ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Rhule pick Sims?

Remember a couple years ago when the Huskers center couldn’t get the shotgun snap to AMart and he would get killed back there. No we have a center who can snap but a quarterback who fumbles snaps. Yikes!

That receiver running across on those fumbles doesn’t help but that is on Sims asking for the ball before the receiver clears. That is worse than a fumble because it’s 100% mental and self inflicted.

Reactions: headcard and WHCSC
It wouldn't shock me if Nebraska finds some miracle out of their ass to get D. Raiola to change his mind on signing day and he ends up here. Desperation makes people do strange things.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I don't necessarily disagree, but Colorado got 4, Wisconsin got 3, and Minnesota got 3 WRs out of the portal who were all rated higher than the 1 we got. We keep hearing about our NIL money, but based on the evidence we are not really serious when it comes to paying what it takes now to get high end players in here.

Regarding QBs, Sanders kid got at least 1.4-1.6 million, while Sims is listed as having gone for 83-103k on various websites. There is a HUGE disconnect between the average fan and the boosters of substance and the admin and maybe even coaches on what it means to be serious about winning games in 2023.
We're too busy overspending on head coaches

It wouldn't shock me if Nebraska finds some miracle out of their ass to get D. Raiola to change his mind on signing day and he ends up here. Desperation makes people do strange things.
dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

All the spring game experts in the media both local and national said Sims was a great pick. Everyone said it would be a win if we get to a bowl game, we aren’t out of it yet. We’ll win the next two, the line will take two steps forward then we’ll loose to Michigan, then the real season begins. You got to realize, Rhule went after the staff where Prime went after the recruits, it takes time for the staff to jell, so when Sanders brings in most of his staff then gets some good players they are two steps ahead, which no one expected. We gave Frost five years we have to relax and trust Rhules process.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Quite the opposite, actually. Hoping NIL $$$ can overcome two decades of shitty teams, shitty coaching, and shitty players' attitudes, thus "buying" wins we can't earn the right way, is the ultimate loser mentality.
Yep but you know that's happily been destroyed now. No more "dear old U" just show me the money.
People are cheering it like that was the ONLY way it could've been done.
And then people question me when I say its not fun anymore.

Yep but you know that's happily been destroyed now. No more "dear old U" just show me the money.
People are cheering it like that was the ONLY way it could've been done.
And then people question me when I say its not fun anymore.
No idea what you are on about. Try it again in 36 hours.

think of it from Rhule's shoes.. you just got ousted from your NFL gig.. you don't really want to come to Nebraska, but they are going to throw obscene amounts of money at you, and your wife is twisting your arm.. Ok, we'll go do the Nebraska thing.. take their money, tell them what they want to hear.. see what happens.. f it, I'm already set for life.
Maybe we can get him to Tucker this thing?

He was padding depth at QB because CT was recovering off-season and unfortunately CT bailed. Can’t blame CT, the O-line is pathetic and the keep trotting out these Pillsbury doughboy wannabes.
If we had Casey and Allen would it make any difference? Casey has played two games at Florida Atlantic (1-1). He has passed for 460 yards at a 64.18% clip. 5 TDs and 3 Ints. Allen has rushed in his two games at Miami 14 times for 70 yards.

It’s not like he had a ton of options. Kids have to want to play at Neb and the top recruits don’t want to play. Name the last QB we put in the league that did anything.

You have to pay them these days, money talks. DR by all accounts at least considered Nebraska for awhile. Now, maybe he was never gonna come here, IDK, but we didn’t even match UGA’s NIL offer, apparently their offer destroyed ours.

My point is, if we wanna be in the game we gotta get in the game. That’s way too easy of a decision for DR. I can play for the reigning 2 time national champion and make twice as much money, or… I can choose to be 50% poorer and play for team that hasn’t made a bowl game in 5 years. If we can’t at least match the money these top programs are offering we’re never gonna land the talent to win at an elite level. I mean, would you take less money to play for a shitty team? I sure as shit wouldn’t…

Reactions: Tetonia and jkeb
Doesn’t matter why he picked him

I’m much more interested in how he handles him moving forward
Sure it matters.. it shows a pattern of evaluation, planning, and execution that puts us in the situation we are in today. Nobody else but Rhule is driving the bus. Saying it doesn't matter means you don't want to hold him accountable.

Sure it matters.. it shows a pattern of evaluation, planning, and execution that puts us in the situation we are in today. Nobody else but Rhule is driving the bus. Saying it doesn't matter means you don't want to hold him accountable.
Have you ever read one of @king_kong_ posts?

Reactions: king_kong_
There was reason to take Sims. He showed improvement as time went on at Tech, especially last season. His attributes (outside of turning the ball over) match the offense we want to run. His numbers so far this year are twice as bad as any of his seasons as a yellow jacket. On paper, it should not be this bad.

I just don’t think he’s translating to learning this offense very well, so far. Maybe that, combined with the bigger fan base is resulting in some nerves.

If you’re calling for Sims to move to WR, just log out of the site and go check again if you can return your Gateway desktop back to Circuit City.

There was reason to take Sims. He showed improvement as time went on at Tech, especially last season. His attributes (outside of turning the ball over) match the offense we want to run. His numbers so far this year are twice as bad as any of his seasons as a yellow jacket. On paper, it should not be this bad.

I just don’t think he’s translating to learning this offense very well, so far. Maybe that, combined with the bigger fan base is resulting in some nerves.

If you’re calling for Sims to move to WR, just log out of the site and go check again if you can return your Gateway desktop back to Circuit City.
For real... The dude has hands of stone!

I'd switch him to safety/rover...

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Outside of maybe CT, this has just fallen in line with what our program has been since Riley was hired. We bring in QBs that look decent on paper only to be one of the worst in P5. It can truly feel at times like the curse of this program is supernatural the past 10 years.

You've said this multiple times. What makes you believe this is a fact vs an opinion?
it was reported that he initially turned down our overtures, but then his wife basically twisted his arm to look at our offer more seriously. This was also backed up, in little bits here and there from different videos around the time of his hire. Matt himself mentioned in his speech that his wife kind of did this.

I paid very close attention to all this stuff when it happened, as I do with all things Husker football. It doesn't mean I am 100% right about everything all the time, but if you don't believe me, then you are free to think whatever you want. I'm not going to invest hours of my time sifting through old videos just to prove it to you.

Your opinion does not matter to me.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
think of it from Rhule's shoes.. you just got ousted from your NFL gig.. you don't really want to come to Nebraska, but they are going to throw obscene amounts of money at you, and your wife is twisting your arm.. Ok, we'll go do the Nebraska thing.. take their money, tell them what they want to hear.. see what happens.. f it, I'm already set for life.
His wife was twisting his arm to uproot the family again into a gig where they'll be in the spotlight and he'll be gone all the time?

The hottest of takes....lol

His wife was twisting his arm to uproot the family again into a gig where they'll be in the spotlight and he'll be gone all the time?

not entirely false
First Lady of NU Football not f'ing around, according to a recent Athletic piece:

....after his wife Julie walked through the building that’s soon to house the Huskers’ football headquarters, she sought him out and didn’t mince words.

“You should be here 20 years,” Julie told Matt, according to his recounting of the conversation to a high school athletic director in the Omaha area. “Do not screw this up.”

“She was like, ‘You better win some games,’” Rhule said. “You’ve got no excuses.’”

love it!

It amazes me how many fans aren't actually paying attention to what has been going on.

it was reported that he initially turned down our overtures, but then his wife basically twisted his arm to look at our offer more seriously. This was also backed up, in little bits here and there from different videos around the time of his hire. Matt himself mentioned in his speech that his wife kind of did this.

I paid very close attention to all this stuff when it happened, as I do with all things Husker football. It doesn't mean I am 100% right about everything all the time, but if you don't believe me, then you are free to think whatever you want. I'm not going to invest hours of my time sifting through old videos just to prove it to you.

Your opinion does not matter to me.
Haha, why so sensitive?

I'm just asking why you think this is a fact as I don't recall hearing what you're saying. Not that it didn't happen which is why I asked.

I also ask because your claim & reasoning on Albert's wanting to hiring Mickey J (then didn't hire) was shaky at best.

Reactions: headcard
Haha, why so sensitive?

I'm just asking why you think this is a fact as I don't recall hearing what you're saying. Not that it didn't happen which is why I asked.

I also ask because your claim & reasoning on Albert's wanting to hiring Mickey J (then didn't hire) was shaky at best.

If you were a woman he’d slap you silly. Right Nikki?

Haha, why so sensitive?

There is video out there of Alberts lavishing praise on MJ, and then also doing the same to MR during his hire.

Administrators have to be good liars (too strong of a word maybe) but their job is to smooth things over. So getting at the truth of things behind closed doors isn't very easy, because you cannot rely on what is said to the public at face value and have to look at circumstantial evidence.

The way coach Rhule thanked Ted Carter, and Ted's own unsolicited remarks make me think it's more likely that Ted pushed for this hire. You don't have to agree with me.

If this hire goes bad, you are free to blame Trev Alberts. I am just offering a reason why maybe that shouldn't be the case.

My favorite part of all this is how the people who obviously have a literal investment in this coach are falling all over themselves desperately calling out people who wont kiss his ass as if this isn't the place to do so, while using grade school level slurs acting like they have some sort of moral and intellectual upper hand, and then blaming others for doing what they're doing.

Opinions man, we just cant have it.

• Love
Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT