ADVERTISEMENT

Damn

Riley was a "win now" hire? The guy who never lost fewer than 4 games in a season at Oregon State?

No one expected Rhule to come in and win the conference. But we did expect to see improved fundamentals and fewer mistakes.
The goal posts are constantly shifting

It’s unbelievable to me that people like you see a game today where UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us and you are just totally fine with it. Your loser metanlity is exactly why our program is where it is. It’s embarrassing
This is a pretty weird take. Don't we all know that Frost left the cupboard pretty freaking bare? We don't have an actual P5 QB or OL or WR corps and the running back room has been decimated.

And Michigan has one of the best OLs in college football.

I'm not really sure what you expected. "Score comparisons" have never made any sense or been relevant, so forget about those.

I'm not thrilled with where NU is at right now, but it's not Rhule, his assistants, or the players fault. It's Frost's.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Riley was a "win now" hire? The guy who never lost fewer than 4 games in a season at Oregon State?

No one expected Rhule to come in and win the conference. But we did expect to see improved fundamentals and fewer mistakes.
We have seen improvement. If you seriously thought NU was going to hang with Michigan... well, that's your own fault.

Michigan was better than us at every position, players and coaches. Credit to them.

We are paying big money for Rhule, 150M+ invested into the Go Big project and another 450M+ proposed for South Stadium. It’s time for our athletic department to find a way to be competitive in football now. I’m still hopeful on Rhule, but we need to get 6 wins this year. I’m done with the let’s wait and see shit, it’s time to win Rhule
Bowl is the goal for this year.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Rhule literally said outloud before the season that it would take time to build his program. He’s a proven program builder. Why can’t our fans quit being spoiled children and give it a chance? It’s been so long since we’ve been good, let’s let the guy do it his way. How much money the university is spending is irrelevant. Blows my mind that fans who pay ZERO dollars of MR’s salary use it as a reason to be disappointed.
You don't think that fans that buy Nebraska merchandise, buy season tickets and continue to watch Nebraska get blown out aren't paying his salary. Where do you think his pay is coming from? The fact that fans are on here complaining means they care how Nebraska football performs. You may not like the complaining but they have every right considering Rhule is getting $9 million a year.

Reactions: huskercabby
You don't think that fans that buy Nebraska merchandise, buy season tickets and continue to watch Nebraska get blown out aren't paying his salary. Where do you think his pay is coming from? The fact that fans are on here complaining means they care how Nebraska football performs. You may not like the complaining but they have every right considering Rhule is getting $9 million a year.
Market rates for head coaches have no influence on anything. If we paid MR half of his salary, would yesterdays result be more palatable? He’s paid what we had to pay to get him here. Nothing is guaranteed because of what he is or isn’t paid. We paid the market rate to get our guy. He said it wasn’t going to be quick. I’m sorry if that makes our whiny fan base upset, but quick fixes don’t work very often in college football. MR has done this before. Twice. Let him work.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
It’s unbelievable to me that people like you see a game today where UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us and you are just totally fine with it. Your loser metanlity is exactly why our program is where it is. It’s embarrassing
How has UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us? We didn't play them.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Very, very few people expected us to beat Michigan this year. And many of us were expecting a beat down which is exactly what we got.

Time to put the game behind us. Michigan is better than we are and we already knew that. The game did not show us anything other than what we already knew. And it was only some weird kind of Big Red optimism that had anyone hoping for an upset. I am still way more pissed about losing to Minnesota than losing this one. We should be 3-2 right now with only one loss in the conference.

There are seven winnable games still left to be played. Rhule now needs to earn that salary and get this team ready to compete for the Big Ten West crown.

Now let's go stomp the shit out of fat Beliema and rub his nose in it.

How UNLV and Bowling Green outclassed us? We didn't play them.

UNLV, East Carolina and Bowling Green all played Michigan tougher than we did. Those games were all at Michigan. This is not cherry picking one game, it’s three low level teams that fought Michigan much harder than we did. It’s really pathetic

UNLV, East Carolina and Bowling Green all played Michigan tougher than we did. Those games were all at Michigan. This is not cherry picking one game, it’s three low level teams that fought Michigan much harder than we did. It’s really pathetic
Dude, everyone knows it's retarded to compare games.

Remember how many close losses Frost had in his 4th year? Did he outclass all those other teams who also lost to our same opponents? Even if he did, it clearly meant nothing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
That was his position. He is writing off yesterdays performance as “Michigan coming here with something to prove.”
Here is exactly what he said. Show me where he said that yesterday was no big deal.
Your problem is assuming that a score comparison matters. It doesn’t. Michigan showed up with something to prove today. What they did vs bowling green is irrelevant.
His position is that comparing our game vs Michigan to BG vs Michigan is irrelevant. It's pretty clear in the words he literally used.

Dude, everyone knows it's retarded to compare games.

Remember how many close losses Frost had in his 4th year? Did he outclass all those other teams who also lost to our same opponents? Even if he did, it clearly meant nothing.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree here.

I was simply pointing out that through 4 home games Michigan took care of business, but by no means looked like a juggernaut against 4 shitty programs. Scores are indicative of that. It is a trend.

Then yesterday comes and Michigan looks like a well oiled machine and a juggernaut. Go ahead and write that off to Michigan having something to prove.

I will not be doing that. I saw a flat and unmotivated Nebraska team. I also saw a Nebraska team that was unable to overcome early adversity. These are alarming to signs to me and I hope Rhule gets it fixed quickly

Reactions: HuskerO
We’re going to have to agree to disagree here.

I was simply pointing out that through 4 home games Michigan took care of business, but by no means looked like a juggernaut against 4 shitty programs. Scores are indicative of that. It is a trend.

Then yesterday comes and Michigan looks like a well oiled machine and a juggernaut. Go ahead and write that off to Michigan having something to prove.

I will not be doing that. I saw a flat and unmotivated Nebraska team. I also saw a Nebraska team that was unable to overcome early adversity. These are alarming to signs to me and I hope Rhule gets it fixed quickly
Fair enough.

To me, 2 things can be true at the same time.

We came out flat and unmotivated, but didn't get outclassed by the teams you mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT