ADVERTISEMENT

Why Chubba wasn’t starting all year?

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
I am ignorant to the backstory besides knowing Chubba needs groin surgery. But was his injury so bad that he couldn’t start all year? It seem ridiculous that Sims or HH would start over him

If I remember right, I think Rhule said that if he wasn’t hurt at the time, would have put chubba in before HH after he sat Sims.

It is funny how much chubba hate there was in this board for so much of the year. Not to say we’d be 9-1 if he was playing all year, but we’d sure as hell not be worrying about making a bowl game right now.

You answered your own question, yes the groin injury has kept him out all year. They’ve never reported all the details of it publicly

I am ignorant to the backstory besides knowing Chubba needs groin surgery. But was his injury so bad that he couldn’t start all year? It seem ridiculous that Sims or HH would start over him
Yes .

If I remember right, I think Rhule said that if he wasn’t hurt at the time, would have put chubba in before HH after he sat Sims.

It is funny how much chubba hate there was in this board for so much of the year. Not to say we’d be 9-1 if he was playing all year, but we’d sure as hell not be worrying about making a bowl game right now.
Bro, I thought he was trash from his games last year . I liked what I saw out of him last night. I’m happy to be wrong about him

We'd be in a mich different spot if he hadn't been hurt.

Bro, I thought he was trash from his games last year . I liked what I saw out of him last night. I’m happy to be wrong about him

Somebody posted earlier that we'd be 0-11 if was the starter since Colorado. The delusion is strong.

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
We all know who the delusional one is.😂
Classic Film Vintage GIF by Warner Archive

too bad he played against CU and La Tech

there goes the medical hardship

thanks, Coach Rhule
What is the problem you have with Rhule? New coach, new system both sides, QB,WR , OL issues, competitive in every game but Michigan with a team that won 4 last year and lost best player on O and starting QB.

Reactions: wkato and headcard
Why do you care? You dislike him anyway
false.

I was pleasantly surprised by the drive against MD and the two explosives last night.

kind of reverted back to what he'd shown the rest of the game & got lucky to have gotten away with that bobbled INT on the sideline in the 4th quarter.

if he can actually put a W on the board this week I will be ecstatic.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
What is the problem you have with Rhule? New coach, new system both sides, QB,WR , OL issues, competitive in every game but Michigan with a team that won 4 last year and lost best player on O and starting QB.
he looks like a 1st year head coach when in reality he's been doing this job for a decade.

that's not my favorite.

Reactions: c3o
No one is going to change top kong’s mind..

So what we all see with our own 2 eyes in short time Purdy has played the most consistent with only 5Q he has played.. HH has had his moments but you can tell he isn’t a passing QB..

I think, maybe, Chubba wasn’t fully healthy last year? I think people said that or eluded to it? IDK? But I know what I saw last year, and Chubba2023 looks like a totally different player. Ball appears to have more zip/velocity, he’s more decisive and he even looks quicker on his feet. He looked absolutely dreadful last year. Now, IDK what all that means right now? I think I need to see him play well and… actually win the game before I can start believing he’s not the disaster I saw last fall. Hope he can be the guy, and that will be great evidence that these coaches can develop and make QBs better, but as of now, not there yet.

I agree thought he looked way better last night than he looked last year a lot more composed, making good decisions

Reactions: headcard and c3o
It’s amazing how many of these younger players got time because of injury. Pelini, never wanted to give second stringers a chance. He totally screwed up Taylor Martinez. But none of our head coaches after Solich wanted to give second stringers a chance. Solich knew that Osborne was right, “you’ll never find a game changer settin on the bench”. Look how the o-line has improved. Our running backs and receivers should be significantly better next year because we had to play so many of these guys. If we can bring back most of these juniors, only loose non contributing players to transferl, we’ll get a couple keys in on the portal and next year could look pretty good!

I think, maybe, Chubba wasn’t fully healthy last year? I think people said that or eluded to it? IDK? But I know what I saw last year, and Chubba2023 looks like a totally different player. Ball appears to have more zip/velocity, he’s more decisive and he even looks quicker on his feet. He looked absolutely dreadful last year. Now, IDK what all that means right now? I think I need to see him play well and… actually win the game before I can start believing he’s not the disaster I saw last fall. Hope he can be the guy, and that will be great evidence that these coaches can develop and make QBs better, but as of now, not there yet.
No interceptions or fumbles until the desperation pass in OT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT