ADVERTISEMENT

Would you hire Dabo?

kingofcars

Jul 22, 2016
Of course now we all would hire Dabo Sweeney if we could ever get him away from Clemson which we obviously will not. But he is a prime example of why we should not brush off Mickey Joseph. Dabo was a WR coach and one of the Best recruiters in the Nation. Took over with 6 games left, went 4-2. Lost his first one, Had a bye week, Fired the OC, and went on to play in the Gator Bowl vs Nebraska. Since then he has lost 33 Games. Now clemson was in a little better spot when Dabo took over than Nebraska is but he has built a culture there that is one of the best in the nation. I believe Mickey can build the same type of culture here. Urban would win us games right away but he always leaves a program in a worse spot when he leaves. If we make a bowl game or even go 4-4 the last 8 games here, it would be hard not to give mickey a shot.

Of course now we all would hire Dabo Sweeney if we could ever get him away from Clemson which we obviously will not. But he is a prime example of why we should not brush off Mickey Joseph. Dabo was a WR coach and one of the Best recruiters in the Nation. Took over with 6 games left, went 4-2. Lost his first one, Had a bye week, Fired the OC, and went on to play in the Gator Bowl vs Nebraska. Since then he has lost 33 Games. Now clemson was in a little better spot when Dabo took over than Nebraska is but he has built a culture there that is one of the best in the nation. I believe Mickey can build the same type of culture here. Urban would win us games right away but he always leaves a program in a worse spot when he leaves. If we make a bowl game or even go 4-4 the last 8 games here, it would be hard not to give mickey a shot.
No. Too big of a risk. Plus, I think your scenario is highly unlikely. I don't see 1 more win on this schedule.

Urban leaves programs in a worse spot when he leaves? Last I checked, Ohio State has been doing just fine since Urban left.

Dabo does a lot more than just recruit well. Player development, athletic performance and training, the coaching staff (which included OU's current coach), and building a strong culture with dedicated players are all part of what Dabo has been able to utilize to build his program.

I'd have no problem with mickey if he turns things around, which seems to mean the defense starting to stop people at this point. if he can do that he will impress me..seeing he's a wr coach currently turned hc..if he can get some wins and keep us in games..

did dabo have venrables as dc at clemson when he took over?

I'd have no problem with mickey if he turns things around, which seems to mean the defense starting to stop people at this point. if he can do that he will impress me..seeing he's a wr coach currently turned hc..if he can get some wins and keep us in games..

Vic Koenig was the DC, currently the DC at LA Monroe

Reactions: redwine65
Jurassic Park Reaction GIF by PlayStation

Dabo does a lot more than just recruit well. Player development, athletic performance and training, the coaching staff (which included OU's current coach), and building a strong culture with dedicated players are all part of what Dabo has been able to utilize to build his program.
His story is super interesting. I'd recommend everybody check it out.

Mickey may or may not be head coaching material. I don't think anybody knows. Unfortunately for him and maybe us as well, his try out isn't really a fair test. Nick Saban could not turn this thing around mid season. Too much is broke. So Mickey will not have enough wins to get the job. If he goes elsewhere and finds success, that will be more salt in our wounds. Unless we get a guy who gets it done here.

He won’t get the chance. This team is broken beyond repair. They are a team that doesn’t practice tackling, have no confidence and a losing mentality. You can’t just start fixing those things and be good at it in a few weeks. Needed to happen in spring camp and fall camp.

My guess is that if he does a respectable job and Neb doesn’t get one or their top choices, he may get the job.

He won’t get the chance. This team is broken beyond repair. They are a team that doesn’t practice tackling, have no confidence and a losing mentality. You can’t just start fixing those things and be good at it in a few weeks. Needed to happen in spring camp and fall camp.

My guess is that if he does a respectable job and Neb doesn’t get one or their top choices, he may get the job.
probably, sure would be nice if they could fix the d so they were somewhat better....then I think we have a chance to win some games....and stay in some....if mickey gets to a bowl....thats hard to argue against...

if we get a big name coach like aranda, stoops...they will probably bring their own guys....but maybe ku's coach from being around nebraska would understand the value in keeping mickey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT