ADVERTISEMENT

Damn

BrighteRed24

Junior
Nov 5, 2018
Michigan was better than us at every position, players and coaches. Credit to them.

We are paying big money for Rhule, 150M+ invested into the Go Big project and another 450M+ proposed for South Stadium. It’s time for our athletic department to find a way to be competitive in football now. I’m still hopeful on Rhule, but we need to get 6 wins this year. I’m done with the let’s wait and see shit, it’s time to win Rhule

Next week could be a make or break for the season. 3-3 going in to the bye week should set up our chances @ 6 wins as likely with just having to go 3-3 in the final 6.

But 2-4 and having to go 4-2 in the final 6 would be much more difficult…

Bold prediction is we win our next 4

The team is about where I thought they would be at this point. What really matters is how they finish the second half of the season. Making any bowl game, getting the extra practice time, and finishing on an upward trajectory compared to the last nine seasons would be a good thing.

Michigan was better than us at every position, players and coaches. Credit to them.

We are paying big money for Rhule, 150M+ invested into the Go Big project and another 450M+ proposed for South Stadium. It’s time for our athletic department to find a way to be competitive in football now. I’m still hopeful on Rhule, but we need to get 6 wins this year. I’m done with the let’s wait and see shit, it’s time to win Rhule
Rhule literally said outloud before the season that it would take time to build his program. He’s a proven program builder. Why can’t our fans quit being spoiled children and give it a chance? It’s been so long since we’ve been good, let’s let the guy do it his way. How much money the university is spending is irrelevant. Blows my mind that fans who pay ZERO dollars of MR’s salary use it as a reason to be disappointed.

Rhule literally said outloud before the season that it would take time to build his program. He’s a proven program builder. Why can’t our fans quit being spoiled children and give it a chance? It’s been so long since we’ve been good, let’s let the guy do it his way. How much money the university is spending is irrelevant. Blows my mind that fans who pay ZERO dollars of MR’s salary use it as a reason to be disappointed.
It’s unbelievable to me that people like you see a game today where UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us and you are just totally fine with it. Your loser metanlity is exactly why our program is where it is. It’s embarrassing

It’s unbelievable to me that people like you see a game today where UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us and you are just totally fine with it. Your loser metanlity is exactly why our program is where it is. It’s embarrassing
Your problem is assuming that a score comparison matters. It doesn’t. Michigan showed up with something to prove today. What they did vs bowling green is irrelevant.

Maybe we should reallocate the stadium upgrades to buying elite talent. Upgrade the stadium when there is a team worthy of the upgrades.

A "loser mentality" is really what is keeping our program down? Really? Like if only they'd demand to win then they'd win? That kind of "winner" mentality?

Give Coach Rhule some time. The first couple of years is foundation building. The rubble is still being cleared. The program was a mess when Rhule took over. Michigan (right now) is where we want to be.

Maybe we should reallocate the stadium upgrades to buying elite talent. Upgrade the stadium when there is a team worthy of the upgrades.
It’ll be easier to keep the sellout streak going with seating in the 70,000’s. Plus they can justify ticket prices with more limited supply. I know Trev said the opposite in the presser, but do you really trust what he’s says?

Or what? I want better but what are the options other than to see if Rhule eventually turns it around?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The team is about where I thought they would be at this point. What really matters is how they finish the second half of the season. Making any bowl game, getting the extra practice time, and finishing on an upward trajectory compared to the last nine seasons would be a good thing.
We're bad, we played a legitimate team and got our ass handed to us again in front of National TV.

Your problem is assuming that a score comparison matters. It doesn’t. Michigan showed up with something to prove today. What they did vs bowling green is irrelevant.
False, your position that today is no big deal is exactly what is wrong with our fan base. Just a constant excuse to justify pathetic expectations.

Auburn has a 1st year coach and took #1 Georgia to the wire. Colorado, I hate them, but they only lost by 7 to #8 USC at home. This is big boy college football. Buckle up buttercup, if you want our program to get back to the top then you better start demanding more from our football program. Today was totally unacceptable

I’m
A "loser mentality" is really what is keeping our program down? Really? Like if only they'd demand to win then they'd win? That kind of "winner" mentality?

Give Coach Rhule some time. The first couple of years is foundation building. The rubble is still being cleared. The program was a mess when Rhule took over. Michigan (right now) is where we want to be.
Did Mack Brown make excuses when he took over North Carolina football?

Isn't that the same response we had for Scott Frost? Give it time? He won 15 games in 5 years.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Not worried? We'll be lucky to make a 3rd tier bowl game?
nope, I'm not worried at all.

I think HH solidified his spot today. I saw a composed guy and team who just got beat up by a much better team.

I think we can still win a lot of games. I'd like to see Fleeks get in the game a lot more from here on out too.

It's a work in progress on both sides of the ball, but there is no reason for us to not go get another 4 wins and show some progress.

Rhule needs to get some OL transfers in here and more talent at every position, but step 1 is getting to a bowl game.

You don't go from one extreme to the other overnight. We need to take steps forward and keep fighting for it. It won't be just given to you.

This team can do this. I'm positive of that.

And Michigan is very good. They're playoff good. We're... rebuilding. And that's the truth. We're rebuilding. This is year one under Coach Rhule.

6 wins would be a minor turning point for this program and we need it. It would be another building block toward the future. Find a way to get ahead of some of these middling big 10 teams. Rhule needs proof of concept to show he is building a powerhouse with top ranked players

Michigan looks like the best team I’ve watched this year. Give the coach time. I’ve been a big critic of his but I realize he’s here for a while and there’s no point in giving up on him this soon.

We need WRs and OL badly,

The way the university of Nebraska has spent money since Solich makes the US government look like efficient money managers.

I’m still hopeful on Rhule, but we need to get 6 wins this year. I’m done with the let’s wait and see shit, it’s time to win Rhule
I disagree. We saw the desperate to "win now" scheme with Riley and Frost. And that's what got us into this mess to begin with.

I disagree. We saw the desperate to "win now" scheme with Riley and Frost. And that's what got us into this mess to begin with.

Riley was a "win now" hire? The guy who never lost fewer than 4 games in a season at Oregon State?

No one expected Rhule to come in and win the conference. But we did expect to see improved fundamentals and fewer mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT