with at least have a lot more talent then the last time we made a change. Dylan Utter won't be the starting center.
Sweet mother there it is again...
Since when is expecting us to beat NIU at home, kill Arky state, beat unranked Oregon who had an entirely new staff and not get boatraced, and not get hammered by a bunch of sophomores from Wisconsin in year three EXPECTING HUGE THINGS??????
Wake up, we aren't arguing about losing a conference title game here.
I guess you have to lie and make things up when your argument sucks so much.

The people who have undying love for Mike Riley I find so exasperating. No ties to the program, his teams have never won any sort of title, team plays with no confidence, loses to schools like NIU, etc, etc, etc

So here is the question. If Urban's boys beat the spread will all you Riley supporters throw in the towel on him? I am betting "No" because there can be no rational reason to support him in the first place. (Support the players, Boot the coach and his entire staff).

Nebraska Football has been dead for 15 years. Neither keeping, nor firing Riley is going to answer anything for at least 2 years. We are screwed either way in 2018 with that schedule. I think Frost could be a great coach, and not just because he is a Husker, but firing 3 coaches in a matter of 15 years is going to be looked at, and will affect recruiting. Hopefully we get over it, but we are in a lose-lose situation right now. Riley can probably afford to lose 1 more games. This means he needs to upset either Ohio State or Penn State. From there, he needs to reel in the rest of his recruiting class and fire Cav & Reggie. RB, OL and TE holes also need to be addressed. Start playing the young talent vs. the older players.

Bookie - Best Corner we've probably seen potentially in 20 years. Josh Moore - Best WR we might have ever seen at NU. 2 big time in state studs that we haven't had in awhile, and also very highly rated other pieces coming in. Also, have some shots at other big fish if Riley is retained. So yes, this is the best class in a long time potentially. Can you name a better class?

As far as progress goes:

We are going through a major defensive change, and we expect it to work from game 1? Lol. This D has gone from terrible to respectable. Still have a ways to go, but they are progressing. Just go look at the stats.

Name poor clock management examples where this is being botched over and over this year? What poor decisions. Provide examples.. I'll give you drops, but provide examples of judgement and unorganized play.

I can't wait until we fire Riley and in year 2.5 of Frost not turning it around all of you are bitching about giving him more time.
Bookie has a long way to go to match guys like Amukamara and Dennard. Josh Moore has a long ways to go to match guys like Nate Swift, much less some of the receivers from the Osborne era.

Go back and look at that play. He has to make a quick read and check down because we have 6 SECONDS! What else did you want there? It was a throw towards the sidelines to get out of bounds. The throws leading up to that all had looks at the endzone. You are delusional.

I wanted them to kick the fg....duh.

The bad and young talent from a couple years ago is now starting in greater proportion than the supposedly good talent that are now upperclassmen at Wisky AND Ohio State. It's a fact that we will start more upperclassmen than Wisky or Ohio State.

Not true. We are an old team. Do realize OSU hasn’t even played the 3
Five star recruits they landed??? You are dilusional if you are serious.

This excuse has got to go.

It's a very vocal minority of about 20 posters on a FREE message board......

Please compile the list compared to Bo, and share with the group.
Bo sucked too that isn't the point. How many of rileys players from the last class never made it?
The point is if you hold it against one coach you had better hold it against another. Unless that's too much logic for you

Nebraska Football has been dead for 15 years. Neither keeping, nor firing Riley is going to answer anything for at least 2 years. We are screwed either way in 2018 with that schedule. I think Frost could be a great coach, and not just because he is a Husker, but firing 3 coaches in a matter of 15 years is going to be looked at, and will affect recruiting. Hopefully we get over it, but we are in a lose-lose situation right now. Riley can probably afford to lose 1 more games. This means he needs to upset either Ohio State or Penn State. From there, he needs to reel in the rest of his recruiting class and fire Cav & Reggie. RB, OL and TE holes also need to be addressed. Start playing the young talent vs. the older players.
This is fairly accurate, but I don't believe it is a lose - lose scenario at all. I think most people in college football know that Nebraska has taken a down turn with Riley, and they knew this was a short term hire to begin with. The program needed a flush with Pelini and his anger issues and Riley sort of helped fix all that. Now it's time to take the next step. There are some great young coaches out there and it's a new opportunity to do things right. Have some optimism!

This is fairly accurate, but I don't believe it is a lose - lose scenario at all. I think most people in college football know that Nebraska has taken a down turn with Riley, and they knew this was a short term hire to begin with. The program needed a flush with Pelini and his anger issues and Riley sort of helped fix all that. Now it's time to take the next step. There are some great young coaches out there and it's a new opportunity to do things right. Have some optimism!

I don't disagree, we just have botched this a few times. Going all of the way back to the Solich debacle, each time we had awesome candidates who were interested. Through our mistakes, we've become Minnesota for the time being, but its hard and you shake your head knowing that we hired Riley over Chad Morris, Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, etc. all who were interested, and all who are doing very well. That is the tough pill to swallow. The new AD is going to have fun trying to decide what splash hire he or she is going to have to have if Scott Frost is no brought to Lincoln. I drink red koolaid every year, only to be brought down to earth. I'm just going to remain skeptical on NU football until results start happening.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I don't disagree, we just have botched this a few times. Going all of the way back to the Solich debacle, each time we had awesome candidates who were interested. Through our mistakes, we've become Minnesota for the time being, but its hard and you shake your head knowing that we hired Riley over Chad Morris, Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, etc. all who were interested, and all who are doing very well. That is the tough pill to swallow. The new AD is going to have fun trying to decide what splash hire he or she is going to have to have if Scott Frost is no brought to Lincoln. I drink red koolaid every year, only to be brought down to earth. I'm just going to remain skeptical on NU football until results start happening.
I completely understand. The Solich thing was bad. That really left an ugly taste that has persisted all these years. The Callahan hire was botched too. I thought the Bo hire was a good 'at bat' we took a swing on young up and coming coach, and the results were okay, but he never got better and we all know his anger issues got the best of him in the end. I now believe the Riley hire was more about Shawn hiring a guy he could control. It seems with some AD's (SE & SP), they want to put their own stamp on the program, and that hasn't worked out so well. I think it's really important to find an AD that puts the program first, not his own selfish interest. I was very down on the program, but now that SE is gone, I am optimistic again. It's another chance to get things right, and each time, the odds get better.

I completely understand. The Solich thing was bad. That really left an ugly taste that has persisted all these years. The Callahan hire was botched too. I thought the Bo hire was a good 'at bat' we took a swing on young up and coming coach, and the results were okay, but he never got better and we all know his anger issues got the best of him in the end. I now believe the Riley hire was more about Shawn hiring a guy he could control. It seems with some AD's (SE & SP), they want to put their own stamp on the program, and that hasn't worked out so well. I think it's really important to find an AD that puts the program first, not his own selfish interest. I was very down on the program, but now that SE is gone, I am optimistic again. It's another chance to get things right, and each time, the odds get better.

All good points. For me, Bo was a bad at bat, but that is just my perspective. I think we got blinded by 2003, and he was the coach no matter what. I'm not sure how great of assistant he was, but that is all hindsight. I just hope our new AD and whatever coaching staff brings us hope. Not a tradition coalition guy, but for me Frost would bring some hope for me, more because of his offense. I think if he could get some assistants, he could excel here. I still think no matter what, we are going to have at least 2 more years of growing pains, but hopefully we get it back on the right trajectory. No matter what I am going to support the team. Will be there this weekend, and have plans for at least 2 more road games. Let's pray for a miracle this weekend. GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT