ADVERTISEMENT

.....”Meaningless”......

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
Why are people, on a college football fan board, calling this football game meaningless?

I have a lot of thoughts on everything going on but for now I’m looking for people to chime in with their perspective.

Is it, really?

Great game for the kids that want to be a part of this.

Great experience for a staff that needs it.

Great break from doom and gloom, fear world.

There’s really nothing meaningless about it unless you thought we were winning a championship this year.

I don’t think this is a meaningless game as we all knew going in there was going to be a crossover game for all BIG-10 teams.

I highly doubt there will be a bowl bid but if there is one we should decline. We are not deserving this year.

Why are people, on a college football fan board, calling this football game meaningless?

I have a lot of thoughts on everything going on but for now I’m looking for people to chime in with their perspective.

Is it, really?
I'll take all the football we can get, especially in an already shortened season. I hope the players don't think it's meaningless. I'm not really expecting much, but it's an opportunity for younger guys to get some playing time and maybe end a disastrous season on somewhat of a positive note if we pull out a win.

I think the last game of the season for struggling programs is important in the sense that you'd like to end on a high note if you can. Any kind of positive energy and momentum is sorely needed for Frost and Co. Beyond THAT, yeah it's pretty meaningless.

I don't think it's meaningless because I always want to see Nebraska play. Explains why I go to spring games and open scrimmages. Also, playing is a way to get better. Not playing means no practice either. We need all the practice we can get.

Plus I have nothing to do. J/K. I schedule my life around Huskers sports. Pathetic - I know.

Reactions: HuskerDana
It's a chance to play a football game, for players to improve, especially younger guys, and therein lies meaningfulness. However, it is meaningless in that we are not playing for the division, conference or even a bowl game. I've read a couple of posts suggesting that we might still be considered for a bowl game. If that is a realistic possibility, the game certain has additional meaning.

Is it, really?
Because it is

Is it, really?
Concerning the current season, it's pretty pointless in my opinion. But player (and coaching) development is what we need.

Side note: It saddens me that I didn't even know we had another game after last week. I used to care about the dates, times, and details of every game. Hell, I used to take a day off for signing day.

The fact that I didn't even know we're playing another game is, well, telling of the state of the program. And my enthusiasm.

GBR

Is it, really?

Scott Frost- Lather rinse, repeat on game plan...
AM Lather, rinse, repeat on passing and running...
Final Result 50-50

Will there be improvement, highly doubtful.
Will someone break out in the game, highly doubtful
Will the fan base melt down, highly likely
Will Frost repeat the last 8 post game presser, highly likely

This is why it is meaningless...

Not meaningless, even to those who sit out so they can pursue their career in the NFL draft.

This is a huge game - a win here would give Neb and Rutgers the same number of conference wins but would give Neb the all important tie breaker over Rutgers when ranking the bottom tier of the conference

a must win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT