ADVERTISEMENT

24 point HOME 'dogs....

yea well.......he doesn't have ALL his guys yet. He still has 5 years on his contract so we shouldn't judge him till then.;)

Besides having the completely revamp the roster, play with bad and young talent, change the toxic culture Bo left, etc the list goes on give us some of your reasoning why he shouldn't have a shot at getting Nebraska back to respectable? If you fire him, we lose the best recruiting class in a long time, and we are in shambles. What happens if we don't get Scott Frost (the savior?) If you can't see all of the positives happening in the program that is on you. I agree that we need to win, but our team is super young and getting reps. The last of the Bo talent will be gone soon, but carry on.

You mean from the recruiting classes that were ranked, on average, similarly to Riley's?

Yeah, and how many of those decent players under Bo's watch even made it to campus or stayed around. So far Riley's guys are at least panning out. I'll wait on your response. Go look in the other thread as well of the offer list for current folks vs. who is coming up... I'll hand up and listen,.

Reactions: jchusker02
Besides having the completely revamp the roster, play with bad and young talent, .
The bad and young talent from a couple years ago is now starting in greater proportion than the supposedly good talent that are now upperclassmen at Wisky AND Ohio State. It's a fact that we will start more upperclassmen than Wisky or Ohio State.

This excuse has got to go.

Last edited:
The bad and young talent is now starting in greater proportion than the supposedly good talent that are now upperclassmen at Wisky AND Ohio State. It's a fact that we will start more upperclassmen than Wisky or Ohio State.

This excuse has got to go.
Stop Tom. You know that we are FINALLY playing some guys who are FRESHMEN AND REDSHIRT FRESHMEN. Our upperclassmen talent does not match OSU's and you know it. Yeah they start a bunch of young guys but they've recruited top 10 talent for over 5 years now and we beat them out for ONE true freshman WR. There is no question that they have an immensely more talented roster than us. That said, we can beat these guys. Have to play perfect and have them make some mistakes.

Reactions: LZZOSO
Stop Tom. You know that we are FINALLY playing some guys who are FRESHMEN AND REDSHIRT FRESHMEN. Our upperclassmen talent does not match OSU's and you know it. Yeah they start a bunch of young guys but they've recruited top 10 talent for over 5 years now and we beat them out for ONE true freshman WR. There is no question that they have an immensely more talented roster than us. That said, we can beat these guys. Have to play perfect and have them make some mistakes.
This makes no sense. If Wisky and OSU have great upper class talent that has been in the program for three or four years it should be really hard for an underclassmen to break in as a starter. If we have bad upper class talent but really good underclassmen, it should not be that hard for an underclassman to break in as a starter.

Yeah, and how many of those decent players under Bo's watch even made it to campus or stayed around. So far Riley's guys are at least panning out. I'll wait on your response. Go look in the other thread as well of the offer list for current folks vs. who is coming up... I'll hand up and listen,.

RollingLaugh

And they can't beat any of those guys out...the coaching sucks. This is year 3.

RollingLaugh

And they can't beat any of those guys out...the coaching sucks. This is year 3.

Yeah, of a minimum of a 5 year build. This team had nothing 3 years ago, and a toxic ass culture left from Bo in which players didn't want to play. A lot of these youngsters are playing and are going to light it up in years to come. Also, a lot of these players aren't beating out the others because they need at least a few years of S&C. How many lineman do you see at most schools that are ready to go as Freshman.. I'll wait. Keep trying though.

Besides having the completely revamp the roster, play with bad and young talent, change the toxic culture Bo left, etc the list goes on give us some of your reasoning why he shouldn't have a shot at getting Nebraska back to respectable? If you fire him, we lose the best recruiting class in a long time, and we are in shambles. What happens if we don't get Scott Frost (the savior?) If you can't see all of the positives happening in the program that is on you. I agree that we need to win, but our team is super young and getting reps. The last of the Bo talent will be gone soon, but carry on.

We don't know what the recruiting class will be.

I think it is unreasonable to ignore JCs if in fact there is a lack of talent.

Has smoke and mirrors occurred to you?

TL certainly hasn't been the savior we were promised and the can't miss young QBs can't even see the field.

All in all it's a mess and for me I don't see passion or urgency from MR.

Golly gosh it just takes time fellas.

Yeah, of a minimum of a 5 year build. This team had nothing 3 years ago, and a toxic ass culture left from Bo in which players didn't want to play. A lot of these youngsters are playing and are going to light it up in years to come. Also, a lot of these players aren't beating out the others because they need at least a few years of S&C. How many lineman do you see at most schools that are ready to go as Freshman.. I'll wait. Keep trying though.
3 years ago. We were better at RB, QB, Receiver, DL , CB, Safety. Everywhere.

We have digressed at every position.

Stop saying it takes 5 years. That's not true.

Your excuses are poor and just that. Excuses. This team is returning a lot of players from last year.

Who moved Kalu from corner....please.

Reactions: oldjar07
3 years ago. We were better at RB, QB, Receiver, DL , CB, Safety. Everywhere.

We have digressed at every position.

Stop saying it takes 5 years. That's not true.

Your excuses are poor and just that. Excuses. This team is returning a lot of players from last year.

Who moved Kalu from corner....please.

Why do you think that is? Bo.. It's not that hard.... Go look at the talent that is coming in via Mike vs.. Bo.

Do you really think we were better at those positions:

RB - I agree. We had Abdullah. Lucky
Safety - I'll take Reed, Dismuke in a year and what we have vs. 3 years ago.
CB - I'll take our current Talent and incoming talent vs. 3 years ago
Receiver - I'll take our guys and what we have coming in vs. 3 years ago
QB - Kind of a wash right now. Yolobomb vs. Lee right now, none are big time, but Lee has looked a hell of a lot better the last two games, and Gebbia has a bright ass future.

I can go on, but the fact of the matter is the talent is upgrading big time, and we are going through a major scheme change. There are growing pains, but if you really expect a huge change in 2.5 years with a depleted roster, you don't understand football.

Also, if you think my excuses are poor, provide some examples supporting your argument. All you say is we were better 3 years ago... How?

Wow I'll take a shot at this. The roster revamp, the toxic culture, the bad and young talent. None of that is proven to be anything but excuses. Every single NCAA coach goes through similar issues especially as a new coach. Very few walk into situations where they are replacing enough talent to win 9.5 games a year for 67 years.

As for recruiting? I'm not sure what you are seeing but this is NOT the best class we have had in a long time. I really doubt he even holds onto most of the 4 stars even if he does get another year.

"if you can't see all the positives happening in the program that is on you". Well there seems to be a strong majority also not seeing it. Poor, unorganized play, poor fundamentals, too many penalties, alignment issues, poor decisions, judgement, dropped passes, poor tackling, poor clock management, questionable play calling. I'm really not sure what you are looking at but the average fan doesn't see the positive's.

Reactions: oldjar07
We don't know what the recruiting class will be.

I think it is unreasonable to ignore JCs if in fact there is a lack of talent.

Has smoke and mirrors occurred to you?

TL certainly hasn't been the savior we were promised and the can't miss young QBs can't even see the field.

All in all it's a mess and for me I don't see passion or urgency from MR.

Golly gosh it just takes time fellas.

I agree with you on ignoring JUCO's. I think we have done a poor job of that, as well as I think we should oversign, and process players. I agree we haven't done crap in that aspect. I can see the upgrade in talent though on the whole. I'd much rather take Roberts, Barry, Ferguson and the other LB's vs. Newby, Dedrick I can't move young, etc. I guess I'll wait on TL as well. He has looked like crap early.. His last two games though, he has looked pretty dang good, and maybe he is starting to get it. We forget he hasn't played a game in 2 years.

I think things are on the upswing talent wise, and I'd like to see what this class could bring. There are absolute studs that are coming here as of now that we haven't had in awhile. If we suck really really bad next year, I'm all for giving the keys to someone else, but getting 2.5 years and having to basically rebuild a program that has MAC talent at best should deserve time.

Wow I'll take a shot at this. The roster revamp, the toxic culture, the bad and young talent. None of that is proven to be anything but excuses. Every single NCAA coach goes through similar issues especially as a new coach. Very few walk into situations where they are replacing enough talent to win 9.5 games a year for 67 years.

As for recruiting? I'm not sure what you are seeing but this is NOT the best class we have had in a long time. I really doubt he even holds onto most of the 4 stars even if he does get another year.

"if you can't see all the positives happening in the program that is on you". Well there seems to be a strong majority also not seeing it. Poor, unorganized play, poor fundamentals, too many penalties, alignment issues, poor decisions, judgement, dropped passes, poor tackling, poor clock management, questionable play calling. I'm really not sure what you are looking at but the average fan doesn't see the positive's.

Bookie - Best Corner we've probably seen potentially in 20 years. Josh Moore - Best WR we might have ever seen at NU. 2 big time in state studs that we haven't had in awhile, and also very highly rated other pieces coming in. Also, have some shots at other big fish if Riley is retained. So yes, this is the best class in a long time potentially. Can you name a better class?

As far as progress goes:

We are going through a major defensive change, and we expect it to work from game 1? Lol. This D has gone from terrible to respectable. Still have a ways to go, but they are progressing. Just go look at the stats.

Name poor clock management examples where this is being botched over and over this year? What poor decisions. Provide examples.. I'll give you drops, but provide examples of judgement and unorganized play.

I can't wait until we fire Riley and in year 2.5 of Frost not turning it around all of you are bitching about giving him more time.

Bookie - Best Corner we've probably seen potentially in 20 years. Josh Moore - Best WR we might have ever seen at NU. 2 big time in state studs that we haven't had in awhile, and also very highly rated other pieces coming in. Also, have some shots at other big fish if Riley is retained. So yes, this is the best class in a long time potentially. Can you name a better class?

As far as progress goes:

We are going through a major defensive change, and we expect it to work from game 1? Lol. This D has gone from terrible to respectable. Still have a ways to go, but they are progressing. Just go look at the stats.

Name poor clock management examples where this is being botched over and over this year? What poor decisions. Provide examples.. I'll give you drops, but provide examples of judgement and unorganized play.

I can't wait until we fire Riley and in year 2.5 of Frost not turning it around all of you are bitching about giving him more time.

I don't think Bookie or Moore ever sign with Riley. Unless this team finds something we are looking at a 6-6 team give or take one game. No way we win 8. At 6-6 the writing is on the wall and even if retained.......the recruits will likely move on.

Oh my goodness...stop! Did we really need to make up this intangible crap to make ourselves feel better? Toxic? Where did the toxins go when they were 7-0 and ranked like 10th last year? Were those toxins incubating and waiting to strike again? Did the players that had these "toxins" have a master play to start 7-0...then did they also plan to lose in OT at Wisconsin just to mess with the fans and Coach Riley?

There is one toxin...Mediocrity...and Mike is filled with it.

The "Bo" excuse is about to expire.

Most folks have moved onto the "Eichorst" excuse already. Need to keep up.

Reactions: jeans15
Oh my goodness...stop! Did we really need to make up this intangible crap to make ourselves feel better? Toxic? Where did the toxins go when they were 7-0 and ranked like 10th last year? Were those toxins incubating and waiting to strike again? Did the players that had these "toxins" have a master play to start 7-0...then did they also plan to lose in OT at Wisconsin just to mess with the fans and Coach Riley?

There is one toxin...Mediocrity...and Mike is filled with it.

You obviously have no connection to the program whatsoever. Last year we were lucky with a decently easy schedule that masked a lot of it. But keep partying.

You obviously have no connection to the program whatsoever. Last year we were lucky with a decently easy schedule that masked a lot of it. But keep partying.

So "luck" is the cure for "toxins" until they play good teams. Then they lose. Hmmm

I wonder, could it be that maybe just maybe it isn't the "toxins" you speak of but more so that NU isn't all that great and the staff is even worse and when they play good teams they get beat?

You seem to like calling out posters to provide proof. Could you please list out the losses that have been caused by the "toxins" thanks!

I don't think Bookie or Moore ever sign with Riley. Unless this team finds something we are looking at a 6-6 team give or take one game. No way we win 8. At 6-6 the writing is on the wall and even if retained.......the recruits will likely move on.

If Riley stays those guys are both in, and will both start from day 1. If Riley is gone, you lose those guys and more. Keyshawn will also not be back either, although not sure that is as big of a deal.

The biggest problem is 2018 schedule is a gauntlet again. If you fire Riley, you get a transition recruiting class which is going to hurt again. Any coach is going to have difficulty navigating next years schedule, and tack on to possibly attitudes from firing. Next year, whoever the savior coach is, is going to endure a brutal season. Let us at least get this class on campus, and if next year sucks, get rid of him, but at least get the talent in.

I watched the game this weekend with 5 former Huskers, and about 10 current pro football players. All commented that they younger players looked a heck of a lot better than the other guys. Also, they mentioned that there is no way that the install of the 3-4 D was going to happen over night with awesome results.

Reactions: WHCSC

seriously? how about the end of the first half in the last game we played?

frost would at least have an excuse - he's a relatively new coach. Riley is 64 years old and still compleyely terrible at clock mgmt.

So "luck" is the cure for "toxins" until they play good teams. Then they lose. Hmmm

I wonder, could it be that maybe just maybe it isn't the "toxins" you speak of but more so that NU isn't all that great and the staff is even worse and when they play good teams they get beat?

You seem to like calling out posters to provide proof. Could you please list out the losses that have been caused by the "toxins" thanks!

Luck doesn't cure the toxins, getting them out of the program does. Players basically quit in the Ohio State game, and it was widely know that Tommy went off script in a lot of games last year and the coach was constantly having to deal with it, instead of him running the offense. Also, because of those past loyalties, this staff went with decisions that they probably shouldn't have aka, Tommy starting against Iowa at 40% as well as Utter and others. Part of that has to deal with our back up sucking, but there was a lot of animosity still pent up on last years team. We were actually pretty close to having WIlbon among others quit last year because of playing time.

Year 1 was absolutely terrible for this hence us not doing very well.

frost would at least have an excuse - he's a relatively new coach. Riley is 64 years old and still compleyely terrible at clock mgmt.
Come on...he has only had 44 years of coaching experience!

How was it poor clock management? You may be right, but let me know how. We went right back down the field, and got a football after multiple shots.

Luck doesn't cure the toxins, getting them out of the program does. Players basically quit in the Ohio State game, and it was widely know that Tommy went off script in a lot of games last year and the coach was constantly having to deal with it, instead of him running the offense. Also, because of those past loyalties, this staff went with decisions that they probably shouldn't have aka, Tommy starting against Iowa at 40% as well as Utter and others. Part of that has to deal with our back up sucking, but there was a lot of animosity still pent up on last years team. We were actually pretty close to having WIlbon among others quit last year because of playing time.

Year 1 was absolutely terrible for this hence us not doing very well.

That is bad coaching...if you let the players run the team that is bad coaching. Period.

Now, back to the toxin-losses, which ones were they?

Now, back to the toxin-losses, which ones were they?[/QUOTE]

Oh it's bad coaching knowing that no matter what you do the kids aren't going to follow it. Got it. I get it, you want Riley gone, and think your savior coach is going to get you better results.

Now, back to the toxin-losses, which ones were they?

Oh it's bad coaching knowing that no matter what you do the kids aren't going to follow it. Got it. I get it, you want Riley gone, and think your savior coach is going to get you better results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is bad coaching. If you know the "kids" won't follow it either way then you better do what you are planning to do in year 1 instead of year 3.

Oh it's bad coaching knowing that no matter what you do the kids aren't going to follow it. Got it. I get it, you want Riley gone, and think your savior coach is going to get you better results.

Yeah, it is bad coaching. If you know the "kids" won't follow it either way then you better do what you are planning to do in year 1 instead of year 3.[/QUOTE]

Mike Riley and Dennis Erickson went 129-97 w/ the Beavers from 1997-2014. Every other OSU HC since 1976 is combined 51-206-5.

Horrible coach.

For the highlighted section LOL. Yeah he is really going to do that with none of the players that are his, and are all bitter because their guy is now gone. Come on man...

Yeah, it is bad coaching. If you know the "kids" won't follow it either way then you better do what you are planning to do in year 1 instead of year 3.

Mike Riley and Dennis Erickson went 129-97 w/ the Beavers from 1997-2014. Every other OSU HC since 1976 is combined 51-206-5.

Horrible coach.

For the highlighted section LOL. Yeah he is really going to do that with none of the players that are his, and are all bitter because their guy is now gone. Come on man...[/QUOTE]

I didn't say horrible coach. He is an average coach. He USED bad coaching by not doing this his way at the start.

And now ALL the guys were bitter? Wow. So, which are the toxic losses? BYU? Wait, Purdue, right? Illinois? That NW game when the slow statue QB ran for like 125 yards...toxic?

Horrible coach.

For the highlighted section LOL. Yeah he is really going to do that with none of the players that are his, and are all bitter because their guy is now gone. Come on man...

I didn't say horrible coach. He is an average coach. He USED bad coaching by not doing this his way at the start.

And now ALL the guys were bitter? Wow. So, which are the toxic losses? BYU? Wait, Purdue, right? Illinois? That NW game when the slow statue QB ran for like 125 yards...toxic?[/QUOTE]

It's not worth arguing with you. You don't get it, and obviously have no insight to the program because yes, all of those losses have a great deal of toxic culture affecting them. Bo is a shitty coach and would have won probably 9 games that year because at least the kids would have bought into the plan, and the coaching staff wouldn't have to deal with them doing whatever the hell they want. #ignore.

And now ALL the guys were bitter? Wow. So, which are the toxic losses? BYU? Wait, Purdue, right? Illinois? That NW game when the slow statue QB ran for like 125 yards...toxic?

It's not worth arguing with you. You don't get it, and obviously have no insight to the program because yes, all of those losses have a great deal of toxic culture affecting them. Bo is a shitty coach and would have won probably 9 games that year because at least the kids would have bought into the plan, and the coaching staff wouldn't have to deal with them doing whatever the hell they want. #ignore.[/QUOTE]

Did the wins have any toxins?

If Riley stays those guys are both in, and will both start from day 1. If Riley is gone, you lose those guys and more. Keyshawn will also not be back either, although not sure that is as big of a deal.

If Riley stays they with less than 8 wins they will not sign. Guaranteed. Bookie is borderline anyway. They will not attach themselves to lame duck coach. I personally don't think he can keep his job with 7 wins and I absolutely believe at 7 wins this class falls apart. It will end up one of the lowest ranked classes in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT