ADVERTISEMENT

Re-thinking the "bench Sims" mantra

His second or third turnover this Saturday is going to result in the first ever booing of our QB in our home opener.
Don’t think that would be accurate but I don’t believe he’ll get a chance to have a third turnover. Might only get one before the hook. Sims will get some boos if he’s introduced as the starter but I recall other QBs getting booed in their first home game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
FWIW I believe HH was received scholarship offers from Harvard and Yale. They don't do that unless they think you will be a fit academically since they know you won't likely be going there to play in the NFL. So what I'm saying is HH is smart and that matters at the QB position.
Harvard and Yale don’t offer scholarships and he wouldn’t meet the criteria for a free ride as a disadvantaged minority. He would have paid 75k/year to be on an Ivy League sports team. They don’t have academic scholarships either

Sorry if already posted but this notion that Rhule ran off Casey has to stop. Casey wanted what no coach should ever agree to....a guaranteed starting position. If he did that, HH and CP would hit the portal ASAP---as they should---leaving NU with no viable backups. It may well be that signing Sims was a mistake but a bigger mistake would be to agree to what Casey wanted.
And with our OL, Casey would not make it through the year without injury!

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT